Please tell me your favorite oils?

KdsLady09

Hello there! I am a lurker of about two months. And I figured it is about time for me to step forward. The inspiration I have received from LHCF has been tremendous! Thank you so much ladies :notworthy and my hair thanks you too!

I have a question about oils. I am not sure if this has been asked before so please forgive me if this is redundant. Could you please tell me what your favorite oils are? And which oils do you use for moisturizing (adding to your DC's, home made daily moisturizers, etc.), as oppose to those you specifically use for sealing. Or do you use the same oils for both?

TIA.

Blessed_Angel

Hi, and welcome to the board.

I love Vatika Frosting from Hairveda. That's the only oil that works for me and my daughter's hair. :yep:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
jojoba oil, grapeseed and sweet almond oil

I just read the entire post..

I use jojoba to seal and I use castor oil in my DC/ pre poos. Grapeseed and sweet almond oil I use on my skin

soulie

JBCO, sweet almond and EVCO. I use the JBCO in conditioners and for sealing my ends; I use coconut oil when the weather is warmer, but this time of year it hardens when I go outside, even for 2 minutes.

Marley4920

I use coconut oil on my ends, wheat germ oil in all of my conditioners and amla/wgo oil on my scalp. So far so good!:grin:

LovelyLionessa

I :heart2: oils. My faves are:

Dabur Vatika
HairVeda Vatika Frosting & Cocasta Shikakai
Kemi Oyl

I also really like my Global Goddess (bootleg or not) oil too. :yep:

newflowers

I use camellia oil - it's light, has sunscreen properties, and does an excellent job of sealing and keeping my ends where they belong.

Grapeseed and avocado are also excellent - my daughters use these.

Emu oil is one I think everyone should have. It's much heavier than the others I've listed; however, studies prove that emu "awakens" dormant hair folicles and keeps hair growing faster and longer. An emu scalp massage once or twice week is a wonderful thing. Add in some rosemary, thyme, atlas cedar, lavander essential oils, and you have a homemade growth aid that has been scientifically proven to grow hair.

Polly once sent me a sample of All-Nutrient oil - this is an excellent product that provides moisture (aloe) and sealing.

Coffee

Wow this is a hard one for me, I like most of them. The ones I use most of the time are, JBCO, Olive Oil, Lavender and Fig Oil, I may be adding Nasabbs Kelechi oil once I receive and try it.

Creatividual

Welcome! Man, I love oils. I have a lot of them that I like:

EVOO-add to DC's
EVCO- add to DC's, seal with
Avocado oil- add to DC's, seal with
Sweet almond oil-add to DC's
Grapeseed oil- add to DC's
Castor oil- add to DC's, seal with when I'm airdrying
Jojoba oil- use on scalp when I'm in (crochet) braids

BlackGeisha

dabur amla oil

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Welcome. Today is my first day from stalking...I mean lurking.. So I'm also a newbie. My favorite oil is Vatika:yep:

hillytmj

I have only used olive oil, and I love it! I use it to seal daily, and when I start getting close to relaxer time, I add it to my deep condish. I recently experimented with coating my wet hair with it (after my leave in and moisture) and air dryed, and my hair was the softest ever and I was six weeks post! I also love cooking with olive oil, so it's basically a multipurpose product for me.

E. Princess

I'm a castor oil fan through and through. Second runner up is avocado oil. I use castor oil more because it readily available to me. I apply both on wet/damp hair.

KdsLady09

I use camellia oil - it's light, has sunscreen properties, and does an excellent job of sealing and keeping my ends where they belong.

Grapeseed and avocado are also excellent - my daughters use these.

Emu oil is one I think everyone should have. It's much heavier than the others I've listed; however, studies prove that emu "awakens" dormant hair folicles and keeps hair growing faster and longer. An emu scalp massage once or twice week is a wonderful thing. Add in some rosemary, thyme, atlas cedar, lavander essential oils, and you have a homemade growth aid that has been scientifically proven to grow hair.

Polly once sent me a sample of All-Nutrient oil - this is an excellent product that provides moisture (aloe) and sealing.

Thank you newflowers. Where do you purchase emu and camellia oil?