Please help me figure this out!!!

Before anyone screams clarifying, I've clarified 2 weeks ago, so I don't think it's a problem.
All of the high quality deep conditions I try leave my hair un-moisturized and does not give any slip. When I deep condition I usually have to follow up with Suave Humectress and then all the tangles slip out and then my hair truly feels moisturized
The ones I have tried are:
Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Keracare Humecto
Nacidit Olive Oil Deep Conditioner
Mizani Hydrafuse
Mizani Moisturefuse
Elasta QP DPR 11
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Humectin
and countless others...

I'm seriously about to try some Aveda

Can anyone give me a conditioner comparable to Suave Humectress?

SunySydeofLyfe

Before anyone screams clarifying, I've clarified 2 weeks ago, so I don't think it's a problem.
All of the high quality deep conditions I try leave my hair un-moisturized and does not give any slip. When I deep condition I usually have to follow up with Suave Humectress and then all the tangles slip out and then my hair truly feels moisturized
The ones I have tried are:
Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Keracare Humecto
Nacidit Olive Oil Deep Conditioner
Mizani Hydrafuse
Mizani Moisturefuse
Elasta QP DPR 11
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Humectin
and countless others...

I'm seriously about to try some Aveda

Can anyone give me a conditioner comparable to Suave Humectress?

I thought I was the only one! :nono: None of the 'better' quality brands do anything but upset my hair....:ohwell:....I keep trying them only to have to either use the Suave or Cholesterol....Anybody.....

Ms Lala

I've been disappointed w/all of the high end products I've tried. I like Elasta QP products though, but I don't consider them high end.
My hair loves cholesterol for slip and Silk Elements moisturizing treatment from sally's (not the regular conditioner). Sometimes I add some amla oil to them to make my hair extra soft.

Last edited:

JustKiya

Have you tried Elasta QP Intense Fortifying conditioner? I don't consider it high end, but it's super thick, and I love it.

Also - do all of your other con's have mineral oil in them?

shtow

I had this problem before. I thought my Kenra wasn't all that but I realized I was using it too long. I would DC for 45-60 minutes on 55-60 degrees. I later only DCed for 20 minutes and saw a HUGE difference. If you are DCing too long its almost like your hair is drinking up the DC. It is absorbed in your strands, so it doesn't appear moisturized on the outside, although it usually is. This may not be the case for u but it was for me.

Songbirdb

The best condish I've ever tried was the ORS Replenishing Pack. You can get a sample package for $1.29 at CVS or the BSS. That way you can try it without feeling guilty about buying another product to add to the list. It is highly moisturizing and alot of the girls on the fourm suggested it to me. I used to think my hair was in good condition before, but after I realized how much better is could be with ORS, I was sooo amazing. This has some great ingredients in it and its everything you could ever want in a DC. Your hair instantly feels revitalized when slapping it on to your hair. Just try it if you can and see if it helps. I can't stop raving about this stuff. DC with heat for the time on the package, I'm sure you'll like the results of how it makes your hair feel.

AsTheCurlzTurns

The best condish I've ever tried was the ORS Replenishing Pack. You can get a sample package for $1.29 at CVS or the BSS. That way you can try it without feeling guilty about buying another product to add to the list. It is highly moisturizing and alot of the girls on the fourm suggested it to me. I used to think my hair was in good condition before, but after I realized how much better is could be with ORS, I was sooo amazing. This has some great ingredients in it and its everything you could ever want in a DC. Your hair instantly feels revitalized when slapping it on to your hair. Just try it if you can and see if it helps. I can't stop raving about this stuff. DC with heat for the time on the package, I'm sure you'll like the results of how it makes your hair feel.

I second this!!! It's definitely some great stuff!!! I did a DC on my hair this morning and as of right now, it's still very moisturizing. I'm on the hunt for a bottle of it instead of having to keep buying the lil paks LOL.

MissMusic

I third ORS Replinishing Conditioner. I started with the packs and then moved on to the bottles (which last a seriously long times).

DivaRox

And yet one more recommendtion to try the ORS pak. I get them for a dollar at Kroger by the handful. I have had the bottle but my dd's are as heavy handed with product as I am so it's easier to hand them a packet and not wonder wth happened to the bottle in a two week period.:drunk:

tinkat

And yet one more recommendtion to try the ORS pak. I get them for a dollar at Kroger by the handful. I have had the bottle but my dd's are as heavy handed with product as I am so it's easier to hand them a packet and not wonder wth happened to the bottle in a two week period.:drunk:

Girl, I went to Kroger this past week and stumbled upon them..Ive never used ORS pak before but I know everyone was talking about them...I was tempted to grab all of them but just took 2. They then dropped them down to 75 cent but they were gone!

HoneyDew

I had this problem before. I thought my Kenra wasn't all that but I realized I was using it too long. I would DC for 45-60 minutes on 55-60 degrees. I later only DCed for 20 minutes and saw a HUGE difference. If you are DCing too long its almost like your hair is drinking up the DC. It is absorbed in your strands, so it doesn't appear moisturized on the outside, although it usually is. This may not be the case for u but it was for me.

I agree. Many of my conditioners just don;t work if I leave them in too long. I did the same. Tried one for less time and it was great! Actually I have had this experience with several conditioners.