Please tell me your favorite oils?

Nayeli

Jamaicn mango and lime. I absolutely adore this oil. I started using in in 2007, and then they switched the formula to include mineral oil as the first ingredient. I was pissed.

But last month, I was in the BSS and realised that they switched back to the original, so I stocked up. Love it, love it, love it!

I have only used olive oil, and I love it! I use it to seal daily, and when I start getting close to relaxer time, I add it to my deep condish. I recently experimented with coating my wet hair with it (after my leave in and moisture) and air dryed, and my hair was the softest ever and I was six weeks post! I also love cooking with olive oil, so it's basically a multipurpose product for me.

^^SAME HERE

My top 5 favorite oils are olive, coconut, foraha, castor, and avocado. Coconut is the best smelling and is good for shine and cleaning hair, Olive oil is good for shine and softening hair. Avocado is good for curls. Foraha is good for laying down hair. Castor is good for growing out hair, laying down hair, and mantaining braids and twists.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
jojoba fo' life! I also like avocado (food grade) and have recently started loving JBCO and Meadowfoam.

Aggie

I like jojoba oil as a scalp oil, extra virgin coconut oil as a sealant, evoo oil as an additive to my conditioners, relaxers, and sweet almond oil for all the above.

half.cadence

olive
castor

jojoba
coconut
grapeseed
vit. e

bolded are the ones I use the most often.

eta: i use all of them for sealing, all I may add to DCs, and all I use in pre poos.

Last edited:

tbaby_8

I use:

coconut oil
castor oil
jojoba oil
grapeseed oil
WGO regular
WGO lite

Strangely enough, I cook with olive oil, but never thought to use it on my hair, but I think that is about to change.:grin:

Barbara

Princess
These are my favorite permanent oil staples:

Hairobics hair oil and detangler oil--the smell is so so good.:lick:

African Royal Hot 6--a new oil to my collection.:grin:

Africa's Best Herbal Oil Complex--I used it about once every other week. I like the baby powder fragrance, but it makes me sneeze.:yep:

Plus, I have my own oil blend which is EVOO (can't use it alone on my hair), almond, coconut, avocado, and jojoba (use on my scalp as well).

Once I use my "other oils" which aren't mentioned here, I'm going to replace them with new ones such as Vatika by Hairveda and Alma.

Last edited:

newflowers

Thank you newflowers. Where do you purchase emu and camellia oil?

My three favorite vendors are oilsbynature.com, gardenofwisdom.com, and fromnaturewithlove.com. there is also a lovely japanese market not far from work that sells camellia oil.

Emu is pricier, but it's well worth the cost.