Pimp my regimen!!

lovelymissyoli

I thought this would be kind of interesting to get an outsider’s eye on what I could add…or am missing from my ‘regimen’. I use that word loosely because I really don’t have a regimen per se, so I really need someone to “Pimp My Regimen”!! :yep:

Currently I wash anywhere from everyday (wash n’ go), to every other day (puff). When my hair is in twists, I only co-wash once a week or every other week. If I’m wearing a protective style such as twists then I make sure to spritz them daily with a mixture of water, EVOO, and Infusium 23. I simply spritz the twists and go, or also follow up with a creamy moisturizer or seal my ends with mango butter. I’ve decided recently to start baggying my ends at night if I plan to wear a puff.

As far as deep treatments and protein treatments, I do them as needed, or when I take down a protective style.

Am I doing enough? Is there someone out there who can help me “Pimp My Regimen?”

…now I’m not going to be selfish….I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who doesn’t have a regimen so if you need some help, please post your regimen for critiquing as well!

Lavendar

This is cute...love the concept! I would definitely be more consistent with the deep conditioning. Are you washing with shampoo or strictly co-washing? A moisturizing deep conditioner with heat should be used at the very least once per week, especially since you are texturizing.:yep:

CarLiTa

A moisturizing deep conditioner with heat should be used at the very least once per week, especially since you are texturizing.:yep:

ITA. That would be my advice as well. I failed to do that in 2007 and retained no growth. Don't do like me!:nono:

Can I post my regimen too???:spinning:

FEB. TO APRIL regimen:

-Pre-shampoo overnight or for 30 minutes with heat using cheapie or protein conditioner mixed with Ayurvedic or regular oils.

-Wash hair with Keracare Hydrating/Detangling shampoo
* Clarify when necessary
-Protein treatment for 10 minutes in the shower using Aphogee Keratin Treatment
-Conditioning treatment for 10 minutes in the shower using Keracare Humecto

-Place towel on head, but do not wring out
-Apply leave-ins: Rusk Smoother, CHI silk infusion, Hask placenta (depends)

-Rollerset using MCA method... AVOID AIRDRYING ALL THE TIME

-Every 6 weeks, STRONG protein treatment using Aphogee Damaged Hair treatment followed by Humecto deep conditioning treatment for 30 minutes.
*Dec. 26 (DONE)
*Feb. 9,
*March 16,
*May 4th,

-Every night: moisturize hair using small amount of hair moisturizer and wrap.

Vitamins: Multivitamin with Iron, Vitamin C, Flaxseed oil, MSM

nappity

This is cute...love the concept! I would definitely be more consistent with the deep conditioning. Are you washing with shampoo or strictly co-washing? A moisturizing deep conditioner with heat should be used at the very least once per week, especially since you are texturizing.:yep:

Lavendar - Is right on it!!!

Leslie_C

I agree with Lavendar...

I would say u need to add regular deep conditioning to your regimen. Also u probably need to clarify ever so often too bc Im sure u are getting buildup from cowashing often which can block out moisture eventually.

lovelymissyoli

Thanks for your input! I rarely use shampoo...maybe twice a month. Also, I don't own a hooded dryer, so any deep conditions that I do are overnight with a plastic cap/bag/saran wrap. I do believe however that I need to step them up. I just did my first hard press in over 3 years, and my ends would not look great with straightened hair!

Leslie_C

Thanks for your input! I rarely use shampoo...maybe twice a month. Also, I don't own a hooded dryer, so any deep conditions that I do are overnight with a plastic cap/bag/saran wrap. I do believe however that I need to step them up. I just did my first hard press in over 3 years, and my ends would not look great with straightened hair!

If u arent going to use a dryer I suggest using a hot towel over your shower cap for a while to steam the conditioner in. Heat really does make a difference, at least to me. My hair is looking and feeling its best ever since I started DCing with heat regularly.

lovelymissyoli

If u arent going to use a dryer I suggest using a hot towel over your shower cap for a while to steam the conditioner in. Heat really does make a difference, at least to me. My hair is looking and feeling its best ever since I started DCing with heat regularly.

I always thought a plastic cap overnight would generate enough heat? I guess not. Well, I plan to invest in a hooded dryer during '08 anyway, so I'll be sure to report back on any updates.

amwcah

ITA. That would be my advice as well. I failed to do that in 2007 and retained no growth. Don't do like me!:nono:

Can I post my regimen too???:spinning:

FEB. TO APRIL regimen:

-Pre-shampoo overnight or for 30 minutes with heat using cheapie or protein conditioner mixed with Ayurvedic or regular oils.

-Wash hair with Keracare Hydrating/Detangling shampoo
* Clarify when necessary
-Protein treatment for 10 minutes in the shower using Aphogee Keratin Treatment
-Conditioning treatment for 10 minutes in the shower using Keracare Humecto

-Place towel on head, but do not wring out
-Apply leave-ins: Rusk Smoother, CHI silk infusion, Hask placenta (depends)

-Rollerset using MCA method... AVOID AIRDRYING ALL THE TIME

-Every 6 weeks, STRONG protein treatment using Aphogee Damaged Hair treatment followed by Humecto deep conditioning treatment for 30 minutes.
*Dec. 26 (DONE)
*Feb. 9,
*March 16,
*May 4th,

-Every night: moisturize hair using small amount of hair moisturizer and wrap.

Vitamins: Multivitamin with Iron, Vitamin C, Flaxseed oil, MSM

Carlita~I would condition with heat. This could also be done on dry hair if you don't like going in and out of the shower like me.