Pibbs hair dryer dimensions different?

MadisonK

I called a Pibbs manufacturer and asked them what size the Pibbs hood was. He said the hood was 13" width and 7-8" in depth. I have a Hot Tools stand up dryer and the hood is 15" width! Is my Hot Tools bigger than Pibbs?!

I also called Imperial Sales (where I was gonna buy it) and the guy said that the Pibbs has the largest hood made.

So, for ladies who have a Pibbs is the hood larger than most? I can't even fit my head completely under my Hot Tools when I use certain rollers.

I want to be able to use the largest rollers possible and not have half my head hanging out the back.

Thanks!

BrEE

I dont think you'll be able to get anything larger then the gray 2 inch rollers under the pibbs unless your head is super small. I currently use 2 inch rollers and I'm just able to fit under there.

MadisonK

I dont think you'll be able to get anything larger then the gray 2 inch rollers under the pibbs unless your head is super small. I currently use 2 inch rollers and I'm just able to fit under there.

THANKS! I wonder why no one makes a dryer hood that is bigger. I don't get it. :nono:

LadyZ

I thought you could use the purple roller with the Pibbs... I may not get that brand if that is the case... IDK... I have to investigate before I spend that kind of money...:look:

neonbright

I use purple and grey under the pibbs dryer I have. There are alot here you use just grey only which is larger than the purple.

BrEE

I thought you could use the purple roller with the Pibbs... I may not get that brand if that is the case... IDK... I have to investigate before I spend that kind of money...:look:

the purple(1 3/4 inch) is smaller in size then the grey. I have NO problems using the purple under the pibbs. Even the gray isn't that much of a hassle. I just can't move around much under there. To make things a little easier I tie a large hair net over the grey rollers.

MadisonK

How does your hot tools work and how much was it? I'm ballin on a budget :look:

My hot tools was about $100. It's the Tourmaline Hot Tools stand up dryer. It's got the ION setting...i think this does make my hair dry silkier. The only thing is the hood size. I would pay $400 if i could find a dryer that has a super large hood! My hair is a couple of inches above my waist and I want to use the biggest rollers sometimes, but can't.

All this to say...if you have a tight budget...get the Hot Tools...it does a good job.

The guy at Imperial Sales told me to go into a salon and try the Pibbs dryer. I feel a little weird saying "hi, i just want to sit under your dryer for a moment...and can i use some of your rollers to do a test?!" :rolleyes: