Please Help

Chipmunk

I've taken HF37 it does work, it's not only marketed to african americans it's marketed to people of all races. That's just a certain section of their site.

Kitkat

Imogin, I'll try to post this link to a recent HF 37 discussion (saved as one of my faves!). Do a search here and you'll find more information. I hope this helps. HF 37

I hope this comes out okay.

Leshia

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Imogin3 said:

Has anyone ever heard of this product? I want to believe them, however a vitamin for "African American" hair? I am a little scepitcal. The ingredients seem great... what do you think.

Thanks in advance

http://www.hf37.net/blackhair/black_hair_product.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Imogin,*waving* I was considering buying this at one point but then considered just using the main ingredients in this. What I found is that just taking a good hair vitamin (I take County Life Maxi-Hair as of a few weeks ago) and Protein tabs increases my growth tremendously. I do believe that it's the proteins in HF37 that seriously aids in our hair...someone want to add anything? I'm basically saying what is working for me as of the last month..

londongirl3

Some of the information in this site is stated as for black hair when it applies to all hair. (For example, structure of black hair is just plain biochemistry of ALL hair)

I sort of feel misinformed when they display their details as for black hair when it's not exclusive. Are they trying to bamboozle the average reader with words like alpha helix, peptide bond, fibril when it would be better served to just direct people to the nearest library to read a book on tropocollagen and keratin? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I don't know about the efficacy of the product but I don't really like the outlay of the site.

adrienne0914

i took this for five months when i first started growing my hair out. they did nothing for me, not even my nails. at that time, the pills were huge. i took either 3 or 6 a day (i've blocked that part out). it was a complete waste of money for me. i've had much better results with other vitamins.

adrienne

ngaa

''It is true that African American hair grows slower than other races. ''

/images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif W.T.F?? is that true?? i dont kno a lot about our hair (including african hair) but if i wasnt mistaken, all hair grows the same but our hair is different to European hair coz ours is dryer and so dont accumulate length as easily as their's do

ngaa /images/graemlins/confused.gif

londongirl3

You are right ngaa. That statement is not true at all. I think all races experience slow growth and in general we all grow hair at the same rate if we have healthy diets.

I have an Indian friend whose hair grew about 4 inches last year. She does have an eating disorder which is why I think her hair has not grown. It does go to show that slow growth is not an african american/african problem.

The reason why the hair does not retain the length is like you said, the dryness and not the lack of growth.

hairfanatic

Hi Imogin3,

I have used the Hair Forumula 37 and yes it does work, but the price is expensive. Also, I had terrible headaches taking them. I believe that somebody posted an alternative using the same ingredients but cheaper, I can't remember who it was but know it was about two weeks ago. I do believe that there are a lot of other vitamins that you can buy in your area or health food store and get the same benefits. Also, Bargello's vitamin routine works for a lot of people on this forum and taking Geritol Complete.