Please help me find Lacio w/hydrolyzed silk

LovelyLionessa

Ok I found a list of all of the ingredients for the new formula:

Ingredients: Water, Methylciclopolyslloxane, Dimethlypolysiloxane, Achohol Graso C14-C18, Cetrimonium Chloride, (Quaternium-79) Hidrolized Wheat Protein, Dehentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance, DMDM Hidantoine, Methylchlorisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone

Now with that said I did some snooping around. When i called Roundbrush the lady told me that the smaller vials of Lacio had the old formula AND, get this, they still contained MINK OIL!! I do know that Beauty of New York sells the vials and I emailed them for the ingredients(still waiting for response) http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/product_view.php?itemCode=K123230607KL0109

But I also found another site: http://www.healthyhairbeautysupply.com/search.php?s=61 that sells the vials AND has the ingredients listed and MINK OIL is included!! Now I know the small vials may not be very practical but I know for my self with this harsh MI winter my hair is suffering without my Lacio:nono: The site also gives discounts if you buy a certain amount of them. Just thought I'd let you guys know!

Wow, what a bunch of crapola. :nono:

Muse

Honey Fig responded to my email:

Please note that yes we do have the Lacio Lacio Leave-in in stock. Do note that they do have the same ingredient as is listed on the website. I hope that this will help to make your decision.

Kind regards,

Adassa Blair
Account Representative

HoneyFig.com
T 416.226.2100
1 888 82 Honey (824-6639)
www.honeyfig.com
[email protected]

So they also sell the old formula with hydrolyzed silk. Just another source for us:grin: I am thinking about buying a small vial with Mink Oil so I can compare, I can't imagine it getting any better than the hydrolyzed silk one w/o MO.

Faith

I bought mine from bluebeez about 3 weeks ago and there is no hydrolized silk protein. It's hydrolized wheat protein. I still think it's the best leave in I have used (so far).

LyndseyJK

I've been wanting to try this. Let me know if anyone is purchasing the small multi pack (with mink oil) and willing to part with one of them (I cant justify $10 S&H for a $4 product).

gorgeous86

BUMP!!!!
So it's about time for me to order some more Lacio Lacio. Has anyone tried the new one? If so how does it compare to the old version ( the one with the hydrolyzed silk, not the mink oil)? Is there a noticeable difference?

Last edited:

Mrs.Green

BUMP!!!!
So it's about time for me to order some more Lacio Lacio. Has anyone tried the new one? If so how does it compare to the old version ( the one with the hydrolyzed silk, not the mink oil)? Is there a noticeable difference?

I think I'm using the new one and it works fine for me. But I went to the Dominican salon to pick up more Silicon Mix the lady was doing a rollerset and she mixed the Lacio with Chi Silk Infusion :look:

gorgeous86

^^^ Thanks! I think that I will give the new formula a try. I may order some silk amino acid and panthenol from lotioncrafter and add it to the formula if it turns out to be really bad.

Last edited:

gorgeous86

Unfortunately, yes. :nono:

The new ingredients are:
Water, Methylciclopolyslloxane, Dimethlypolysiloxane, Achohol Graso C14-C18, Cetrimonium Chloride, (Quaternium-79) Hidrolized Wheat Protein, Dehentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance, DMDM Hidantoine, Methylchlorisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone

unalteredone

grrr i wish ihad read this thread before ordering mine two days ago! I noticed that the bottle looked slightly different so i looked at the ingredients and of course....not good. SO i called up beautyofnewyork and told them that i didnt want it because the formulas changed and there was no notification about the change and they gave me a (speedy) refund, and i dont even have to send the lacio lacio back. So i'm quite happy witht he service they provided me...but now i'm gonna have to buy some chi silk infusion.... i hope it is as good as they say it is!

Globeleza

Oh no!! How did I miss this thread?!?!? So does anyone know which stores still have the old formula? I need to stock up!!

Empress Yahudah

oh man this was my favorite leave in.. can't wait to see the update of beautyofnewyork since they have good prices

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
YAY! Mine has it!:clap: Anyway, I love silicon mix more because it really smooths out my air dried hair. They both smell really good.:love:

jamaraa

^^^ Yes, I use it and love it. I tried the Silicon Mix too, but it has an odd smell...Lacio is :up:.

LABETT

I have 2 bottles of the old formula with mink oil left in my stash and I am guarding them very carefully. :brucelee:

jamaraa

Here's a suggestion, if you like the forumla w/ silk proteins and mink oil, why not just put some in your new Lacio bottle rather than lamenting the change of formula? If that's the only major difference in the formula, it's easy to augment to YOUR satisfaction.

Mink oil is expensive, but silk proteins are cheap and not that hard to find. Try adding one or both.

Desarae

^^Me too. I've never used the older 2 formulas. I'm trying not to think about how delicious they probably were...