PLEASE HELP WITH HAIR BREAKAGE **PICS INSIDE***

cdixon

Hi,

So I just started my own hair care, and I thought my hair was doing quite well because I hadn't seen any breakage really since the last time that I deep conditioned even after cowashing this week I was surprised to see a lot less breakage. So I oiled my hair, washed and DC my hair today for like 40 minutes and all of a sudden I went to wash out the DC and my hair felt a little tangled even after I applied the HE Hello Hydration to my hair which usually has great slip. Then I wanted to do a twist out on my hair, and I think that it's going to be a disaster because my hair was coming out so much, I'm really sad right now and frustrated because I felt like I can really do this but now I'm just feeling like a failure. Last week I did not oil but washed deep conditioned and did bantu knots, and everything went well, what did I do that was so wrong this week.

Also when I wash my hair, I get to the ends of my hair and I can literally pull strands of my hair out, I don't think this is normal and I don't know what to do please help, it feels like I'm going to go bald.:sad: :wallbash:

Attachments

• Hair Breakage.jpg
    Hair Breakage.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Hair Breakage 2.jpg
    Hair Breakage 2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 27
No little white bulbs at the end to suggest that it's shedding instead of breaking? Sorry, I'm trying to stay on the positive here.

FlawedBeauty

when's the last time u brushed/combed ur hair. if its been a while then its more likely all the shed hair from not combing and brushing. that just seems like too much to be breakage. fear not! we'll figure it out :yep:

cdixon

Umm, the last time that I combed or brushed my hair was Monday morning before I went to work to put my hair back into a bun.

JustKiya

Shedding that much is normalish - the idea is 50-100 hairs a DAY, or you might be going through a seasonal shed (I shed like I'm going bald as soon as the weather dips consistently below 60 degrees - it lasts for about a month, and then my hair growth sllllloooooooooows way down til the weather warms back up again).

I think of shed hairs like autumn leaves - without the shed, there will never be ANY new hair, and that would be a very bad thing.

Have you started using anything new on your scalp? Is ORS Replenishing a moisture treatment or a protein treatment? Also, how long is your hair?

crlsweetie912

If that's two days worth, then it's really not that bad. Personally, my hair sheds more when the seasons change..cold to hot, then hot back to cold. Are you stressed? Are you eating right? Drinking enough water? What kind of comb do you use?

cdixon

Shedding that much is normalish - the idea is 50-100 hairs a DAY, or you might be going through a seasonal shed (I shed like I'm going bald as soon as the weather dips consistently below 60 degrees - it lasts for about a month, and then my hair growth sllllloooooooooows way down til the weather warms back up again).

I think of shed hairs like autumn leaves - without the shed, there will never be ANY new hair, and that would be a very bad thing.

Have you started using anything new on your scalp? Is ORS Replenishing a moisture treatment or a protein treatment? Also, how long is your hair?

I have no idea I think it maybe a moisture treatment, I'm not sure if it's a protein treatment, my fotki shows the length of my hair I have layers but the longest layer I believe is SL it is http://public.fotki.com/MsCocoa

cdixon

If that's two days worth, then it's really not that bad. Personally, my hair sheds more when the seasons change..cold to hot, then hot back to cold. Are you stressed? Are you eating right? Drinking enough water? What kind of comb do you use?

That maybe what it is I'm drinking water, eating right, I stopped eating out so much, I cook more, I think it may be the weather as well yesterday I didn't have anything on my hair when it was raining, I thought I was going to get sick but instead maybe my hair is just falling out... lol. I've been using a wide tooth comb and a brush lately, today was the first time I used a rattail comb in like 3 weeks. I normally don't use them because I know that they are bad for your hair. I forgot to add you said stressed and I took a day off today because I felt out of it but not stressed

JustKiya

That maybe what it is I'm drinking water, eating right, I stopped eating out so much, I cook more, I think it may be the weather as well yesterday I didn't have anything on my hair when it was raining, I thought I was going to get sick but instead maybe my hair is just falling out... lol. I've been using a wide tooth comb and a brush lately, today was the first time I used a rattail comb in like 3 weeks. I normally don't use them because I know that they are bad for your hair. I forgot to add you said stressed and I took a day off today because I felt out of it but not stressed

Have you been using just wide tooth combs? If so - then yeah, I wouldn't worry at all. Wide tooths just CAN'T get all the shedding out - but the rattail would (along with maybe a lil breakage if you weren't super gentle with it).

Christa438

Im sending you (((hugs))). You'll find the solution.

Depending on your hair length and thickness, that may be normal. I wonder what is your technique for washing your hair...is your hair straight or curly? {Im not absolutely sure but I think many bone-straight women are able to wash their hair hanging down} My hair has curl to it and I noticed that as it started getting closer to SL, I could not wash it hanging all down--I had to switch to using plaitts/braids--because it would tangle and knot badly. All curly ladies may not have this problem but I sure did. That wash method combined with weekly detangling to get out shed hair eliminated tangling and knotting for me.

HTH

cdixon

Im sending you (((hugs))). You'll find the solution.

Depending on your hair length and thickness, that may be normal. I wonder what is your technique for washing your hair...is your hair straight or curly? {Im not absolutely sure but I think many bone-straight women are able to wash their hair hanging down} My hair has curl to it and I noticed that as it started getting closer to SL, I could not wash it hanging all down--I had to switch to using plaitts/braids--because it would tangle and knot badly. All curly ladies may not have this problem but I sure did. That wash method combined with weekly detangling to get out shed hair eliminated tangling and knotting for me.

HTH

I'm not bone straight, I haven't had a relaxer in almost 3 months or so, but I am wondering, does this help how do you wash it in braids? First detangle then wash??