Please help me choose a style of weave

zzirvingj

I need a break from my hair SO bad guys.

I want to be able to work out and not worry about my hair so much; and I refuse to 'wet bun' daily for another month! I want to have something I can wear down when I go out and still look cute. I can't press my hair right now because it's way too hot and will just revert.

I was thinking a curly or wavy type of weave? I need:

1. Something that fits my face. I'm 5'1" so I can't go 'too' long...nor can I go too big. Here's a pic of me from just last weekend:
weave3.jpg

^I think I need something that covers a little bit of my face on the sides, or, alternatively, has a bang (side bang....can't do the blunt bang look)

2. Something that will last 4-6 weeks.

3. Something I can pull up or back, and also wear down.

4. Something that will require a minimum amount of work with blending my hair into the weave on a daily basis. Meaning, I'm shying away from the straight weave since I'm natural. I'd be willing to try it if there's any other BSL naturals who work out and have been okay with a straight weave with some of their natural hair out. I just don't wanna be leaving the gym with a straight weave and alot of reverted natural hair sticking out that has to then be straightened often in order to blend in.

Here's a look I ran across and liked:
weave1.jpg

^Is she a member here?? :drunk: I like the length and if I only have a little of my hair out, I think it would blend well with this style. It's not stick straight, and I could pull it back in a pony (I think). What are your thoughts??

I was considering kinky twist extensions but a friend of mine talked me out of it saying it wasn't 'me'...I was leaning towards a sew-in anyway but have a hard time finding a style I like.

Suggestions??? Feel free to post pics of styles you think would work for me! The last question I have is to the ladies who have BSL length and longer hair and have had sew ins....please do post your experiences (style you had, how long you kept it, any damage, any pics to share, etc.).

My biggest fear is that with my length of hair, with the weave, it'll be 'too much' and people will be able to tell I have a weave! :blush: Thoughts on this?

Hello,
The style that you posted above looks good and will prob work for you. I am not bsl. but I too am natural and need a break from my hair. Any hair with texture will do. When you work out I guess just wear it pulled back with some sort of band in the front to keep the edges smooth. I am sure you will find something. I know there are many here who can chime in with exact hair brands etc.

OP, I think you should go for something long and curly. Do you plan to cover all your hair? I would check out some kinky curly hair. Check out some of Ediese's threads. Her hair is about WSL and she still does weaves. Her texture is similar to yours.

OP, I think you should go for something long and curly. Do you plan to cover all your hair? I would check out some kinky curly hair. Check out some of Ediese's threads. Her hair is about WSL and she still does weaves. Her texture is similar to yours.

Longer than the example I posted? And curlier than hers? The pic I posted was more wavy than curly. Kinda scared of a really curly look cuz I'm not sure how it will look after washing. I will search for edieses threads....thanks

I am never good at picturing what hair would look good on someone without actually putting it on them. With your face, I think a lot of styles would look good on you. I was hoping one ofthose virtual hairstyle websites could help but not only didn't they have the sort of curly look I was looking for, the longer lengths looked like someone dropped a dirty mop on your head. :lol: And the shorter ones looked like a very ill animal died on your head. :rofl:

Anyway, out of boredom or mild frustration, I decided to have fun at your expense--pity they didn't have a helicopter do and the Susan Sarandon one I couldn't get to fit right. :lachen::lachen::lachen:But these aren't any better. Hate them all on you, but it was fun. :giggle:

Attachments

• Bwahahah.JPG
    Bwahahah.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 103
I think the one you posted is fine, since you can sweep it across your face with a side part for a change of style. I would go APL or BSL at most. Whatever your hair length is, not longer...but you also don't want to give yourself a lot of work getting a length that'll be tedious to manage.

I am never good at picturing what hair would look good on someone without actually putting it on them. With your face, I think a lot of styles would look good on you. I was hoping one ofthose virtual hairstyle websites could help but not only didn't they have the sort of curly look I was looking for, the longer lengths looked like someone dropped a dirty mop on your head. :lol: And the shorter ones looked like a very ill animal died on your head. :rofl:

Anyway, out of boredom or mild frustration, I decided to have fun at your expense--pity they didn't have a helicopter do and the Susan Sarandon one I couldn't get to fit right. :lachen::lachen::lachen:But these aren't any better. Hate them all on you, but it was fun. :giggle:

OMG Nonie,

I am eating my lunch at my desk today in a very quiet office and tears are forming in my eyes because I'm holding back the laughter!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Those pics are hilarious! I already knew I wouldn't look good with a shorter style but the pics are just confirmation LMAO :lachen::grin:

But thanks for the input; I appreciate you looking to try to find one of those sites that allows you to virtually try out hairstyles. I was just about to do that myself.

A friend of mine keeps saying I should get a tighter curl but I'm scared...

Sorry I forgot to answer your question: Yes, I want to cover as much of my hair as possible. I don't mind having a tiny bit out to blend in with the weave though.

Sorry I forgot to answer your question: Yes, I want to cover as much of my hair as possible. I don't mind having a tiny bit out to blend in with the weave though.

For this reason, I suggest you get something close to your texture. It can be a hassle trying to blend with humidity, working out, etc. This is why I rarely wear straight weave. Too much work. :nono: Have you taken a look over at BHM? There's a wealth of weave info over there.

For this reason, I suggest you get something close to your texture. It can be a hassle trying to blend with humidity, working out, etc. This is why I rarely wear straight weave. Too much work. :nono: Have you taken a look over at BHM? There's a wealth of weave info over there.

Oh yes, BHM. I've heard they have the best advice on weaving. And glamazon386 :poke: You know you wrong for not sharing examples of your non-straight weaves :poke: It might give @zzirvingj more ideas.

*Nonie tries to be very patient with Glamazon...tapping foot on the ground trying hard to look pleased with Glam*

Oh yes, BHM. I've heard they have the best advice on weaving. And glamazon386 :poke: You know you wrong for not sharing examples of your non-straight weaves :poke: It might give @zzirvingj more ideas.

*Nonie tries to be very patient with Glamazon...tapping foot on the ground trying hard to look pleased with Glam*

I feel funny about posting pics of other people's weave (without their permission) in an open forum for anybody and everybody to see. It's like the equivalent of outing somebody. Personally I'd find it odd if somebody googled weave and my face popped up. Everybody don't need to know my business, if you know what I mean.

And I think that's how some of those women over there may feel. Some of the weave ladies are not into growing their hair long and healthy hair care they just wear tight weaves. I actually started out at BHM before I came over here. That's where I learned to install my own weaves.

I'm not posting people's personal pictures over here because I wouldn't want someone to do it to me. Especially given the fact that most of the pictures are people's personal photos. Sometimes that's the only way you'll be able to see what the hair really looks like before you decide to order. It's not like they're stock photos from weave manufacturers.

Many of the women at BHM remove their pics after a few days or shield their faces for that reason. They don't want them posted elsewhere. That's why I suggested OP go over there. There aren't many open weave wearers who post pictures here. And from the looks of it, there aren't many who are into higher end hair either. OP would definitely find what she is looking for at BHM. They have two whole forums dedicated to just weaves.

I feel funny about posting pics of other people's weave (without their permission) in an open forum for anybody and everybody to see. It's like the equivalent of outing somebody. Personally I'd find it odd if somebody googled weave and my face popped up. Everybody don't need to know my business, if you know what I mean.

And I think that's how some of those women over there may feel. Some of the weave ladies are not into growing their hair long and healthy hair care they just wear tight weaves. I actually started out at BHM before I came over here. That's where I learned to install my own weaves.

I'm not posting people's personal pictures over here because I wouldn't want someone to do it to me. Especially given the fact that most of the pictures are people's personal photos. Sometimes that's the only way you'll be able to see what the hair really looks like before you decide to order. It's not like they're stock photos from weave manufacturers.

