Please help me find Lacio w/hydrolyzed silk

Muse

Hi all,

I recently purchased a bottle of Lacio Lacio leave in from ebay. The seller had these ingredients listed:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroized Silk, Dimethicone Copoliol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance.

Which I love for my hair but I was sent a bottle with these ingredients instead:

(the first five ingredients are):water,methylciclopolyslloxane,dimethylpolysiloxane,alcohol graso c14-c18,cetrimonium chloride,(some hydrolyzed protein-not silk). I am not home right now so I can't give a complete list.

Beauty of New York is selling the same formulation^^^^ now which is where I bought my first bottle from. I'm not too concerned about the mink oil I just want the silk protein. Has anyone ordered from a place RECENTLY that sells bottles with the first ingredient list??

TIA

Muse

I called sickbay got no answer, called Bluebeez she said she was out and to call back Friday when it comes in and she would check. Roundbrush, well she didn't really say for sure. She was going to check the smaller size bottle but she didn't have it. I got the feeling she thought I was after the mink oil even though I told her it's the silk I want not the oil. Finally she told me that they try to keep the ingredients list on their site correct so the bottle I get should have those ingredients.

Apparently Star is sending out bottles with the new formulation and not telling their vendors:ohwell: Thanks for responding!

*Frisky*

I called sickbay got no answer, called Bluebeez she said she was out and to call back Friday when it comes in and she would check. Roundbrush, well she didn't really say for sure. She was going to check the smaller size bottle but she didn't have it. I got the feeling she thought I was after the mink oil even though I told her it's the silk I want not the oil. Finally she told me that they try to keep the ingredients list on their site correct so the bottle I get should have those ingredients.

Apparently Star is sending out bottles with the new formulation and not telling their vendors:ohwell: Thanks for responding!

wow I had no idea the ingredients changed. They seem drastic. I knew about the mink oil though. I am still using a bottle I ordered probably a year ago.

gorgeous86

NOOOOOOO!!! Please don't tell me the ingredients have changed. :cry: This is my favorite leave in. I have never tried the one with mink oil, but the one with the hydrolyzed silk is awesome. Say it aint so!!!

Muse

NOOOOOOO!!! Please don't tell me the ingredients have changed. :cry: This is my favorite leave in. I have never tried the one with mink oil, but the one with the hydrolyzed silk is awesome. Say it aint so!!!

Yeah I guess this is their 2nd change now and the changes just keep getting worse! I have never tried the mink oil one either, I missed that boat BUT like you said the hydrolyzed silk one is REALLY good.

The guy I bought from on ebay said he'd check with his distributor to see if they have the old formula but he hasn't gotten back to me. With all of these changes Star is doing I think I may have to find another leave in which is hard because this one was PERFECT for my hair. :wallbash:

Evazhair

That would be really stupid of them to take out the silk protein. I hope the protein on the OP's bottle is silk in spanish or something (seda?). What is lacio lacio without silk protein? I bet gobbage.

Muse

That would be really stupid of them to take out the silk protein. I hope the protein on the OP's bottle is silk in spanish or something (seda?). What is lacio lacio without silk protein? I bet gobbage.

I seem to remember it being hydrolyzed wheat protein-further down the list.

Have you ever tried Silicon Mix leave in? It it similar to lacio lacio.

Yeah I was actually thinking about trying Salerm but I may check out silicon mix as well. I also like the fact that the old Lacio had just the one water soluble cone:yep:

Esq.2B

I'm going to have to search the BSS's high and low to find this stuff and stock up! I did the same thing with the CON poo. I'm also going to have to do this with the ORS Replenishing. Sheesh. These companies are getting out of hand with this ish.

gorgeous86

For those of you that ordered the newer version w/out the silk proteins, has the packaging changed? Does it still say concentrated silk protein on the front of the package?

Muse

can you add chi to it and come out with something simular?

You could but there are some things added to the new Lacio that I would prefer not to put in my hair.

For those of you that ordered the newer version w/out the silk proteins, has the packaging changed? Does it still say concentrated silk protein on the front of the package?

Every single thing on the new packaging is the same as the old except the ingredients which I thought was weird. You wouldn't even think to check the ingredients if you didn't know any better.

soulie

I ordered a bottle of Lacio from HoneyFig.com last month - just checked it and it has the hydrolyzed silk in it.

Muse

I ordered a bottle of Lacio from HoneyFig.com last month - just checked it and it has the hydrolyzed silk in it.

What?! Going to honeyfig.com, thanks!

ETA: Ok I emailed them and asked them to let me know if the bottles they have reflect the ingredients on their website just to make sure. I will post the response when they get back to me.

Last edited:

LovelyLionessa

Hi all,

I recently purchased a bottle of Lacio Lacio leave in from ebay. The seller had these ingredients listed:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroized Silk, Dimethicone Copoliol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance.

Which I love for my hair but I was sent a bottle with these ingredients instead:

(the first five ingredients are):water,methylciclopolyslloxane,dimethylpolysiloxane,alcohol graso c14-c18,cetrimonium chloride,(some hydrolyzed protein-not silk). I am not home right now so I can't give a complete list.

Beauty of New York is selling the same formulation^^^^ now which is where I bought my first bottle from. I'm not too concerned about the mink oil I just want the silk protein. Has anyone ordered from a place RECENTLY that sells bottles with the first ingredient list??

TIA

This is an absolute travesty! My God, what a drastic change. I've got a few back up bottles in my stash, thank goodness. After that I'll have to use something else. This is the worse formula change since CON-gate.:whip:

mrspgh95

just went on the Honeyfig.com site to look for the Lacio and it's no longer sold. Does anyone know where else I can look to purchase this item?

mrspgh95

just went on the Bluebeez.com site and found the Lacio. The ingredients listed are:
water, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolized silk, dimethicone copolyol, cetrimonium chloryide, panthenol, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance, colorant free.

What say ye..all???? Don't know about the "alcohol".

Latomian

just went on the Bluebeez.com site and found the Lacio. The ingredients listed are:
water, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolized silk, dimethicone copolyol, cetrimonium chloryide, panthenol, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance, colorant free.

Nor the parabens.

cetearyl alcohol is a fatty moisturizing alcohol.

gorgeous86

This is the one that I have and love. I ordered it from sickbay last summer.

Dposh167

This is a bunch of bullcrap. Just when i slowed down buying products...now I MUST go out to the bss and stock up on all the old formulas!...what a pain in the neck

Muse

Did anyone find out if Bluebeez has the right one?

I called Bluebeez and she they didn't even have a bottle on hand to check she said to call back on friday when they'll be restocked.

I haven't gotten a response back from Honey Fig yet but if you try to use the search to find Lacio it won't come up you have to "Products"-"Hair Care"-"Styling Products" and they are listed alphabetically.

PS. Some of you ladies who have the old formula at your local BSS could be angels and supply some of us with bottles, eh?:grin:

soulie

Sounds like a broken link... I found it by brand. They have Lacio Lacio listed on that page. *shrugs*

Muse

Ok I found a list of all of the ingredients for the new formula:

Ingredients: Water, Methylciclopolyslloxane, Dimethlypolysiloxane, Achohol Graso C14-C18, Cetrimonium Chloride, (Quaternium-79) Hidrolized Wheat Protein, Dehentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance, DMDM Hidantoine, Methylchlorisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone

Now with that said I did some snooping around. When i called Roundbrush the lady told me that the smaller vials of Lacio had the old formula AND, get this, they still contained MINK OIL!! I do know that Beauty of New York sells the vials and I emailed them for the ingredients(still waiting for response) http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/product_view.php?itemCode=K123230607KL0109

But I also found another site: http://www.healthyhairbeautysupply.com/search.php?s=61 that sells the vials AND has the ingredients listed and MINK OIL is included!! Now I know the small vials may not be very practical but I know for my self with this harsh MI winter my hair is suffering without my Lacio:nono: The site also gives discounts if you buy a certain amount of them. Just thought I'd let you guys know!

Muse

Got this response from Beauty of New York:

You are correct, there is one added ingredients to the .66OZ that the 7FL.OZ does no have and that's mink oil, all

other ingredient are the same. the first 3 ingredients of the .66OZare: water,cetearyl alcohol,mink oil.

Samanta,
@beautyofnewyork.com

So that confirms that the small vials do have mink oil still.