POLL: Do you prefer to DC on wet or dry hair?

Which way of DC'ing is more beneficial?

• I think DC'ing on dry hair is more beneficial

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • I think DC'ing on wet hair is more beneficial

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • I don't DC at all

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PrettyBlackHair

I tried DC'ing on dry hair (or prepooin....basically same thing) with Nexxus Keraphix the other day with a warm towel for about an hour or so. Then, i rinsed it out and pooed with CON green. I then applied Kenra MC for about 5-10 min while I washed up in the shower, and rinsed it out. After I rinsed it out my hair felt so strong and healthy and soft :grin:. This seems to work well in my regimen (prepooing with my DC, shampooing with CON, and rinsing with a moisturizing conditioner). Next, I wanna try prepooing with ORS Replenishing and rinsing with Nexxus Humectress. However, my question is does this continue to benefit your hair in the long run or is it better to DC after you shampoo on wet hair?

HERicane10

There is a big thread on this very topic right now! Seems to be working 4 lots of us! :yep: Glad you're enjoying the E-Z way to DC! :grin:

bajanplums1

I like doing protein conditioners on dry hair. Even GPB's label reads that it works better on dry hair. I feel that it penetrates more. I have never tried a moisturizing conditioner on dry hair.

charmtreese

I do both.

If I need a protein treatment (which is rare, since i have been prepooing with oils containing protein), I do that on dry hair. I always do my moisturizing DC on damp hair.

It~Can~Grow

I'm doing a ORS Mayo DC on dry hair (pre poo)...1/3 shampoo, 2/3 con drops of ppmint (shampoo)...Biolage Balm DC on wet (after poo):mix vile cera fort/hydro, 2ml SAA.
(I'd like to try Kenra MC also as a after poo DC)

I really don't know my hair well enough to know if it's responding better to wet/dry DC. It's doing well each way and I believe it's because I'm actually taking care of it either way.

As the months roll by I'll switch for a month trying on dry and charting results and trying on wet only.

I'm just trying to figure out what 'mussy hair' :ohwell: feels like versus strong hair.

Counting down the days until I fully understand my hair and it's needs...

Lady Esquire

I always prepoo because it helps with detangling and protects against harsh detergents in shampoos.

Then I follow a dc treatment after shampooing, which I find more effective.

I only dc on dry hair if I am in a rush.

Aggie

I voted for dc-ing on dry hair as I really do like how soft my hair feels when I'm done and like most of the ladies said, that they use protein treatment on dry hair as it absorbs into the hair strand better and use a moisturizing deep condition on damp hair, that's the way to go:yep:. I would wash out the protein dc conditioner on dry hair, lightly poo, then deep moisture dc.

RubyWoo

I've tried both ways and got good results with both methods. However, since I'm so used to deep conditioning on wet/towel dried hair, that is the method I currently use and stick to.

miami74

I DC on dry hair mainly because it leave my hair so soft before I shampoo it. I am also trying to combat the harsh effects of the shampoo. It's a regimen I will stick to because I love it.

froggie08

I DC on dry hair once a week (using ORS hair mayo or a cheapie conditioner) I shampoo next and then DC on wet hair. My hair loves all the added moisture :grin:.

shtow

I DC on wet hair. I can't get past the fact that I'm putting conditioner over a product. I know its not 100 percent accurate, but because there are already products on the hair, I tend to think they will bock the absorption of the conditioner to some extent. I'd rather condition on clean hair.

Caramela

I c/o like everyday... so I haven't felt the need to DC. The last time I did it would have been over the summer. But I always wash first, and sit under the dryer for 20 minutes with a plastic cap and the DC in. I think it works best with a little heat.

OrangeMoon

When I doing CO Washes I DC on dry hair. On shampoo wash days I'm DC on wet hair. Both work well for me. But I prefer to DC on dry hair instead of jumping in and out of the shower.

MiWay

Both ways work, but I prefer it on wet hair. I feel like I use a lot more on dry hair because I'm not sure if I'm getting all of my hair. It's just easier for me to apply it on wet hair.

hOnii

I DC on wet hair. I can't get past the fact that I'm putting conditioner over a product. I know its not 100 percent accurate, but because there are already products on the hair, I tend to think they will bock the absorption of the conditioner to some extent. I'd rather condition on clean hair.

i agree.. i tried the dry deep condition thing, and for one thing, it took forever to get enough conditioner throughout all of my hair, and i ended up using a lot more because of this. The results weren't all that great for me. I felt like I had buildup from other products, and it really didn't make my hair feel as great as when I wet deep condition..

FlawedBeauty

i'm with you on this one. i also think that the steam from the shower helps to open up the cuticle layer of the hair allowing for better absorbtion, but i might be wrong.

Sunshine0801

Exactly. I deep conditioned on dry hair and I did not like the results. :nono: I like to clean my hair first, remove all of the build-up and products, and then DC.

Fine 4s

I DC'd on dry lose hair with ORS Hair Mayo and liked it. I did not like this same product on damp hair.

I tried DC-ing on dry hair in twists with Curls Ecstasy something and did not like the result. In this scenario, I also did a wash with my ayurverdic brew which contains the drying shikakai powder.

I'm laying it out to say that it depends on my washing and DC combo. It's like DC-ing on dry hair before doing a hard core protein treatment without following up with another moisturizing deep condish :nono:. In that case, DC would never be enough.

Mook's hair

This is how I've always felt too. I have never tried to DC on dry hair.
Even if I don't saturate my hair with water first, I always squirt some water on it before applying conditioner.

bravenewgirl87

I've done both but never paid enough attention to notice a difference. I do know that with wet hair, some conditioners (no matter if you sop up the extra water with a towel) will just melt off the hair.

Demi27

I just DC'd on dry hair today for the first time in a long time.
I loved it. I think I'm going to start doing this regularly. I used an ORS Replenishing pak and LeKair Cholesterol. It was great.

Duchesse

I DC on dry usually with the ORS hair mayo. I really only do it because I'm lazy and impatient and hate to have to jump in and out and back into the shower. I leave it on for like an hour while I carry on with my business and/or tasks, then shampoo and leave in a moisture conditioner while I bathe. I don't notice any negative differences w/my hair by DCing dry, but it saves me time.