Many of the women at BHM remove their pics after a few days or shield their faces for that reason. They don't want them posted elsewhere. That's why I suggested OP go over there. There aren't many open weave wearers who post pictures here. And from the looks of it, there aren't many who are into higher end hair either. OP would definitely find what she is looking for at BHM. They have two whole forums dedicated to just weaves.

I don't want you posting other people's photos. I want yours. You wrote:

Erhmm...@glamazon386, I never asked you to post other people's photos. From your own statement (in bold), I deciphered that you wear non-straight weaves. So it is your photos I'm interested in seeing. :yep: Not anyone else's. Quit playin'.

This is what I posted:

Oh yes, BHM. I've heard they have the best advice on weaving. And @glamazon386 :poke: You know you wrong for not sharing examples of your non-straight weaves :poke: It might give @zzirvingj more ideas.

TIA.

Last edited:
I don't want you posting other people's photos. I want yours. You wrote:

Erhmm...@glamazon386, I never asked you to post other people's photos. From your own statement (in bold), I deciphered that you wear non-straight weaves. So it is your photos I'm interested in seeing. :yep: Not anyone else's. Quit playin'.

This is what I posted:

TIA.

Nonie, I'm not in the habit of posting pictures of my face in the hair forum saying "Ooh look at my weave". The hair forum is open to the public. You don't need a membership to view it and anything posted will pop up in google. I've had people PM me about my pictures popping up in google before. That's why I don't post pictures of my face in my signature anymore. I'm not going through the trouble of digging up pictures, blurring out my face, etc. I have PMed pictures to a few people in the past who PMed me and asked but that's to the extent of it.

Ediese has multiple detailed threads floating around here with pictures of her kinky curly weaves. She is the queen, IMO. OP said she was going to look them up. IIRC Nichi also has multiple threads floating around here but I think they were straight hair. I don't recall her wearing kinky curly.

Also, I pretty much stick to the same style. Like for instance that wavy texture OP posted, I've never tried anything like that. All I'm saying is if OP is interested in seeing different styles she should go over there. She can see everything from the straightest of the straight to the kinkiest of the kinkiest. With positive and negative reviews about hair, vendors, install techniques, prices, etc. They have threads devoted to one texture, one company, etc. with nothing but pages and pages of pictures.

Last edited:
Nonie, I'm not in the habit of posting pictures of my face in the hair forum saying "Ooh look at my weave". The hair forum is open to the public. You don't need a membership to view it and anything posted will pop up in google. I've had people PM me about my pictures popping up in google before. That's why I don't post pictures of my face in my signature anymore. I'm not going through the trouble of digging up pictures, blurring out my face, etc. I have PMed pictures to a few people in the past who PMed me and asked but that's to the extent of it.

Ediese has multiple detailed threads floating around here with pictures of her kinky curly weaves. She is the queen, IMO. OP said she was going to look them up. IIRC Nichi also has multiple threads floating around here but I think they were straight hair. I don't recall her wearing kinky curly.

Also, I pretty much stick to the same style. Like for instance that wavy texture OP posted, I've never tried anything like that. All I'm saying is if OP is interested in seeing different styles she should go over there. She can see everything from the straightest of the straight to the kinkiest of the kinkiest. With positive and negative reviews about hair, vendors, install techniques, prices, etc. They have threads devoted to one texture, one company, etc. with nothing but pages and pages of pictures.

glamazon386 I never post photos of my face either...but I still can share hairdos that can help others, and always do. Besides seeing your face would not really help zzirvingj, so I wasn't asking you to post your face.

When people ask me for styles that I have done, I share them with my face covered. That's all I'm asking of you. What's more, even just sharing what the weaves you use look like--like where you got it from--may be all we need to see, since most sites have models wearing the styles they're selling.

I was just interested in seeing what styles you wear. If it was like one that Ediese wears, then I'll look at that. I just see your hair in your siggy and was trying to see how you wear your weave and how you blend it in or what styles you wear with it. That's all. Didn't mean to turn this into a teeth pulling affair or make you feel uncomfortable. My bad.

glamazon386 I never post photos of my face either...but I still can share hairdos that can help others, and always do. Besides seeing your face would not really help zzirvingj, so I wasn't asking you to post your face.

When people ask me for styles that I have done, I share them with my face covered. That's all I'm asking of you. What's more, even just sharing what the weaves you use look like--like where you got it from--may be all we need to see, since most sites have models wearing the styles they're selling.

I was just interested in seeing what styles you wear. If it was like one that Ediese wears, then I'll look at that. I just see your hair in your siggy and was trying to see how you wear your weave and how you blend it in or what styles you wear with it. That's all. Didn't mean to turn this into a teeth pulling affair or make you feel uncomfortable. My bad.

That's my point. Higher end vendors DO NOT do this, hence people posting their personal pictures. They typically do not have pictures of their hair installed on a model on their website. They may show a picture of the actual hair on a track but that's it. The hair will look different installed and even more different after it is washed and styled. That's why people post pictures of their actual installs. That's why people scour places like BHM for pictures and do their research before purchasing from these vendors.

And if OP wants her hair to last through repeated washings for the rest of the summer, more than likely she's going to have to order from a vendor online. BSS hair is not going to cut it. Unless you want to go with BoBraz which can be a bear. And the stock photo of that hair is horrible and does it no justice.

That's my point. Higher end vendors DO NOT do this, hence people posting their personal pictures. They typically do not have pictures of their hair installed on a model on their website. They may show a picture of the actual hair on a track but that's it. The hair will look different installed and even more different after it is washed and styled. That's why people post pictures of their actual installs. That's why people scour places like BHM for pictures and do their research before purchasing from these vendors.

And if OP wants her hair to last through repeated washings for the rest of the summer, more than likely she's going to have to order from a vendor online. BSS hair is not going to cut it. Unless you want to go with BoBraz which can be a bear. And the stock photo of that hair is horrible and does it no justice.

glamazon386 Girl, why didn't you just say that your weave pics were in your album. :perplexed All this back and forth when you could've just satiated my curiosity with that info. :spank: Talk about beating about the bush. :confused:

Been in your album looking at your curly weave pics. I see in the ones where you say your hair was left out, you also say you had a hard time blending. I was hoping you could direct me to the one where the blending worked for you with your hair texture.

I do love your full weaves. :up: The Glance Model Model Diva Flow is my favorite curl pattern and style on you. I prefer dark hair to blonde but I love how that looks on you. :up:

Personally if I were to get a weave, I'd get a full weave. @zzirvingj, I just don't believe in "neglecting" any part of my hair, which is what leaving hair out would feel like. Ends all exposed to the elements while the rest of my hair gets pampering. If you look at the image I refer to in the last paragraph Photo #18, her hair wasn't left out, but she's able to have some hair cover her face and rock a beautiful do.

Last edited:
glamazon386 Girl, why didn't you just say that your weave pics were in your album. :perplexed All this back and forth when you could've just satiated my curiosity with that info. :spank: Talk about beating about the bush. :confused:

Been in your album looking at your curly weave pics. I see in the ones where you say your hair was left out, you also say you had a hard time blending. I was hoping you could direct me to the one where the blending worked for you with your hair texture.

I do love your full weaves. :up: The Glance Model Model Diva Flow is my favorite curl pattern and style on you. I prefer dark hair to blonde but I love how that looks on you. :up:

Personally if I were to get a weave, I'd get a full weave. @zzirvingj, I just don't believe in "neglecting" any part of my hair, which is what leaving hair out would feel like. Ends all exposed to the elements while the rest of my hair gets pampering. If you look at the image I refer to in the last paragraph Photo #18, her hair wasn't left out, but she's able to have some hair cover her face and rock a beautiful do.

Nonie, many of those styles are old and are from 5+ years ago when I was in college. I wasn't even natural in some of those photos. I haven't updated my fotki in well over a year. I wouldn't be caught dead now in much of that hair in there. Many of them were cheap BSS hair. I wouldn't even suggest them to OP because they're not going to hold up. The way I blend my hair now, when I do blend it is not the way I blended it back then. I didn't have much hair to blend and in many instances it didn't work out once I left the house. I wore a lot of scarves and head bands. There was a lot of trial and error going on.

Also a lot of the types of hair and techniques that are out now, were not out back then. Or they weren't mainstream. All these high end vendors didn't exist online back then. I think I joined BHM in 2005? I've moved on to bigger and better things thanks to hair boards. Now that I know better, I'm not going outside with an obvious looking weave. I need my ish to be tight. I want people to think oh she has pretty hair not that's a nice weave, if you get my gist. And I think that's the look that OP is going for. With all that gorgeous hair she has, I doubt she wants an obvious BSS looking weave.

Last edited:

Lord. Go to the corner.

I was wondering about that! I kept reading about BoBraz over on BHM, but the stock pic and the personal installs are like night and day. I was confused!

zzirvingj I do agree that you should check out BHM. I was directed over there and there is soooo much on weaves that a few mentions here and there won't do it justice in this thread.

I was wondering about that! I kept reading about BoBraz over on BHM, but the stock pic and the personal installs are like night and day. I was confused!

It looks different once it's washed. It also looks different depending if you use product, if you comb it, if you brush it, etc. It's also rumored that there is fake BoBraz whose texture is different. I've worn it off and on since 2007. I usually can't put up with it for more than a month. It sheds like cat hair. It tangles like nobody's business because the shed hair gets caught up in it. It gets dry and matty. You have to keep rewetting it. I read a post over at BHM about somebody sealing it with Crisco before. Some people do braid outs or twist outs on it instead of cowashing it.

It requires a lot of work and maintenance to keep it looking good. I'll buy it in a pinch if I need my hair done and can't wait for hair to be shipped to me. There's a store near my house that sells it. But I wouldn't suggest it for long term wear. The tracks will probably be bald by the time you get ready to take it out. I've never been able to reuse it. And I certainly wouldn't suggest it for a first time weave wearer. It will drive you nuts. It's more work than my natural hair and the point of a weave to take a break right? It's pretty hair but people need to know what the deal is up front. It can be a beast if you don't figure out a routine for it. When I wear it, the majority of the time it's a bun. I wear it down the first day it's freshly washed and styled and after a day or two that's it. I don't feel like going through the whole process over so I'll wear it in a bun the rest of the week.

Nonie, many of those styles are old and are from 5+ years ago when I was in college. I wasn't even natural in some of those photos. I haven't updated my fotki in well over a year. I wouldn't be caught dead now in much of that hair in there. I wouldn't even suggest them to OP because they're not going to hold up. The way I blend my hair now, when I do blend it is not the way I blended it back then. I didn't have much hair to blend and in many instances it didn't work out once I left the house. I wore a lot of scarves and head bands. There was a lot of trial and error going on. I've moved on to bigger and better things thanks to hair boards. Now that I know better, I'm not going outside with an obvious looking weave. I need my ish to be tight. I want people to think oh she has pretty hair not that's a nice weave, if you get my gist. And I think that's the look that OP is going for. With all that gorgeous hair she has, I doubt she wants an obvious BSS looking weave.

OK, @glamazon386 I guess I'll just take your word for it.

Wait, I just saw your latest album with weave images...and I see what you are talking about. I still vote for the no-leave-out weaves and the Diva Flow look is still my favortie look on you. I am not a fan of hair off the face so while you may like the blending you do now, I prefer the full weave look with hair on the face...and all hair getting protected underneath.

