People with straight hair using curly products?

kittykhat

K. My hair isn't completely straight but it's more like waves. If I use curly products on my hair, would it revert back to natural? I am using Treseme Curly Hydration. It makes my hair feel sooo good. I also find that when I use curly conditioner (for cowashes), it moisturizes my hair more. So, is it okay if I use curly products on my almost straight hair? And on another note, would someone suggest a good product for flat ironing my hair with? I tried Garnier Sleek N Shine Leave in Creme, but it makes my hair feel gunky. Thanks guys. =^_^=

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Curly hair products, like products made for color-treated hair, are just more moisturizing. That's why straight haired gals use them :yep:

It's okay to use them. Moisturize your situation, girl! :D

kittykhat

Oh ok. Thanks girls. I've been lurking on this site for awhile and everyone on this site is just so helpful. Would someone recommend some products I can use on my hair to blowdry/flat iron it? The first day I blowdry/flat iron my hair it feels so lovely. But the second day, I just don't know what to put on my hair so it doesn't get dry. Any suggestions girls?

Thanks

tiffers

So do you want some heat protectant recommendations, or light moisurizers to use after you've flat ironed? I didn't quite understand the question :)

kittykhat

Oh. Sorry about that. I want some light moisturizers after I flat iron or blowdry my hair. One time, I used a moisturizer (Treseme Curl Hydration) after i blowdried my hair and it reverted. Lol. So, I'm in need of a product that won't revert my hair.

tiffers

Okay, gotcha ;)
Oyin Whipped Pudding, Shescentit Gillian or Seyani Butter (Gillian is better IMO) Keracare also makes a good one.... I think it's called Creme Press

kittykhat

Thanks a lot! :) Do they smell good though? Because I've tried some products that were good, but decided not to use them since they didn't smell real good. Lol.

tiffers

Girl, I'm the SAME way!!! :lachen:

Oyin whipped Pudding smells like chocolate

Seyani and Gillian Butter smell wonderful too. You can choose your own scent like "creamsicle" and "coconut lime verbena" :lick:

I've never tried KeraCare Creme Press, so I can't comment on that

glamazon386

Oh ok. So it won't make my hair curly?

Nope. A relaxer is permanent. The only way to get it out is to cut all your hair off down to the new growth.

ETA: About reverting, you can't use anything that has water in it. If water is in the first 5 ingredients, it will make your hair revert. I also had somebody on here suggest using 100% aloe vera gel for moisturizing. They said it wouldn't make your hair revert but it made my hair revert and I was pissed. And water was not listed on the ingredients. Maybe I used too much.

Last edited:

SimpleKomplexity

I thanked this post just because you actually posted a question!!! YAAAY I KNOW I NIKOS COUSIN!! Well now I know 2 of em! :yay: Welcome to the cult LHCF!!! lool :lachen: