Had Setbacks-Time for a Comeback!

This post is for the ladies who for whatever reasons (setbacks) they were not able to acheive their hair goals for the past years or months. I know at times it may be upsetting when you see others reaching their hair goals while you are still struggling along. But that's o.k. I personally had three big setbacks this year, and though my hair is healthier and a little thicker it's not much longer than it was 8 months ago when I found the forum. I had breakage from braids, and two cuts, however I'm still determined to grow my hair. So for all the ladies who had setbacks, it's comeback time ya'll. Up for a "comeback challenge"- join me in growing and retaining at least 5 inches by next September.

Healthb4Length

You can count me in! I've been slacking off but now I'm back on track and I hope that MTG can help me too! By next sept I should be past bra length.

zoj2

I wanna join! I've learned how to take care of my hair better, but my problem lies in not stretching out my relaxers. Starting this month I will not relaxer any earlier than 10 weeks (not doing this has set me back tremendously). I will MTG religiously (I love this stuff) and I will limit my use of heat. I will only wear protective style.

I'm in too. I was stretching my relaxers too long this year and that was causing breakage and tangling when relaxer time came. The hair that didn't break was longer, but what's the point when your hair isn't as full as it used to be? :ohwell:
I'm going to go to 10 weeks and get a trim every other relaxer if needed.

I'm going to aim for 3 more inches than now overall by Sept. 2006 since I'll need a haircut to even up my hair sometime within the next six months.

secretdiamond

Me too. I ordered myself a BC (in april) b/c I wasn't satisfied with my hair. I'm kinda like a perfectionist so the two layers and breakage in the middle of my head was driving me crazy so I cut a lot of healthy hair off, but I LOVED my hair cut!!! :love: The stylist was great and the style was gorgeous! Anyway, I was afraid that if i didn't take excellent care of my hair, it would not grow back ( I was about armpit length b4 i cut it to chin length--- i'll post the pic once i post my album). So I started frequenting the boards more and I'm so happy for this setback it has made me take even better care of my hair. Since then, I have found ways to lay off the heat (which I have NEVER been able to do), moisturize more, & airdry. I'm so shocked at my achievement of doing these things. So I'm grateful for the 'setback' b/c we need to look at it this way: Although it was a setback in length, b/c we grow in our knowledge of hair care, it wasn't a setback at all, but a race ahead to our goals of healthy long hair. :)

felicia

*sigh* I lost two inches last week. I didn't even know he was doing it, but oh well my hair looks better and it's still long. I have been slacking, so it's time for me to start back doing things I used to do so I can reach my goal. I have to modify my routine, but I'm not sure what I'm going to change.

cocoberry10

IntelligenceisBeautiful said:
This post is for the ladies who for whatever reasons (setbacks) they were not able to acheive their hair goals for the past years or months. I know at times it may be upsetting when you see others reaching their hair goals while you are still struggling along. But that's o.k. I personally had three big setbacks this year, and though my hair is healthier and a little thicker it's not much longer than it was 8 months ago when I found the forum. I had breakage from braids, and two cuts, however I'm still determined to grow my hair. So for all the ladies who had setbacks, it's comeback time ya'll. Up for a "comeback challenge"- join me in growing and retaining at least 5 inches by next September.

Intelligence, I actually joined LHCF in December 2004 (same time as you). My hair grew beautifully, and then I had two setbacks. My first was in October 2004 (before I joined LHCF), and the hairdresser (someone I didn't know) didn't properly apply or neutralize my relaxer. It was improperly processed, neutralized and broke off. This summer I knew I was getting braids, so I decided not to relax before then. The last relaxer I had was in March 2005. I went to the hairdresser (my usual hairdresser), and when I got there, I had a huge, tangled knot of hair in the middle of my head. I had kept conditioner on my head the week before and went outside into the sun. She told me the sun touching conditioned hair can act like glue/sealant, and caused the breakage. Luckily, I have a great hairdresser, but I lost a whole lot of hair that day. She did the best she could, but I had major breakage in the middle.

I am currently in braids, and taking good care of them, so like you ladies, I am ready for a comeback!!!!! I will update you when I take my braids out in 3 weeks or so.

carameldiva

i went through some serious stress in july/ august and as a result i had some breakage in the rear on the left side along my stress line. Thanks to a lot of hard work- it is coming along nicely and since i have a nice full head of thick hair it is not noticeable unless i part my hair and show it to someone. I have stepped up and brung my A-game and my hair is loving it. I added some new things to my regimine such as using castor oil as a pre-shampoo treatment, adding liquid aloe vera to my conditioner that i use for my so-washes. I recently stared using a rosemary oil, sweet alomond oil and wheatgerm oil mixture at nite and jamaica black castor oil along with my shapley's m-t-g. I added glycerin/water(or liquid aloe vera) to my regimine as my daily moisturizer/leave-in. I deep condition weekly and started rotating garlic shampoo into my regimine as well. My hair is thriving and i'm sure that spot will catch up with the rest of my hair soon.