For those who missed the image I was saying was most flattering on her, she had the weave below , and it was shorter and teased a bit so that it looked kinda like Rachel True's hair so that it didn't look so coily and fake but more realistic. Her shape wasn't like Rachel's either but it was cut in a way I thought suited her face. I'm not a weave pro but I love that look on her. Here's the weave hair:
DivaFlow_M.jpg

I'm mad she can't post it and that it's gone coz I think she looked very nice. Boo, Glam!

im not even close to bsl lol but here is three different types of weave
Im 5'2
1st one- some kinky curly I ordered off-line mind you this is a twist out I think and its not to curly when just washed n go because the bottom layer(22in i think it was) was more wavy curly than kinky so for the most part I just did twist outs.
WP_000282.jpg

WP_000294.jpg

2nd one-some kinky curly perfect match for 4a best Ive ever bought
WP_000211.jpg

WP_000249.jpg

3rd-bobraz
45834_496751741039_779531039_7104111_2527836_n.jpg

untitled-5.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

I also have some aamh but like glamzon386 said bhm would be your best bet they have a wealth of knowledge over there and so much weave xxx

OK, glamazon386 I guess I'll just take your word for it.

Wait, I just saw your latest album with weave images...and I see what you are talking about. I still vote for the no-leave-out weaves and the Diva Flow look is still my favortie look on you. I am not a fan of hair off the face so while you may like the blending you do now, I prefer the full weave look with hair on the face...and all hair getting protected underneath.

For those who missed the image I was saying was most flattering on her, she had the weave below , and it was shorter and teased a bit so that it looked kinda like Rachel True's hair so that it didn't look so coily and fake but more realistic. I'm not a weave pro but I love that look on her. Here's the weave hair:
DivaFlow_M.jpg

Glam's weave also had a shape that was very flattering to her face. I'm mad she can't post it.

Since I can no longer access that weave

Nonie, this looks a hot synthetic hair mess. And the picture you were referring to, again was $9.99 synthetic hair. It does not hold up to washing. I wore it for like 2 weeks. I installed it for a photo shoot and then promptly took it out because it went to hell once I washed it. I would never buy that hair again. There was another style in there that was done by a stylist for a hair magazine. Again, right after the shoot it was taken out. The hair was synthetic and matted and tangled terrible. I didn't have to pay for that style though.

The other thing you have to think about it is, inexpensive hair looks good when it's first installed but the first wash is the true test. After the first wash, many times it won't hold up and if that's the case you cannot wear it for the long term. OP has already said she needs it to last at least 4-6 weeks. I can see using cheap hair if you need a quick do but not for long term.

More importantly, if you're going to pay a stylist in the triple digits to install hair, you better get some decent hair. Many stylists won't even work with cheap hair. Mine won't. He specifically told me to get good hair. Another stylist I went to last summer offered to order and prewash hair for me. She uses Extensions Plus hair on her clients.

Nonie, you clearly know nothing about weaves. Please let OP go talk to the experts at BHM. We can't have her walking around looking crazy. She has already expressed that she wants something natural looking that will last at least 4-6 weeks and will blend easily with her hair. She's going to have to venture into higher end hair to do that. Nothing on clairhair or hairsisters is going to help her.

Last edited:
Nonie, this looks a hot synthetic hair mess. And the picture you were referring to, again was $9.99 synthetic hair. It does not hold up to washing. I wore it for like 2 weeks. I installed it for a photo shoot and then promptly took it out because it went to hell once I washed it. I would never buy that hair again. There was another style in there that was done by a stylist for a hair magazine. Again, right after the shoot it was taken out. The hair was synthetic and matted and tangled terrible. I didn't have to pay for that style though.

The other thing you have to think about it is, inexpensive hair looks good when it's first installed but the first wash is the true test. After the first wash, many times it won't hold up and if that's the case you cannot wear it for the long term. OP has already said she needs it to last 4-6 weeks. I can see using cheap hair if you need a quick do but not for long term. More importantly, if you're going to pay a stylist in the triple digits to install hair, you better get some decent hair. Many stylists won't even work with cheap hair. Mine won't. He specifically told me to get good hair. Another stylist I went to last summer offered to order and prewash hair for me. She uses Extensions Plus hair on her clients.

glamazon386 I think we're having a communication breakdown. I think everyone who's been on forums for a spell or interested in hair can tell that you get what you pay for, so of course the cheaper the hair the more fake it looks.

I also said that in your photo you teased that weave a bit so it didn't look so fake--so I do agree in that model pic it looks fake. If you let me, I can post your image here (your face cut off) so folks can see that it doesn't look anything like in that model's pic. It reminded me of Rache True's REAL hair...and that's realistic hair. Those ringlets in the model I posted don't look real at all. The way you wore it made it look more realistic. And if there's real hair that look like your weave--real, as in Creator-designed--then I'm sure there's high quality end hair made to mimic that and which would not get the thumbs down you're giving this hair.

So while you're focused on quality, I'm more focused on what look flatters, since that's what OP was asking--not what type of hair to get, but what would look good on her--so while looking at your photos, I looked for what looks good on YOU (to me anyway) and suits your face...and then I can worry about quality after that. After all, what's the point of finding wonderful hair if it's not suited to the face in question, yanno?

The way you wore that weave reminds me a lot of your siggy pic--which is a very becoming look on you. (Perhaps that's why I prefer it on you.) I'm not very fond of you having your hair back. Just my personal choice--but it could just be the bias of me loving some hair on the face.

Nonie, you clearly know nothing about weaves. Please let OP go talk to the experts at BHM. We can't have her walking around looking crazy. She has already expressed that she wants something natural looking that will last at least 4-6 weeks and will blend easily with her hair. She's going to have to venture into higher end hair to do that. Nothing on clairhair or hairsisters is going to help her.

I may not know about weaves but I have worked with fake hair and I have worn fake hair not braided to the ends (invisible braids) and had it look good until a wash when I ended up with a mop of matted locs. So I'm not completely wet behind the ears when it comes to know how different quality hair behaves. I also would never recommend anyone buy cheap hair to wear for a long spell. Heck I spend over $100 a pack for my own braiding hair! So trust, I believe in paying for quality.

So as I've been saying all along, my contribution or participation has not been to recommend a hair brand (which would imply quality) to OP but rather to help @zzirvingj decide what weave style would suit her (which is what she asked). For that I think I can have some helpful input. I'd never presume to know what weaving hair to buy. For such specifics, I'd go to BHM but for style, even my hubby, who's not a hair forum nut, can give some input there. :lol:

Nonie, I understand what you're saying but you also have to realize that with weave, the type of hair installed pretty much is the style. The texture you buy will dictate how it falls, how you will style it, etc. The way it's braided and installed will also dictate where it falls - with a part, over the face, leave out or no leave out, closure pieces, frontals, etc. The type of hair you buy will also dictate how you will care for it and what products and techiniques you can use.

For instance, it's not recommended that you straighten some of the curly textures because it can ruin the hair. If OP wanted to go back and forth and not be locked into a curly style this is also something she would need to consider. If she wants a shorter style bc it's hot, she might want to go for a looser curl so it doesn't look like an afro, etc. Wavy hair tends not to look good cut short. It does the triangle thing. If she wants a full head weave, it will have to have some type of bang to cover the front and it has to be closed up some type of way on top. Some textures don't look good with a bang, etc. Some people don't like closures. Some people think they look wiggy. What if they don't make a closure for the texture she chooses? And I could go on.

Do you see where I'm going with all this? So I'm saying all this to say, you have to think about the brand and type of hair from jump when you are choosing a weave style. It's not like with your regular hair where you can put it in any style you choose. It's a lot more than looking at a picture and saying I want that style.

Last edited:
Back