Phytorelaxer after a lye texturizer?

ichephren

I don't know if anyone knows this, but can I use the phytorelaxer over a lye texturizer? My hair is already "texturized" with elucence gentle but it's so lightly texturized it ain't even funny. I'm thinking of relaxing fully later, but want to try the phyto. Is this at all a good idea?

NAY007

I think only you could decide on that. This actually depends a lot on if your hair is fragile or already damaged. Or is it healthy and strong?

Me personally, I never had a problem with applying a relaxer over another relaxer that didn't really take. I also overlap and never had a problem with that.

So this, imo, would depend on the individual.

KAddy

I too think it is up to you to make that decision. Here is some info straight from the PhytoSpecific website:

11. Can you use PhytoRelaxer over previously relaxed hair?
Yes, according to a "root application" or "touch up" procedural method. PhytoRelaxer is compatible with all relaxers -except thio based relaxers. Overlapping relaxers is not recommended when using PhytoRelaxer or any other relaxer.
It's not recommended to use PhytoRelaxer or non-thio relaxers (Sodium, Lithium, Potassium, Calcium Hydroxides) over hair previously treated with thio based products (Japanese or Thermal Reconditioning).

Allandra

I'm definitely considering this relaxer. It sounds really good. Besides ordering online from Hair Boutique, is there a place where I can go and purchase it?

KAddy

I called the phytospecific number and asked before and they gave me a couple of places that carry it (You wouldn't believe how many notes I have in my agenda book with PhytoSpecific Info :lol: ), but I don't remember if they just use it or sell and use it. :ohwell:

Anywho, here are the places:

Progression Salon in Rockville, MD (301) 231-8757
Hugo Salon in MD (I think it may be the Wheaton one) (301) 949-2330
Corbin Salon in Baltimore, MD (410) 662-8700

If all else fails you can call Phyto and they will give you places. 1-877-SPECIFIC

KAddy

foxybronx said:
How long does that little kit ($45.00 one) last if you have a lot of hair?
It's a regular box relaxer that you are SUPPOSED to be able to get 2 touch-ups out of. I say supposed to because I am not great with the measuring so I just mix the entire relaxer and toss the remainder. HOWEVER, since I am stretching my relaxers I don't feel that bad. I mean if I only use it every 12 weeks, so that's only 4 relaxers a year.

yvette

I must really be slow cause I have tried to call the number provided and can not get through. I have also tried to email the Phyto people but the email came back????

KAddy

yvette said:
I must really be slow cause I have tried to call the number provided and can not get through. I have also tried to email the Phyto people but the email came back????
I have tried the email a while back and it didn't work, but the number always works for me. I just tried the number and I got right through. :ohwell: