PJism = NO REGIMEN

Mandy4610

So, I somewhat have a regimen....but, I have too many products that I want to use up, I have no idea how to use up my products and still stick to my regimen. Has anyone else experienced this?
I want to have a K.I.S.S approach to everything to do with my hair, which means..less products and simple straight forward regimen.
In order to achieve this approach, I need to know...What are the basics? What basic products do I need i.e shampoo, conditioner, protein, oil, relaxer etc. Please help me add anything else I may need (just basics). TIA

Kawaii1

Well what products do you already have?

As far as what you need, it depends on your goals and the status of your hair.

I'd say you need a natuarl shampoo if you are going to shampoo often. A good clarifying shampoo, a light and med-heavy protein, a good moisturizing conditioner, a good leave-in, a good water based moisturizer, a sealing oil, a wide tooth comb, heat protect serum(if you are using heat), and a silk scarf.

apemay1969

I'd say you need a natuarl shampoo if you are going to shampoo often. A good clarifying shampoo, a light and med-heavy protein, a good moisturizing conditioner, a good leave-in, a good water based moisturizer, a sealing oil, a wide tooth comb, heat protect serum(if you are using heat), and a silk scarf.

Sounds pretty simple, huh?
I can't just have one moisturizing conditioner, shoot, I have to line em up like canned goods in my linen closet.

Kawaii1

:lachen: yeah I have three but she wanted simple so I think if I had to I could get away with one. Naw, I need atleast two. My expensive one and my cheap one.

Mandy4610

At the moment I think I have everything I need and then some, what I wanna do is use it all up and then just purchase what I need. I already have things like wide tooth comb and scarf etc.

Jetblackhair

Do all of your products work for you? Or have you found that some don't? If they don't work for your hair then I wouldn't try to use them up or maybe you can combine some of the products to make them more effective.

Perhaps you can add some of your moisturizing conditioner to your heavy protein conditioner, creating a lighter protein conditioner.

You can use your conditioners for pre-poos, co-washing, or maybe add some water and your favorite oil to make a moisturizing spritz.

I think as long as your products work for your hair, you can still have a regimen with what you have on hand. :yep:

(shampoo, conditioner (protein & moisture), leave-in, moisturizer, oil, heat protector, clarifying poo) = basics

Last edited:

bravenewgirl87

You don't have to have a single product to have a good plan. Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes, you never stop looking for the perfect product. As long as you set guidlines with the type of products you want and what you need them for, you will be okay. My best advice is to invest in the best DC and clarifying shampoo.

Mandy4610

Thank you ladies. I think my biggest problem is that I have too much stuff and so I don't know what does what. This is why I want to try a few products at a time to see exactly what they are doing. Right now I just simply can not tell what is good for my hair and what is not.:ohwell::nono:

sareca

My regimen is broken down into categories:

reconstructor -- every 6 weeks or as needed
moisturizing conditioner --2-3X/wk
light protein conditioner --once/wk
moisturizer --daily
sealant --daily
heat protectant --as needed
ayurvedics -- once/wk

I have a variety of products I use for each category. My regimen isn't based on a product it's a method. :yep:

Last edited:

Artemis

Thank you ladies. I think my biggest problem is that I have too much stuff and so I don't know what does what. This is why I want to try a few products at a time to see exactly what they are doing. Right now I just simply can not tell what is good for my hair and what is not.:ohwell::nono:

Sounds like you just need to get more organized. Why not create an inventory list of sorts? List all of your products and put them into categories.

Shampoos
*Moisturizing
*Protein
*Clarifiying
etc...
Then do the same with conditioners (you can separate co-wash conditioners and deep conditioners if that helps you), leave-ins, oils, etc.

That way on wash day you'll know what you need, and can choose from that specific category and it won't be so daunting. It'll also help you become more motivated in using up your stuff.

Do a search for "PJ Challenge: Just USE it UP" :yep: More ideas in there...

HTH :spinning:

nappity

My regimen is broken down into categories:

reconstructor -- every 6 weeks or as needed
moisturizing conditioner --2-3X/wk
light protein conditioner --once/wk
moisturizer --daily
sealant --daily
heat protectant --as needed
ayurvedics -- once/wk

I have a variety of products I use for each category. My regimen isn't based on a product it's a method. :yep:

In total agreement and I justify my pjism by saying that I like to have options in all phases of my regimen. And I exercise those options frequently. :lick:

HoneyDew

Well I am a shampoo and conditioner PJ, but I do have a very solid regimen. But shampooing and conditioning is a pretty basic no-frills step so maybe that is why it does not effect me. I never change my other products (moisturizing and styling) so that part of my regimen never changes.

But, I will switch up my shampoo and conditioner just based on the mood I am or what I want my hair to smell like that day. It's fun for me. But, I don't feel that is has changed my regimen at all.

sareca

Well I am a shampoo and conditioner PJ, but I do have a very solid regimen. But shampooing and conditioning is a pretty basic no-frills step so maybe that is why it does not effect me. I never change my other products (moisturizing and styling) so that part of my regimen never changes.

But, I will switch up my shampoo and conditioner just based on the mood I am or what I want my hair to smell like that day. It's fun for me. But, I don't feel that is has changed my regimen at all.

:up: Yet another good point. It's fun! My PJisms don't cause me grief. :nono: It's actually one of the ways I enjoy my hair.

Mandy4610

Thank you ladies, I am being to think that I just need to get organized, so..I will start by taking inventory:grin: