Please Share Your Experience w/Growth Aids

Lady Esquire

Yesterday, I had a bad experience at the salon. I got a relaxer. She ripped thru 14 weeks worth of new growth with a tiny rat tail comb. A lot of hair was lost.

Even before going to her, I had experienced unexplained shedding and breakage. I am still on top of my regimen. I suspect I need to shorten my stretching from 14 weeks to about 8-10 weeks.

She gave me a haircut (even though she called it a trim) and now I have freshly-cut ends. I am on a MISSION to regrow my hair and maintain the moisture/protein balance. I am reevaluating my regimen and intend to include GROWTH AIDS. So help a sista out and share your hits and misses with different growth aids.

I just ordered Minoval. I am also thinking about using Surge or Sulfer. But I do not know which prods to buy. Help. Thanks, and Ciao. ;)

bravenewgirl87

I am using Surge Revitalizer 14 and Lenzi's Request. So far with Lenzi's Request, i am seeing a much thicker hair line and NG w/o braids (a rarerity) and my mommy wants to kill me. She is SOOO sick of this "nappy-headed ho" :lol: daughter of hers and her crazy New Growth. With Surge, its a little hard for me to tell if it is working bc we still comb(really, part) my hair on a regular basis, so that too causes my breakage (its supposed to stop breakage in fourteen days). Its a great detangler, though!!! Lenzi's Request, however, i have notice a fuller hair line since i started using LR. Waiting on my BT to see if that is working. BEWARE: DO NOT USE LENZI'S REQUEST AS A MOISTURIZER!!! YOU WILL BE DRYER THAN SAHARA DESERT! I think it has "un-petroleum" in it??? WTH? But, i just apply it to the scalp....BUT NOT THE ENDS!!!

trulyurangel82

take Vitamins.
drink a lot of water.
massage your scalp daily.
Right now im using BT (boundless tresses) for hair growth and I have to say its working fast. I had a bald spot because of braids taken it out more than 7 yrs ago and its been like that forever. Ive been using it for 4 weeks i believe and theres hair already growing in the spot and its already half the size. I think by the summer it will be completly gone. Im actually shocked. Nothin else has worked. I tried my own sulfer mix and put essential oils in the area.

I also have lenzis request but I havent used it in awhile. I have to say BT works faster and I see more results.

Essential oils and coconut oil help your hair grow out also.

Amour

trulyurangel82 said:
take Vitamins.
drink a lot of water.
massage your scalp daily.
Right now im using BT (boundless tresses) for hair growth and I have to say its working fast. I had a bald spot because of braids taken it out more than 7 yrs ago and its been like that forever. Ive been using it for 4 weeks i believe and theres hair already growing in the spot and its already half the size. I think by the summer it will be completly gone. Im actually shocked. Nothin else has worked. I tried my own sulfer mix and put essential oils in the area.

I also have lenzis request but I havent used it in awhile. I have to say BT works faster and I see more results.

Essential oils and coconut oil help your hair grow out also.

This BT sure is a phenonomal, can't wait to receive mine

Frustrated

I agreew with the other ladies, BT is great!!:grin: I've been using it for 3 wks and I have noticed a difference. I will definitely be getting another bottle!

aurora3140

I've used Surge since December all over my scalp at least 3 times a week, sometimes more. It has helped to fill in my nape and my hairline looks like it belongs to someone else! It's fuller than I ever remember it being, even during my much younger, press and curl days. I mix it with a little oil and I put it in an applicator bottle. That way, my ends aren't getting wet if I'm wearing my hair straight. If my hair has been airdried, I use it straight from the spray bottle.

I recently placed an order for BT and I'm looking forward to even more growth.

Also, I have been taking biotin daily for about 3 months (I have been less consistent this month) and my newgrowth now at 4 weeks post is thicker than it was at 4 weeks post using Surge alone.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:

Empress Yahudah

LadyEsquire said:
Yesterday, I had a bad experience at the salon. I got a relaxer. She ripped thru 14 weeks worth of new growth with a tiny rat tail comb. A lot of hair was lost.

Even before going to her, I had experienced unexplained shedding and breakage. I am still on top of my regimen. I suspect I need to shorten my stretching from 14 weeks to about 8-10 weeks.

She gave me a haircut (even though she called it a trim) and now I have freshly-cut ends. I am on a MISSION to regrow my hair and maintain the moisture/protein balance. I am reevaluating my regimen and intend to include GROWTH AIDS. So help a sista out and share your hits and misses with different growth aids.

I just ordered Minoval. I am also thinking about using Surge or Sulfer. But I do not know which prods to buy. Help. Thanks, and Ciao. ;)

This happened to me to recently...I started eating more protien, I also take vitamins,supplements,drink lots of water.... i use my own growth aid of essential oils geard to hair growth,sulfur, and olive oil mixture...scalp massages....This has realy been working for me in the short time i have been doing this
Misses- Surge I kept getting broken hairs cuz it made my hair brittle near the scalp
Mtg cuz of the smell only

imstush

I had great results with both MTG and Surge. Not sure what happened with Surge, I just never repurchased. MTG too afraid of future effects. I just started using my BT yesterday..so I will keep track.

bklynLadee

I have used MTG...and my NG is growing like WILD FIRE!!! I cannot believe it. All this new growth gave me hope and I have decided that I will go natural. There are other women who swear by Vitamins...Im not a vitamin taker...I always forget.

But MSM is good for making the NG softer I hear
And biotin For thickness

HTH