Picture Profile

Islandgirl

How do you get a pic for your profile to work? Are there any directions. Well, i put a picture next to the url pic thingy, and when i hit submit, it says that it can't proceed, improper picture type. I have an 80 x 80 pic on picturetrail i was trying to put as my profil pic.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Hi Island girl.

The forum software accepts certain types of images. These are JPG, GIF and PNG. The way for it to check that you have the correct picture type is by the file extension. From your link I see you are using picturetrail. They are notoriously "clever" in not allowing other people to link other sites to pictures of their own. So what they do is change the image's extension so that boards like ours will not recognize it. As you will see your picture has a number extension, so you will not be able to link it to this forum.

Although the allowed picture types (JPG, GIF, PNG) are fully customizable, we do not want to introduce more, since this can cause security risks for the member's computers. Someone that can lurk in here, can sign up and put up a virus or a destructive script in a post as a link which might seem as a picture but in reality will harm your computer.

I would suggest to open an account in one of those free hosting sites and upload the picture there. This way you can cross link it as you please.

Nikos