Phyto Specific Poos, Cons, ect.

Hey :) I'd like to know this too. I've heard so many rave reviews on the relaxer that I started wondering if their other products were just as good.

I use the Revitalizing Treatment - it's a pre-poo treatment. I like the smell of it and it really helps keep my scalp from being dry in the winter

I have a Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask that is about 70% full if anyone would like to try it. I think it is great. $15.00. PM me.

I use the Phyto shampoos and conditioners - the scent of Phytospecific makes me sneeze.

For the Phytologie - phytojoba shampoo is a wonderful moisturizing one and the phytoneutre shampoo is the best - I love the clean, tingly feeling it gives. For conditioners, I use phytosesame moisturizing conditioners and the phytojoba express hair mask - I leave it on longer than recommend and often with heat to great effect. Phyto7 leave in is to die for - moisturizing, softening, detangling - this is the stuff.

I have tried the ultra dry hair line as well (it smells divine), but I like the dry hair line the best.

That did not really answer you question about Phytospecific, but I know many other ladies use the Phyto line.

JLove74 said:
I use the Revitalizing Treatment - it's a pre-poo treatment. I like the smell of it and it really helps keep my scalp from being dry in the winter

I ised this the same way and I loved it. I did NOT love the Phytospecific shampoo and neither did my mom. It was stripping. My mom has fine relaxed hair and I have thick natural 4-ish hair and we no likey. I'm sticking with Aveda.

I used the Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask, the poo and I believe the Vital Force. If I remember correctly, the vital force was in a jar and I liked it better than the mask. I really did not like the texture of the poo. It seemed runny and oily. I only purchased them once and never replaced them. Aveda Dr is a much better line imo. There was a leave in that was like water that I liked a lot, but I can't think of the name of it.

I tried the moisturizer- i reviewed it on my blog a while back. I ave samples of the Intense nutrition, I just cant seem to remember where I put them!

I have the Intense Nutrition Mask for Ultra-dry/coarse hair but haven't really used it (why, I'm too lazy to sit with heat!). My manager loves it though. Maybe I'll try it this weekend...

Wow!
I've been researching this line after my dermatologist recommended the Phyto 7 leave-in since my hair is DRY as the Sahara :eek:
Using heat daily is really setting me back, but I don't have a lot of options when it comes to being on-air everyday.

I'm seriously considering investing in this line after I'm done with all my Aveda DR.

Who has the best Phytospecific prices?

I used the Phyto conditioner (can't remember the name) but as a leave in and it was good - kept my hair moisturised- but the smell got to me after a while, I also used a shea butter styling creme and it was ok as well - but again the smell...

I tried the PhytoSpecific products on both relaxed and natural hair, and they did nothing whatsoever for me. I have 4B fine but dense hair, and the shampoos stripped my hair, the conditioners didn't penetrate even with heat, and the styling aids were either too light to moisturize or really heavy and greasy. The products I tried (as a regimen) were:

Revitalizing Oil Treatment
Intense Nutrition Shampoo
Intense Nutrition Mask
Moisturizing Styling Balm

Revitalizing Oil Treatment
Vital Force Shampoo
Vital Force Creme Bath
Beauty Styling Creme

I admit that knowing more now about proper hair care for my texture MIGHT make these products more effective, but for the price I'd pay, I'd only go back to PhytoSpecific if I was LOADED. I mean, seriously, those conditioner jars hold MAYBE 3-4 treatments, and at nearly $30 a jar, deep conditioning 2-3 times a week, I could take a Caribbean vacation every Christmas for what I'd spend on that mess! Not worth it, in my opinion... I've found products that are much more effective, much cheaper, and much easer to locate.

I used the Phytospecific Vital creme force shampoo & cond during the winter because I wanted the cones to protect my hair. I was hooked. My hair felt conditioned after the shampoo before the conditioner (I add oils to it to stretch it). My hair was very easy to comb, very few tangle or shed or broken hairs. I will continue to use these & they will probably remain staples.

However, now that it's warmed up, I've used the ultra dry hair poo & cond which works fine. Hair feels moisturized, not weighed down & detangles easily. I prefer the Vital Force shampoo though.

I started using these in France where they are a little easier to find. Also, for those who found the shampoos stripping, the water in France is hard so they could be compensating for that.

I gave my sample of the styling creme because it had mineral oil & I did not like the smell. I actually like the smell of the conditioners. (I use them w/heat).

For the other Phyto products - I like to use Phytobrush for when I heat style my hair & condition w/AO White Camelia. Then I use the Phyto 9 w/phytodefrissant & a little oil. This combination has been a hit.

I do like the Phyto ultrdry hair products as well- oil, Phytonectar & phyto karite & phyto 9.

Since phyto products are so expensive, I have started limiting their use to 1/month & have started experimenting w/dominican conditioners to see if I get comparable results.

JLove74 said:

I like this too. I use it as a protectant to coat my hair before a relaxer.

I've used quite a bit of products from the phytospecific line.

Nutrition Shampoo: This is was just a sample packet. It left my hair feeling really stripped and matted but most shampoos don't work for me. I can only use baking soda rinses, keracare detangling, and breakthru.

Nutrition Conditioner: Also a sample. It did not detangle my hair or add any moisture. I had to reshampoo and use Humecto.

Phytospecific Revitalizing Treatment: My stylist uses this on me everytime I go to the salon. She mixes 3-6 pumps of this into Phytospecific Milky Reconstructor mixed w/Phytokarrite Mask. I also use one pump to a portion of Humecto before I apply to my roots in sections to soften my new growth.

Phytospecific Milky Reconstructor: I get full sizes of this treatment from my stylist. I water it down w/glycerin and I mix it with the phytokarrite. The only difference when I do it at home is I shampoo again after I rinse this to make detangling easier for me.

Phytospecific Moisturizing Balm: This is kind of heavy for my fine hair as a moisturer. I have mixed a little in my palm with my Santa Fe Serum (horse hair product) and I apply to wet hair before I detangle my hair for a wet set.

Phytospecific Integral Spray: I use this as a setting lotion. I've since added about 2 caps of SAA and 3 caps of Panthenol Powder to it. I think it amped up the product somewhat.

I would suggest stepping out of the Phytospecific line and try some from the regular Phyto line. I like the Phytodensium shampoo and leave in serum. I added 2 caps of SAA and 3 caps of Panthenol Powder to the shampoo. I swear I could comb through my wet hair after and like 3 strands came out. My hair seemed stronger. The phytodensium serum applied to the scalp after washing makes your hair feel stronger too. I use it everytime I wash my hair.

Last edited:
Re: Phyto Specific Pros, Cons, etc.

I had the relaxer applied professionally for 2 years and my hair flourished, had to stop because of the cost. The smell of the products is weird, very chemically for natural products. I liked the vital force deep cond, & the shine serum spray. The pre-shampoo treatment was pointless.

If you have a Sephora in your area, they will make samples for you before you buy. They're too expensive to buy just to "try"

Back