Phytorelaxer vs. Affirm Sensitive Scalp (No Lye)

MissMarie23

I ordered the Affirm No Lye from an ebay seller, and due to a mistake on her part (she ignored my order/payment for 3 weeks) she sent me two applications for the price of one.

On an impulse, I also ordered the Phytorelaxer. I'm concerned that there won't be enough relaxer in the container, but I want to try it after hearing all the rave reviews.

I'm not planning on relaxing for another month, but if I choose the Affirm I'll have to order the shampoo and conditioners that go with the system.

Has anyone used both of these relaxers? Any suggestions/recommendations?

:confused:

Nice

Affirm Sensitive Scalp contain calcium hydroxide which can cause a build up on your hair and dry it out. However, if you have used it in the past with no problems the by all means continue to use it! But I would go with Phyto.

MonaLisa

I used Affirm Sensitive Scalp prior to using Phyto and I prefer Phyto, now and forever more.

***And Mo is looking at KAddy....looking at Sengs....all these Phytho threads done sprung forth like a mutha. I don't even want to talk about the inflammatory Phyto headings again...***

MissMarie23

Thanks for the replys :)

I've never used the Affirm Sensitive Scalp, but I heard good things about it, which is why I wanted to try it.

I think I'm going to try the phyto, and if I don't get results I'll use the Affirm for the following relaxer.

If anyone has any more suggestions I'd be happy to hear them! :)

Nice said:
Affirm Sensitive Scalp contain calcium hydroxide which can cause a build up on your hair and dry it out. However, if you have used it in the past with no problems the by all means continue to use it! But I would go with Phyto.

KAddy

OK...

I too have used Affirm relaxers in the past. I had decent results for a while, then they didn't give me the desired look I wanted.

As many know I believe the PhytoRelaxer is the best relaxer on the market. I love it and think it is great at not only relaxing the hair, but maintaining the fullness of ones tresses leaving body and bounce.

Now here is what I heard just yesterday from a friend of mine who goes to a salon. This friend is one I told to try the PhtyoSpecific products and relaxer. Well, she tells me yesterday that her stylist also thinks that PhytoRelaxer is a great relaxer and is much better than Affirm. She (my friend) used to use Affirm too, but asked the stylist to change to the PhytoRelaxer. Now this stylist is not one out for the quick buck and only switched the relaxer because my friend ASKED HER TO. The pusha has no reason to lie and I am merely stating what I was told.

B

ballet_bun

I have used Affirm and Phyto in the past too. Of the 2, I was more pleased with phyto. I don't use phyto anymore, but "I" think it's better then Affirm.

L

lkg4healthyhair

I posted this on the wrong link :-(

Anyway....
I have been using Affirm sensative for years and I like it.....but....after hearing all these raves about Phyto I have to try it next time. :).

I WILL NOT put in my own relaxer (bad experience when I was 17) and I believe the salon charges $35 if I bring my own relaxer. So that's $95 per relaxer! I guess it still works out since I plan to get only 3 or 4 relaxers a year in stead of the usual 8 (every 6 weeks).

Question:

Are there two touchup applications in one box?

Would the application still be good if I saved it for 12-14 weeks until the next touch up?

Thanks

MissMarie23

KAddy said:
The pusha has no reason to lie and I am merely stating what I was told.

:lol: Thank you for your opinion. I never doubted your honesty, but thanks for the reassurance, lol.

I think I'm going to give the Phytorelaxer a shot!

ballet_bun said:
I have used Affirm and Phyto in the past too. Of the 2, I was more pleased with phyto. I don't use phyto anymore, but "I" think it's better then Affirm.

Thanks for the comparison. What relaxer do you use now? Why did you stop using the Phytorelaxer?

MissMarie23

lkg4healthyhair said:
Question:

Are there two touchup applications in one box?

Would the application still be good if I saved it for 12-14 weeks until the next touch up?

Thanks

The box says that there is enough relaxer for 2 touch ups or one virgin application. I have my doubts that there will be enough for two touch ups, at least for me.

From what I've read, it seems as if most people are using the whole box for touch ups (correct me if I'm wrong, please).

B

ballet_bun

Poetess232 said:
:lol:

Thanks for the comparison. What relaxer do you use now? Why did you stop using the Phytorelaxer?

I use Kids Organics(from Africa's Best) now mixed with AO conditioner. I also use a decalcifying neutralizer from another Africa's Best relaxer kit. And my hair is very happy with this so far.

I stopped using Phyto because I wasn't sure if I was impressed enough with the results to continue paying $45-60. Also, there was barely enough fro my touch-up ... I was really scrapping the jar. Since I am stretching out my relaxer longer now, I would need to buy 2 kits for 1 touch-up .... ehhhh ... NO :nono: . And ... there were other reasons too, intuitive :sleeping: :crystalba :) !

LoriLOCX

I've only used Affirm...and other brands. Of them, I like Affirm best. Never tried the Phyto, and I too, think I will after I use up my supply of Affirm. Does anyone know if the whole Phyto system works best together, or do you have recommendations of other conditioners and daily use products after?

senimoni

Are most "sensitive scalp" formulas "no lye", all this time I think I've been getting no lye relaxers if that is the case....

pink_flower

senimoni said:
Are most "sensitive scalp" formulas "no lye", all this time I think I've been getting no lye relaxers if that is the case....

Yes I think so. It took me a min. to figure that one out too :)

senimoni

That is too funny.....well not really funny considering how dry my hair is but wow, I've been against no lye relaxers, yet steadily getting them...WOW

cocoberry10

I currently get Affirm relaxers (I think mine has lye in it). I will be getting braids in a few weeks, but when I take them out, I may try phytorelaxers. Is phyto a no-lye relaxer? Those of you that have tried phyto after using Affirm, did you experience a lot of breakage? Please let me know. Thanks.

Cocoberry10

bluediamond0829

well Affirm was my first relaxer back in 94...but this was the first time since then going back to it...and i actually had problems with my hair being very dry...i mean it was to the point where i didnt think i applied it correctly or let it stay on long enough...so i conditioned it, hot oil treatments..and finally tried to relax it again..but with the same effects...i even tried to go back to my kiddie relaxer and still having the same issue...i never had a problem with the kiddie relaxers before causing dryness..and this may have been because of my hair being use to No-lye relaxers...because the Affirm is a lye relaxer....im not going back with any more relaxers because of the issues i have had with them...and if i do i will be going straight to a salon to get everything done...