PLEASE RATE MY REGIMEN

Mandy4610

I currently do not have a real regimen, I am trying to work on one. My hair type is 4a/b. I am fully relaxed. I touch up every 8wks. I am trying to get into the routine of dusting my ends evey 10weeks.
I wash my hair every week. I try to deep condition with every wash, but if I don't have enough time to deep condition I apply conditioner and leave it in for 3 minute then rinse.
I always use a leave-in conditioner every times I wash (can't comb my hair without it).
I try to rollerset as much as I can, but when I don't have time I stretch my hair with a hot air brush ( this works great if I don't have any new growth, but when I have new growth, it breaks my hair).
Sometimes I air dry my hair. I apply my leave-in and my moisturiser and just let my hair dry. At the moment I am trying to only use Leave-in for air drying and then apply moisturiser after the hair is dry. I have always applied leave-in at the same time as moisturiser, but I want to change this up a bit. I find that the moisturiser works better if I add it before rollersetting though.
Every second week I wash and deep condition with treatment shampoo and conditioner.
I moisturise everyday. On the first day I moisturise in the morning and on the second day I moisturise at night with a nighttime treatment moisturiser.
On the day that I moiturise in the morning, I also use BT or my MN mix (just started this a few days ago, my MN mix has EVOO, BT and my hair grease, I will try this for a while and see how it works.).

This is it for now

wheezy807

I currently do not have a real regimen, I am trying to work on one. My hair type is 4a/b. I am fully relaxed. I touch up every 8wks. I am trying to get into the routine of dusting my ends evey 10weeks.
I wash my hair every week. I try to deep condition with every wash, but if I don't have enough time to deep condition I apply conditioner and leave it in for 3 minute then rinse.
I always use a leave-in conditioner every times I wash (can't comb my hair without it).
I try to rollerset as much as I can, but when I don't have time I stretch my hair with a hot air brush ( this works great if I don't have any new growth, but when I have new growth, it breaks my hair).
Sometimes I air dry my hair. I apply my leave-in and my moisturiser and just let my hair dry. At the moment I am trying to only use Leave-in for air drying and then apply moisturiser after the hair is dry. I have always applied leave-in at the same time as moisturiser, but I want to change this up a bit. I find that the moisturiser works better if I add it before rollersetting though.
Every second week I wash and deep condition with treatment shampoo and conditioner.
I moisturise everyday. On the first day I moisturise in the morning and on the second day I moisturise at night with a nighttime treatment moisturiser.
On the day that I moiturise in the morning, I also use BT or my MN mix (just started this a few days ago, my MN mix has EVOO, BT and my hair grease, I will try this for a while and see how it works.).

This is it for now

So far, so good. Sounds good to me, i totally agree with the bold that is what i do. But some use the leave in for airdrying and daily moisturizing, so to each its own. What is the treatment shampoo/ conditioner? Are you referring to protein? I dunno how often you use the hot air brush but it could be minimized or better yet eliminated...:grin: Other than that, pretty good girly!

Leslie_C

I think your regimen sounds fine...the only thing I would add is if you dont think u will have time to deep condition after washing, how about deep conditioning on dry hair prior to washing with a hot towel? That works well for me and I do it about half the time...saves me time from jumping in and out of the shower and a lot of ppl around here do it all the time and say they get even better results than deep conditioning the traditional way.

lilamae

looks like you are off to a great start. I''m am trying to tweak my regimen as well and be more specific and keeping a hair journal.

wheezy807

I think your regimen sounds fine...the only thing I would add is if you dont think u will have time to deep condition after washing, how about deep conditioning on dry hair prior to washing with a hot towel? That works well for me and I do it about half the time...saves me time from jumping in and out of the shower and a lot of ppl around here do it all the time and say they get even better results than deep conditioning the traditional way.

ITA with this also!

Mandy4610

Thanks this sounds good. Does it consume alot of conditioner since the hair is dry?

Mandy4610

So far, so good. Sounds good to me, i totally agree with the bold that is what i do. But some use the leave in for airdrying and daily moisturizing, so to each its own. What is the treatment shampoo/ conditioner? Are you referring to protein? I dunno how often you use the hot air brush but it could be minimized or better yet eliminated...:grin: Other than that, pretty good girly!
I don't know anything about Protein and I can't say if my shampoo and treatment conditiner are protein or not (please educate me on protein if you are able). The shampoo I use is "Mizani Puriphying Intense Cleaning Shampoo" and the conditioner is called "Mizani Kerafuse Intense strengthening treatment".

Leslie_C

Thanks this sounds good. Does it consume alot of conditioner since the hair is dry?

Well, instead of applying it all over and trying to cover all you hair...try to do it in sections and use about a quarter size amount to each section. I do about 3 or 4 sections. You could also add oil if you want to stretch the conditioner out. HTH!

Mandy4610

Well, instead of applying it all over and trying to cover all you hair...try to do it in sections and use about a quarter size amount to each section. I do about 3 or 4 sections. You could also add oil if you want to stretch the conditioner out. HTH!
Thanks that very helpful.

wheezy807

I don't know anything about Protein and I can't say if my shampoo and treatment conditiner are protein or not (please educate me on protein if you are able). The shampoo I use is "Mizani Puriphying Intense Cleaning Shampoo" and the conditioner is called "Mizani Kerafuse Intense strengthening treatment".

If i were to guess just off of the names, the shampoo sounds like it clarifies and the conditioner definitely sounds like it has protein ingredients hence "intense strengthening treatment." But i'm just guessing, so..

HERicane10

Hey there Mandy!:hiya: Your regimen does seem to have all the elements for success!

The shampoo you listed is a clarifying shampoo, so you don't want to use this weekly unless you have major product overload ( which is a hair no-no anyway) :hammer:

Also the conditioner is DEFINITELY a protein. Usually it is mixed or alternated with the Mizani Moisturfuse conditioner

BotaniFying Conditioning Shampoo is for more frequent use. And if you don't want to alternate your conditioner then just go for the Fulfyl Conditioning Treatment- it has protein AND moisture! :cup: