please critique my regimen

SCarolinaGirl

To give you some background... I've never taken good care of my hair (I've always have sew-ins or wore wigs but did not moisturize, dc, etc). As a result of years of neglect my hair had extreme breakage and was dry and brittle. I relaxed my hair on Jan.3rd and used the aphogee 2 step protein/ moisture balance treament one week later and got great results. So I found this website and got so much great info. Here is my plan...

Every Satuday:
- Shampoo with Aphogee Damaged Hair Shampoo or Suave Humectant (alternate each week)
- Deep Condition with Aphogee 2 min reconstructer AND Nexxus Humectress
- Use Neutragena Triple Moisture leave in conditioner

Every Tuesday:
- Co-wash with V05 moisture milks and deep condition with Nexxus Humectress
- Use Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave in conditioner

Daily:
- Use Elasta QP mango butter crème on hair and ends (alternate with diluted Humectress spray)
- Seal ends with Oil Mix (jojoba, grapeseed, kemi, shea butter, rosemary)
- "grease" and massage scalp with Oil mix every 3 days

*Wash with clarifying shampoo once per month

What do you think? Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!

RavenMaven

That sounds good to me!
I don't like washing and co-washing often, it makes my hair dry.
But hey everyone's hair is different!
Happy Hair Growing!

oh yeah-- add a deep conditioner and you're set to go.

Last edited:

Lovestyr

I have to agree i think your regimen sounds great.I only personally wash my hair once a week and Dc for 30 minutes, I use Redken or Soft sheen carsons optium care conditoner ita red/dark orange bottle. It smells SOOO good and makes me hair really soft. I use kemi oyl as well that works wonders. I use a variety of oils as well( coconut, jojoba, shea butter, almond,* very jasmine expensivefor a quality brand*) and of course WGO. Like you will hear some of the ladies say its trial and error with your hair,,,,What every works for your hair stick with it . happy hair growing journey

praisedancer

Your reggie sounds good. I couldn't be able to moisturize my scalp w/ Elasta QP Mango Butter b/c it'll be too heavy on my hair. But if it works for you then follow it.

gissellr78

To give you some background... I've never taken good care of my hair (I've always have sew-ins or wore wigs but did not moisturize, dc, etc). As a result of years of neglect my hair had extreme breakage and was dry and brittle. I relaxed my hair on Jan.3rd and used the aphogee 2 step protein/ moisture balance treament one week later and got great results. So I found this website and got so much great info. Here is my plan...

Every Satuday:
- Shampoo with Aphogee Damaged Hair Shampoo or Suave Humectant (alternate each week)
- Deep Condition with Aphogee 2 min reconstructer AND Nexxus Humectress---These are not DC'ers...these are great try incorporating one that says leave for 10-15 mins
- Use Neutragena Triple Moisture leave in conditioner

Every Tuesday:
- Co-wash with V05 moisture milks and deep condition with Nexxus Humectress
- Use Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave in conditioner

Daily:
- Use Elasta QP mango butter crème on hair and ends (alternate with diluted Humectress spray)
- Seal ends with Oil Mix (jojoba, grapeseed, kemi, shea butter, rosemary)
- "grease" and massage scalp with Oil mix every 3 days

*Wash with clarifying shampoo once per month

What do you think? Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated!

Looks great except i dont see a Deep conditioner! HHG

omnipadme

Really? I thought Humectress was a deep conditioner. What do you recommend?

Humetress is lovely, but its just a regular conditioner. I often use elasta qp dpr-11 after aphogee 2 minute proteinreconstructor, or I like organic root stimulator hair mayo.

gissellr78

Really? I thought Humectress was a deep conditioner. What do you recommend?

Is an instant / regular conditioner....Deep conditioners usually specify leaving it on for 10-15 minutes to make sure it penetraits the hair shaft....

I use ORS Packs and Alter Ego Garlic treatment....There are a lot of good ones....NTM mask is to leave 5 mins but it says deep penetraiting so that works. Actually NTM mask is really good and smells great I would try it since you are using the leave in...HHG

Last edited:

Tarae

Good question... I'm going to look for a moisturizing deep conditioner because I think that I've incorporated enough protein.
Kenra has a really good moisturizing conditioner.
I also like Silk Elements.

Look in the DC Challenge thread. There are a loooooot of good DCs listed in there.

MissNina

Libra Girl
Humectress can be used as a moisturizing DC. . .it has the proper ingredients to be a DC. . .but you should make sure to use it with heat for about 30 mins.