Pokahontas your a GENIUS!!!!!!!

ttlayli

So okay....I finally figured out a way to keep my curls frizz free and purty (where I can actually wear my hair down and feel as pretty as I do when I wear it straight! :grin:) BUT It was annoying having to cowash every single day and do the "curly reggie". Shoot, that is time consuming!!! :rolleyes: So Poka told me about how she keeps her curls in for days at a time. I honestly didnt think it would work for me because I sleep wild, but when I tried for the first time, I woke up and was AMAZED!!!!! :yep: It really does work!!! I can't go for a week, but every three days, which is fine with me! So I really want to thank you girl!! You are a lifesaver!!! :worship2:

Oh and I also want to thank "Teri". She is the creater of this site:

http://biracialhair.org/Welcome.html

Because of her I figured out how to keep my hair from poofing up!!!

:thankyou:

indigodiva

WOWWWW! So those ARE the instructions for dealing with hair like mine. I've been teeter-tottering over whether a lot of those things were the right things to do b/c some of them are the opposite of what I see on here....like the less conditioner vs. more conditioner. It feels nice to see that I was right the first time( I used to do a lot of those steps but I thought they were wrong so I stopped). The rules are different for curly girls.

It makes perfect sense now that my hair only behaves when I leave the conditioner in...and since I see the lady in the picture had some shedding on her brush too, I guess its ok for me too...I wonder if shedding is more common among type 3 heads?

I got the most growth following that method last summer, so I'm just going to go back to it.

indigodiva

Also I see why you shouldn't jump on everybody's bandwagon on LHCF...I looked at her recommended product list and I see one of my staples..the garnier fruictise and l'Oreal vive...

I knew I wasn't tripping....and now I can finally breathe...I don't feel pressured to try everything else out there b/c I see what I have actually will work just fine (like it used to)

Pokahontas you ARE a GENIUS!!!!!!! thanks so much for this

missty1029

This is good!!! I will have to try this. Im gonna try that denam brush to. For some reason it made me nervous.

SoAnxious12

oooh, next time i wear my hair out i'll have to give this a try! Here lately (mostly due to my job and the weather) i've been wearing my hair up at all cost!

lilsparkle825

I'm so glad her tutorial helped!!
man i've been calling it your method. and the plopping part is the ladylibra method...lol

load in a lot of conditioner...i remember your fotki using the word "load", lol

i squeeze out the excess and go about my biz. i only brush once a week.

sareca

girl why do they have a pdf :lachen:

i'm adding this one to my favorites. the other method didn't work to well for my daughter's 4a hair. shingling may work better :yep: the denman is the truth tho. it cut straight through the forest!

eta. maybe i need the buttercreme and glosser?

They are serious about some hair! :lachen: Shingling's a little time consuming. Last time I used Aveda DR and sunflower oil. It worked just fine. :yep: The Denman is sooo much better than using a rattail comb.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
So okay....I finally figured out a way to keep my curls frizz free and purty (where I can actually wear my hair down and feel as pretty as I do when I wear it straight! :grin:) BUT It was annoying having to cowash every single day and do the "curly reggie". Shoot, that is time consuming!!! :rolleyes: So Poka told me about how she keeps her curls in for days at a time. I honestly didnt think it would work for me because I sleep wild, but when I tried for the first time, I woke up and was AMAZED!!!!! :yep: It really does work!!! I can't go for a week, but every three days, which is fine with me! So I really want to thank you girl!! You are a lifesaver!!! :worship2:

Oh and I also want to thank "Teri". She is the creater of this site:

http://biracialhair.org/Welcome.html

Because of her I figured out how to keep my hair from poofing up!!!

:thankyou:
Oh wow, your welcome girl!
I'm so glad it worked out. I was wondering if you had tried it out yet. It feels great to know that I could be of some help.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Also I see why you shouldn't jump on everybody's bandwagon on LHCF...I looked at her recommended product list and I see one of my staples..the garnier fruictise and l'Oreal vive...

I knew I wasn't tripping....and now I can finally breathe...I don't feel pressured to try everything else out there b/c I see what I have actually will work just fine (like it used to)

Pokahontas you ARE a GENIUS!!!!!!! thanks so much for this
*blushing* Far from a genius girl but you're so welcome
. This is why I will continue to share everything that works great for me. It feels great to help someone else and that's why I do what I do.

MissMeWithThatIsh

I tried plopping last night. It seemed great at first but needs some tweaking... maybe the products? maybe I need to shingle the products into my hair and then plop?

ladylibra

man i've been calling it your method. and the plopping part is the ladylibra method...lol

:lachen:

I wish I had come up with plopping! Shoot, I don't even do it the "correct" way. I stole the idea from NaturallyCurly.com and adjusted it. I couldn't do all that upside-down-head-on-the-chair stuff... :lol:

I tried plopping last night. It seemed great at first but needs some tweaking... maybe the products? maybe I need to shingle the products into my hair and then plop?

You can totally do that. I think most people plop after applying product and/or basic styling anyway. :yep:

MissMeWithThatIsh

:lachen:

You can totally do that. I think most people plop after applying product and/or basic styling anyway. :yep:

Yes, I had applied product, lots of it, but it didn't seem to really coat certain areas. I just applied it and plopped. I think sectioning and applying products may be my best bet..

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I know the "curly method" by Teri.

So what was Poka's way? The same thing? :perplexed
No, I've actually been doing that curly method for years now. I learned it from that show What Not to Wear. The stylist Nick used the same basic technique, he called it a "curl set". I have old posts here explaining how I do it but I have no idea where they are.

robot.

Ah, so yours was just how to cover with the scarf? Gotcha. :yep:
I just know Teri's method as the condish + separate part.