Playing catch up

Sandy

Thanks to all of you who responded to my newbie thread with good info on t/u the hair. While there is so much good info on this board, I think impossible to try and read everything with out going cross-eyed.

My hair type is 4/b, and my length is right above my shoulders. I go to a Dominican salon by-weekly and sometimes do my own hair in between visits. I get a motions perm, and I hate to admit, not really sure what other products they use on my hair. I've only been going for 6 weeks.

Could you all briefly list what products you are using and what your daily/weekly regimes are:

BTW, when someone suggested using the curl activator for my new growth, is that to be used while my hair is wet, or daily.

Thanks!

skegeesmb

If you go to my webpage, I have a section that deals with the products I use. Under each caption I describe how I use the products. It's really long, so it's easier if you just click on my link at the bottom of my post to get there.

Paris Belle

I think I mentioned the curl activator and I believe that it is applied when dry and as needed. Which if that means every day then it is okay. But be careful not to get it too close to the scalp because it might irritate you...

Paris Belle

For a regime that fits you, you might have to experiment with products. Everyone doesn't like the same thing..

Maybe if you post what you do to your hair now (like do you deep condition, how often do you wash your hair etc.) that may help. I know you have mentioned that you go to the salon biweekly but what other things do you do.

I think the main thing is exercise, nutrition (healthy food and vitamins) and moisture. You really shouldn't go more than a week without washing your hair. Deep conditioners are a must (protein and moisturizing). And I think hot oil treatments are necessary (some would disagree), but you can always mix them in with a conditioner. Moisturizing the hair and especially the ends is a must. And oiling or greasing the scalp is also a must.

Try the search engine on the site for regimes and products.

For me, I am 3C.
I do roller sets, once a week. I use Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and Motions CPR and Moisturizing Conditioner (one every other week). Prewash treatment/hot oil treatment: honey and olive oil mixture. I also grease the scalp with Murray's Carrot oil grease and moisturize daily with Motions Ultra Moisturizer. Excellent multivitamin, healthy eating (lots of fruits and veggies), will be adding more exercise very soon.