PHYTO index 1 or 2

twin1

hi guys. I'm switching my relaxer to phyto and when I was purchasing it I realized that I didn't know which index to pick. I picked the index 1 because my hair is thin but coarse. did I pick the right one? I was afraid the index 2 would be the equivalent to a super relaxer. any thoughts from those who use this relaxer?

Yes, you picked the correct one. I've been using Phyto since 2000 and I'm so happy my stylist introduced it to me. I recommend it to anyone who will listen..:grin: :grin:

If your hair is thick, use Index 2. If your hair is fine and thin, use Index 1.

I wouldn't say that Index 2 is equivalent to a super relaxer because I could never use a super relaxer in my hair because it would break it off so fast. In addition, the super relaxer would burn me like hell. When I used Index 2, I kept it in for 25 minutes and never got a burn. Even though I kept in the relaxer for 25 minutes, my hair was straight but not super straight as how a regular super relaxer would get it straight in less time.

ivanay said:
If your hair is thick, use Index 2. If your hair is fine and thin, use Index 1.

I wouldn't say that Index 2 is equivalent to a super relaxer because I could never use a super relaxer in my hair because it would break it off so fast. In addition, the super relaxer would burn me like hell. When I used Index 2, I kept it in for 25 minutes and never got a burn. Even though I kept in the relaxer for 25 minutes, my hair was straight but not super straight as how a regular super relaxer would get it straight in less time.
I agree with what she said. I use index 2 because i have thick coarse 4B hair. Its nothing close to a SUPER though.

I used Index I. The first time I got Index II but it was a little too strong. So yes you picked the right one.

thank you ladies soo much. I knew I could count on the experts. I can't wait to get it done!!!!!!!!!

When I was going to get Phyto (but had a chickening out moment) I went to a salon that does the relaxer. The stylist told me that, in his opinion, Phyto II was a bit stronger than Affirm Regular, which I had to stop using only because it made my hair (which is fine and thin) too straight.

I'll be trying Phyto I next time and one member gave me some good advice, if you use Phyto I and it doesn't seem strong enough, you can always switch to Phyto II the next time for a straighter look. That's better than starting off with something too strong for your hair.

Back