Shea Moisture Recommendations for Relaxed/Textlaxed Hair

lonei

Hey guys

My hair really needs more moisture. I have never tried this line and am interested in reviews. I am textlaxed 4b low porosity.

Please recommend from this line a

Moistursing Shampoo
Clarifying Shampoo
Deep Conditioner
MILD Protein Conditioner
Leave In conditioner
Moisturiser for smooth, soft Braidouts
Moisturiser that will NOT frizz straighten textlaxed hair once dry
Oils
Any other good items

Please be detailed in exactly what the product does for your hair. Any pics and links of results would be much appreciated also.

God bless!

all_1_length

For the moisturizing shampoo I'd say SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. It's my shampoo of choice for moisture. I would recommend the SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque but I use that for both my protein and deep conditioning. I think the SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner is a very light protein conditioner because it helps maintain the structure of my hair and prevents it from becoming mushy over time.

lonei

For the moisturizing shampoo I'd say SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. It's my shampoo of choice for moisture. I would recommend the SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque but I use that for both my protein and deep conditioning. I think the SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner is a very light protein conditioner because it helps maintain the structure of my hair and prevents it from becoming mushy over time.

So would you consider any one of these conditioners to be moisturising and have you used any of their products for braidouts?

Thanks

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Relaxed Head Here:

I like the Purification Hair Mask. I use it as a Co-Cleanse to remove product build-up. It's nice for that and smells good.

I've never used it as a Mask although it gets great reviews for that.

I have the Anti-Breakage Mask, but I don't care for it. Something about the flowery smell gets on my nerves.

I'm trying to finish it up as a Cowash. But I always just look at it and then grab something else.:look:

I also like the Restorative Elixir for a light spritz of Oil.

Those are the only 3 SM Products I've purchased. I hear the Hibiscus Spritz and one of the Yucca Milk are nice, but I'm not sure if I'll buy them. Maybe if the price is right.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I LOVE shea moisture raw shea butter shampoo. That stuff is amazing! It makes my hair so moisturized I sometimes don't need to condition afterwards. I also like their curl enhancing smoothie.

I didn't like the raw shea butter conditioner & their DC. It wasn't moisturizing & it stripped my hair.

I plan on trying more products from this line this year.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I can only recommend the deep cleaning shampoo because it is a really good clarifier and the detox mask which is good when you want to remove a small amount of product build-up.

Pennefeather

I dont like the deep conditioner - I didn't find it very moisturizing. I've only used it once. Since I still have plenty, I'm planning to try it again, but I will be adding oil.

mshoneyfly

Hey guys My hair really needs more moisture. I have never tried this line and am interested in reviews. I am textlaxed 4b low porosity. Please recommend from this line a Moistursing Shampoo Clarifying Shampoo Deep Conditioner MILD Protein Conditioner Leave In conditioner Moisturiser for smooth, soft Braidouts Moisturiser that will NOT frizz straighten textlaxed hair once dry Oils Any other good items Please be detailed in exactly what the product does for your hair. Any pics and links of results would be much appreciated also. God bless!

The raw shea restorative conditioner has been my staple moisturizer/creamy leave in for the longest time. I like as a rinse out conditioner too. Its very moisturizing. The deep treatment masque is good for moisturizing too. The raw shea shampoo gives lots of moisture, softness, lather and cleans the scalp well. I think you will be impressed. This particular line does not have protein so I use the masque in my henna gloss every time. As a DC, I didn't find it effective until I used it with heat. Have the oil spritz from this line on my list of products to try next.

The ABS line is wonderful for conditioning, clarifying, purifying and bringing back the proper moisture balance to hair and scalp. The purification masque is everthing! I have also moisturized dry hair with the balancing conditioner from this line. It softened my hair and added nice moisture.

The only ones that contain protein are the yucca & baobab line for thickening (vegetable protein) and the coconut hibiscus line (silk protein). The hold & shine moisture mist says it is anti-frizz, moisture & shine but IDK if this will work for a braidout on straight hair. I added some EOs to this product to improve the scent.

Hard to say whether either of these lines would work for your "mild" protein as all proteins don't act the same, IMO. I assume you mean a heavy protein would be something with keratin in it or are you talking about where it falls in the ingredient list?

I hope this review helps :)

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Kimiche

Bumping. I'm trying to see if other any other relaxed/texlaxed ladies are using this product line.

lonei

I didn't use the whole product line but tried 3 .products and only kept with one. The purification mask and moisture retention poo were both great the first time but 2nd time they left my hair tangled. The coconut and hibiscus smoothie is the BEST moisturiser I have EVER tried. It doesn't frizz my hair, doesn't dry it out and makes my braid outs amazing. I can also dab it on straight hair without fear of reversion. Soft, sleek hair is now my portion!

Kimiche

I didn't use the whole product line but tried 3 .products and only kept with one. The purification mask and moisture retention poo were both great the first time but 2nd time they left my hair tangled. The coconut and hibiscus smoothie is the BEST moisturiser I have EVER tried. It doesn't frizz my hair, doesn't dry it out and makes my braid outs amazing. I can also dab it on straight hair without fear of reversion. Soft, sleek hair is now my portion!

Thanks for your input and for starting this topic. I have been looking for reviews from relaxed/texlaxed ladies and couldn't find many. I will look into trying the coconut and hibiscus smoothie, because my hair needs a good moisturizer. I tried the coconut and hibiscus gel souffle and it was sticky and didn't work out for me. I also tried the coconut and hibiscus co-wash and that was a big no no for my hair as well. I had to put another conditioner in my hair afterwards to get the slip back. I tried the Yucca hair milk and my hair seems to like it a little, but I'm not sure if it's the right one for me to keep my hair moisturized.

xu93texas

I just purchased the Purification Masque and used it as a pre-poo last week. So far so good. I have used the Yucca and Baobob Growth Milk as a moisturizer and I didn't have any issues with it.

Right now I'm using the Extra-Moisture Transitioning Milk and I like it better than the Yucca Growth milk.

Beamodel

I love:
Moisture Retention Shampoo
Yucca Shampoo
Purification Masque

The yellow label DC wasn't moisturizing at all