Post 'Ayurvedic Regimen' Here

Missi

Hi ladies: i really want to know your regimen and products you use: even if you co-wash: i want to know to too:

1) Washing Regimen
(list regimen)
2) Any Co-washing
(list how and products)
3) Styling (ex: rollersetting, daily moisturizing)
(products and what you do)

JustKiya

1) Washing Regimen
At a minimum, I do this every two weeks - sometimes I'll do it weekly.
I wash with a rinse of shikakai/amla/fo-ti powder (it's premixed in a 1:2:1 ratio, and I use a tablespoon if I'm making one 'serving'). I'll make a tea in about 2-3 cups of boiling water, let steep til cool, pour it over my head, let it sit for 1-3 hrs, rinse out.

2) Any Co-washing
Urm, I don't really co-wash anymore. I mean, I'll DC, and give my scalp a good scritching while it's up there - but that's about as close to co-washing as I get now. *sigh*

Every night, I apply amla oil to my hairline.
There is a little amla oil in my 'pudding' that I use for my two strand twists.
I'm on the Mega-Tek kick right now, so I'm not doing the ayurvedic scalp massages like I was before....

HotRibena

1) Washing Regimen
1x week - prepoo with vatika or amla oil (one hr to overnight)
Oil rinse with shikakai oil
Rinse with powders shikakai, amla, aritha, bhringraj - 1:2:2:2 ratio (I pre make tea bags which I steep in about 32 oz. of hot water) - let it cool, then pour over head.
Follow with a moisturizing conditioner (no cones)
Giovanni Direct Leave in
seal with castor oil

2) Any Co-washing
1x week - not ayurvedic but with "natural moisturizing & protein conditioners"
Giovanni Direct leave in
Seal with castor oil

(3) Styling (ex: rollersetting, daily moisturizing)
Daily - Spray with moisturizing (my own concoction)
Seal with castor oil
1/2 wig during the week
Protective updo on the weekend

almondjoi85

Mine is super simple.

1) Washing Regimen
2:1 shikakai:amla made into a rinse not paste
every 4th week use the shikakai shampoo bar
2) Any Co-washing
co-wash with a cheapie conditioner....suave humectant or VS so sexy
DC with 10en 1 with jojoba oil premixed into the entire tub
currently on an airdrying kick (two strand twisted or just down)
Vatika oil
shea butter
coconut oil mixture
lacio lacio on dry hair
vs style creme on dry hair
leave in some type of style where it's up most likely a bun

Halimah

Question

This is a little off but not really, but could I wash my hair the first time w/the bar and then the second time w/a shampoo or is this pointless?

4mia

i make tea bags of amla, shik, and horsetail let steep overnight in 2 cups of hot water,
preoil with different oils the day before, the day of apply generous amounts of oil moisturizer on hair. pour mix, rinse, cowash with cheapie condish about 3x, cowash with a good moisturizing condish, detangle and pin up. get out of shower spray homemade moisturizer, and seal with homemade butter

4mia

Question

This is a little off but not really, but could I wash my hair the first time w/the bar and then the second time w/a shampoo or is this pointless?

pointless, you can wash 2x with the bar. or if you have powders try the baking soda plus amla powder foaming poo.

Missi

WOW very interesting: is there a site/blog on how to create these WONDERFUL sounding 'tea bags'?

ScandalousBeauty

Here's my trial regimen....

1. Pre-poo of Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Alma Oil.
2. Wash hair with Shikaki Bar
3. Rinse Hair with this concoction, let set for 30 mins-1 hour

1 tsp. Amla,
1 tsp.Aritha,
1 tsp.Neem
1 tsp. Shikaki
2 Cups Water

4.Apply DC
5.Rinse, Apply Water/Glycerine Spritz, And Coconut Oil
6.Airdry

I'm about to try it now....We will see!!!!!!!!

PassionFruit

tea rinses....

2 or 3 teaspoons of the Ayurvedic powder /Indian seeds/ herbs/leaves of your choice.... steep in a couple of cups with boiling water for a few minutes.... strain out the mucilage and pour the remaining tea ( once cooled) over your hair

I work nights... I make a weeks batch worth at a time & put into a spray bottle... when I get home I spray the tea on my hair until saturated.... cover with plastic cap, then put a scarf on top... go to sleep... a few hours later, I wake up, shower & co-wash my hair, moisturize, seal & style( usually twist/braid for twistout)...If im not too lazy, I pre-poo with mustard oil before I out the tea rinse on my hair

MissMasala5

Oil my hair well, usually overnight, prior to washing.
Wash with conditioners 2x per week, shikakai bar 1x per week*.
After every wash DC with cholesterol cream mixed with EVOO and fenugreek extract w/heat.
Rinse and cowash again.
Apply moisturizer**, seal with oil, and either air dry with a braid after cowashes or rollerset under Pibbs after shikakai washes.

*I switch out the bar for the powders every other wash. I make them into pastes with fenugreek tea.
**I now moisturize with Giovanni Direct Leave-In, and seal with HairVeda CoCasta oil or vatika oil.

PassionFruit

*note to self* try Giovanni for leave in with braids

Im on a 30 Ayurvedic challenge beginning tomorrow....

Fenugreek is my staple in all my rinses for now...I use powder, seeds and leaves depending on my mood & time to spare

Everyone local is out of Amla powder... I may have to wait until I go to NJ ( Indian Grocery store heaven is in Edison, NJ area) in 2 weeks to stock up

my plan is to use a rinse of Aritha or Heenara as a cleansing rinse 3 or 4 times a week and on the off days use a rinse of Fenugreek mixed with either Amla, Shikakai, Brahmi, Neem or a combo of these...

I will pre-poo everyday with either mustard oil or a rinse of Chili powder that I got from Indian Grocer

on todays trip to the Indian Grocer I bought 2 Shikakai bars for 99 cents each but Im gonna use em to clean my face for the next month or so & see whats up... I also bought boxes of Hesh Orange Peel powder and Hesh Lemon Peel powder.. will be mixing those in with rosewater for facials as well as mixing the powders into some of my tea rinses
Today I also bought Multani/Mati for the same purpose

KPH

House Head
? are you all making the powders into TEAS? or using them in a PASTE form?

What does the TEA rinse do?

I put a few powders in some conditioner last night and my hair fees wonderful. Between Ayruvedic and OCT I really think I'm on to something. Check this out. I had a thin spot in the top of my head, I apply by OCT on my scalp from the top of my head to the nape of my neck, LADIES, MY HAIR HAS THICKEN UP. I was also putting it on my edges, I have a beautiful hairline now, BUT since i was skipping the area from ear to ear, that stankyh hair is thin, now i got to put my OCT all over but the areas I concentrated on has great improvment.

PassionFruit

? are you all making the powders into TEAS? or using them in a PASTE form?

What does the TEA rinse do?

I put a few powders in some conditioner last night and my hair fees wonderful. Between Ayruvedic and OCT I really think I'm on to something. Check this out. I had a thin spot in the top of my head, I apply by OCT on my scalp from the top of my head to the nape of my neck, LADIES, MY HAIR HAS THICKEN UP. I was also putting it on my edges, I have a beautiful hairline now, BUT since i was skipping the area from ear to ear, that stankyh hair is thin, now i got to put my OCT all over but the areas I concentrated on has great improvment.

ya can make teas from the powders or from leaves..... once ya poured of the filtered liquid for the tea... whats left can be made into a paste ( add a lil oil and/or leave in conditioner)

Tamrin

unapologetic
1) Washing Regimen

Pre-poo with coconut oil or Vatika or Amla oil
Poo-Shikakai bar or Ariths powder mix, DC for 1 hour
2) Any Co-washing
Pre-poo with oil (same as poo)
Amla conditioner mix or Shikakai conditioner mix left on for 1 hour
Use HE LTR to detangle
I either use Salerm 21 or Salerm 21 B5 or HE LTR leave in. Seal with
coconut oil bun or do cornrows for braid out.

apinkdiva

Where did you purchase your fengugreek powder?
*note to self* try Giovanni for leave in with braids

Im on a 30 Ayurvedic challenge beginning tomorrow....

Fenugreek is my staple in all my rinses for now...I use powder, seeds and leaves depending on my mood & time to spare

Everyone local is out of Amla powder... I may have to wait until I go to NJ ( Indian Grocery store heaven is in Edison, NJ area) in 2 weeks to stock up

my plan is to use a rinse of Aritha or Heenara as a cleansing rinse 3 or 4 times a week and on the off days use a rinse of Fenugreek mixed with either Amla, Shikakai, Brahmi, Neem or a combo of these...

I will pre-poo everyday with either mustard oil or a rinse of Chili powder that I got from Indian Grocer

on todays trip to the Indian Grocer I bought 2 Shikakai bars for 99 cents each but Im gonna use em to clean my face for the next month or so & see whats up... I also bought boxes of Hesh Orange Peel powder and Hesh Lemon Peel powder.. will be mixing those in with rosewater for facials as well as mixing the powders into some of my tea rinses
Today I also bought Multani/Mati for the same purpose