PLEASE HELP! MY HAIR TURNED WHITE FROM THE CONDITONER!!!!!!

shiningstar84

last night i put humectress in my head and put on a shower cap and went to sleep. well this morning when i tried to shower it out, only the front rinsed out, the back had this gooky feeling to it. so i scratched the scalp a little bit and there was white gook under my fingernails:eek: so i started scratching my scalp like crazy to get the white stuff off of it. it was coating my scalp. well after about 15 min. i got tired and got out the shower. i looked in the mirror so i could see what my scalp looked like in the back and all my hair in the back is WHITE!!! omg. so i poured some diluted acv over my head and that did not help. :ohwell: anyone have any ideas???? i hope i dont have 2 dye it back to the right color. ugh. i can't go to walmart till 4:30. anyone have any ideas of what i could do? or buy at walmart?

Have you tried reshampooing? Maybe your hair soaked up toooo much of the conditoner? :eek: Sorry, I don't really know what to say because I haven't heard of this before.

Just keep washing until you get it out.

The same thing happened to me almost two years ago when I was rinsing out the cream from my soft and beautiful botanicals relaxer. I panicked and not even the neutralizer could get it off.

See, dont you feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!

At least it aint relaxer!:grin:

Can't say I've had this happen before but have you thought of trying a clarifying shampoo or baking soda (w/water) to help remove the conditioner?

Hope you get it out soon!

Thanks 4 your help ladies!!!:D I'm on a no-shampoo thingie and i don't have any shampoo in the house, so i had use some dish washing liquid, body wash, and then i used tide. IT WORKED!!!!!!!!:cool: shhh don't tell nobody. lol
Next new thread: Help Tide w/febreeze broke my hair off.:lol::grin: j/k

The same thing happened to me last Friday when I did a conditioner wash. I thought I thoroughly rinsed the deep conditioner out, but my scalp and hair near the roots turned white and felt gunky. I thought I just missed a spot, but then I realized that it was all over. I had to shampoo and do a second deep conditioning to get my hair back to normal.

I applied WGO to my scalp and hair three times last week. I think there was just too much oil on my scalp. I should have done a shampoo in the first place instead of a co wash.

Had I done a co wash during the week as I usually do, it would not have happened. (I was a little lazy. I confess.)

Next time, you could try an ACV wash... it clarifys well without making the hair as rough and dry (in my experience)...and its soapless.

Wow, I've never heard of such.......interesting to know though.

I used to use HUMECTRESS (NEXXUS) as a leave-in for my daughter and had good results, never a tacky or coating residue associated with it.

This exact thing happened to me when I used the Vitamin Shoppe Jojoba conditioner! :eek:

All I did was wash 2-3 times with my clarifying shampoo (ION) and CON shampoo (green label), and my hair was good as new.

I'll tell ya though, I'll never use that VS Jojoba conditioner again! :lol:

lwill38 said:
last night i put humectress in my head and put on a shower cap and went to sleep. well this morning when i tried to shower it out, only the front rinsed out, the back had this gooky feeling to it. so i scratched the scalp a little bit and there was white gook under my fingernails:eek: so i started scratching my scalp like crazy to get the white stuff off of it. it was coating my scalp. well after about 15 min. i got tired and got out the shower. i looked in the mirror so i could see what my scalp looked like in the back and all my hair in the back is WHITE!!! omg. so i poured some diluted acv over my head and that did not help. :ohwell: anyone have any ideas???? i hope i dont have 2 dye it back to the right color. ugh. i can't go to walmart till 4:30. anyone have any ideas of what i could do? or buy at walmart?

goldensensation said:
Just keep washing until you get it out.

The same thing happened to me almost two years ago when I was rinsing out the cream from my soft and beautiful botanicals relaxer. I panicked and not even the neutralizer could get it off.

See, dont you feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!

At least it aint relaxer!:grin:

That happened to me before. I was going crazy! I thought I was going to end up bald!

This has happened to me before with ddta, but it came out after a few washes.....I'm curious as to why it happens.

Back