Please give BEST RELAXER recommendations

Rapunzel2B

Tee,
Let me know what she says. I had been getting Affirm Sensitive Scalp relaxer for years and didn't know it was no-lye. I learned that here on the boards. I didn't care though because it worked so well on my hair. In November I went to a new stylist because I moved to another state. She used Affirm, but it was the lye relaxer. It was on 5 minutes and burned so bad she had to rinse it out. I was not a happy camper because I specifically asked several times for the no lye and she assured me she had it and was deceitful and used the lye because she didn't have lye and just wanted the business.:wallbash: Were you looking to get lye or no lye?

This is where I learned that Affirm Sensitive Scalp was no lye:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=3564317

Well it's wasn't the Sensitive Scalp relaxer then. She used Affirm lye on me. You gonna make me call her right now.:spinning:

JsBecca

Gym, you must be a cousin..LOL.....I use Mizani Mild (lye) also. I have been using it for the last year or so. When I go to the BSS, and ask for Mild the ladies behind the counter will look at my hair and start whispering "she know she need extra strong resistant strength".........them heffers, ...

I'm laughing at this because I get this too from the ladies behind the counter. I did a search for black manufacturers to buy my relaxer from and some of them don't even make a mild strength. :ohwell: