Pleased with 2008 progress?

spacetygrss

Are you pleased with your hair's progress this year?

I've been natural since May 2001 and decided to do another BC this past May 2008 (was tired of locs). Anyhow, I flat-ironed a couple of sections today just to see my true length and found that my hair is 4 inches and is grazing shoulder length in the back (it looks to be in a reverse bob). That means that I have grown and retained 1/2 inch per month (I chopped down to 1/4-1/2 inch) over the past 7 months. :yay: I need 2 inches to put me solidly at collar-bone length, which means that I am ahead of schedule for my first goal (full-shoulderlength by 6/2009). Woohoo!

Needless to say, I am quite pleased with my 2008 progress! What about you?

RegaLady

I would have been happy with my progress, except that I relaxed every three months, when I could have been natural:perplexed and I cut my back down because I thought I wanted a bob(HUGE MISTAKE:wallbash::wallbash:) . I went from about 1.5 inches in February to about 5 inches today. My hair grows 1/4 inch per month:ohwell:. So I feel okay about it. I know next time to not cut and no relaxer. I hope to get further this coming her.

OP, congrats to you. You sound like you are making great progress:grin:!

loulou82

Yes, I'm content with my progress. I am happy that my hair is healthy and I've retained most of my length. I've had few setbacks most of which occurred because of breakage at the demarcation line from transitioning. 2009 should be a very good hair and I will (hopefully) finally reach my first goal.

leona2025

I'm happy with my progress. :grin:My hair is healthy. Because of the ladies here, I've learn how to actually retain growth and have healthy hair practices. I started out at just pass APL and now I think I am really close to MBL.

DMJ's Mom

I'm very pleased with my progress I did a big mini chop (past SL to NL) back in May and I'm almost back to where I made it back to where I chopped already. So I'm pretty happy. I should definitely reach my goal before the summer final trim and all

yuriko

I went from SL to APL in four months. I only joined four months ago, so yes I am very happy with my progress

vivEz daNs lamouR

I'm extremely pleased with 2008.

I had my last relaxer on 3/10/2008, and have been transitioning to natural ever since. It hasn't always been a breeze (this was my sentiment mostly at the very beginning), but now I'm loving it and cannot wait for my hair to be 100% natural! I've retained some length even AFTER doing a trim, and have been able to really enjoy my hair.

I'm hoping that by 2009, I'm fully natural and healthy, and then I can proceed to achieving BSL as a natural. Right now I'm just a tad past APL.

prospurr4

Congrats to OP and others who have made progress in 2008!

Yes...I am very pleased with my progress, and I thank God and LHCF for it. My hair is longer and thicker than it has EVER been in my life, and I am on track to reach WL, then full WL in 2009. What more can I ask for??

Sarahh.

Yes and no.

I've gone from mouth length to shoulder length in four months so I'm happy with that. Thats about 3 inches of growth and retention in four months so that's great.

On the other hand, I kind of with I hadn't cut my hair in the first place. My hair was APL and I asked the stylist to cut it up to my shoulders, but she cut it up to my mouth instead! :wallbash: So if I started at shoulder length, I could be back to APL (and healthy APL this time).

Anyway, I'm pretty happy. :yep:

JustKiya

I think so. *lol* I'm satisfied with what I've learned about my hair this year, and I'm pleased with its growth, but more pleased with its general overall improvement in health and thickness.
I'm definitely looking forward to 2009, though. :yep:

MAMATO

Yes I am. I went from SL to BSL in 7 months, so I feel OK. The overall health of my hair is OK but I have to work on the shedding now. Since my hair is quite thick my shedding is very scary.... I've always been like that ever since I was a little gir so no worry, I will handle it...

Evazhair

Yes I am happy. In 2008 I kept waiting for hair drama that never occurred.This year proved that my hair will grow and remain healthy as long as I give it what it wants and there is no need for me to be obsessed with it, or take pictures of it every five minutes. Works for me. I have also progressed to the point where I am tired of having so many products. Some major streamlining will be taking place after I finish this personal use it up challenge.

Platinum

Yes and no. I was hoping to be SL by now. :wallbash: I started my journey with severely damaged hair ear length hair. Now, it's an uneven neck length. :sad: I'm looking forward to some longer, healthier hair in 2009.

Junebug D

Nope. I know I didn't take the best care of it and didn't retain as much as I would have liked. I started out bald at the end of June 07 and now I only have 6 inches of hair, when I should have 9 inches by now.

blue_flower

I've had great progress with my hair ever since I cut it in late 2007. I'm glad I decided to just get rid of the layers instead of trying to grow them out. It would've taken forever.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Well ... I went from BSL relaxed hair to shoulder length natural hair, so from a length perspective, I went backwards.

Buuuuuuuutttt ... now I'm 100% natural and I seriously couldn't be happier. I'll get the length back soon enough ... and it will be healthier too.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am pleased with what I have achieved, but looking forward to bigger and better things in 09....

locabouthair

yes and no.

I had three damaged areas and only one of them really grew back. but it grew really nicely.

now for '09, I gotta focus on growing back the other areas. I cant focus on getting SL, until I grow these sides back.

Toy

I am happy with my progress in 08,im hoping 09 will bring me to my final goal of waist length.

Last edited:

FelaShrine

Yes and no. I've cut off 4 inches of hair. It looks better but I'm missing the length, so I'll be bunning it for awhile.