Poll: Profectiv BreakFree or Cantu BreakCure

Which anti-breakage moisturizer do you prefer?

• Profectiv BreakFree

Votes: 45 48.4%
  • Cantu BreakCure

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Neither - I use something else

Votes: 17 18.3%

• Total voters

preciousjewel76

I've been using Profectiv BreakFree on occasion when my hair needs a little daily protein. However, it seems to leave a film on my hair:perplexed . I'm thinking of swapping it out for the Cantu BreakCure; I like its ingredients better anyway.

Which do you prefer, Profective BreakFree or Cantu BreakCure?

LaNecia

I don't use the Cantu BreakCure too often but ALWAYS apply it to my previously relaxed hair prior to a retouch (for protection while relaxing)...yields nice results! :yep:

This is a must have on retouch day!

belle_reveuse28

I like profectiv b/c it's the only one i've tried. I like the moisture factor and how it makes my hair feels. I have very dry hair.. I highly recommend it.. it has become a staple of mine.:)

gymfreak336

My hair doesn't seem to like profectiv stuff. I really wanted it to like it but it doesn't. I like the cantu cream, my hair soaks it up. I like to coat my hair with it before washing and cover it with a plastic cap. Then I apply heat for about 10mins then wash as usuall.

Tanji

I really like the protectiv...especially close to touch up time when my ends start feeling dry.

God's Anointed

Honestly, when i use to use cantu, my hair loved it. I had another one though, not breakcure (i can't remember the name right now:( , but i think it was shea butter or something close to that). I did use profective but it wasn't as effective for me cause my 4a/b hair is extremely dry and ii didn't do too much but coat my hair. I honestly look natural when i need a touch up :lol:! I might consider going back to cantu after i've used up all my other products in my bathroom cause it did help my air dried hair actually look like i had a relaxer.

bLackButtaFly

I used the cantu b4 I put in my twists, and when I took them out my hair was super moisturized. I loved it. It's a little heavy for me for daily use though

metalkitty

I tried profectiv a while back and just didn't like it at all. Didn't moisturize my hair or anything. I really like the Cantu Breakcure though, a little goes aways and it's a great leave in also. It seems to help with frizz a little too, I don't know about helping with breakage though since I always seem to have it no matter what. I still love it though and hope they don't discontinue it. My only gripe is that I wish it was in a bigger jar and not so ex[ensive where I live ($5.99).

sugarose

I like Cantu better because I can apply it everyday without getting a lot of build-up on my hair, and I get the softest most moisturized hair. Profective, I can only use on wet hair and a really small amount (a dime sized) or my hair will be all stiff and weird feeling.
I love Profective relaxers but that's the only thing I will use from their line.

nicki6

I've never seen the Breakcure, but I've recently begun using Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream. It was recommended by Sistaslick in one of her posts and that's all I needed to know:up:

She said that a good moisturizer does NOT contain mineral oil, petrolatum, or lanolin. In fact, here's the thread...I printed it out for future reference:D

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84746

I am very impressed with its ability to moisturize and soften my new growth. My hair :love: it. It doesn't build up or make the hair crunchy.

gloomgeisha

bLackButtaFly said:
I used the cantu b4 I put in my twists, and when I took them out my hair was super moisturized. I loved it. It's a little heavy for me for daily use though

I noticed this too, I also had the most defined twist out. I haven't had one that shiny and set since.

http://public.fotki.com/semperfemme/natural_hair_pics/~2006~/september_2006/firsttwistout2.html

I use Cantu as well, not the BreakCure, but the Shea Butter Conditioning Leave In. I love it and use it as a lighter alternative to my Avocado butter mix.

ETA: I don't use it on twists anymore because the water content in the product causes my hair to shrink.

Chromia

I used these a couple of years ago. I think I liked the feel of both. I personally liked the smell of the Profectiv a whole lot better. I used the entire container of Profectiv and about half the jar of Cantu before I realized that using protein daily was causing breakage in my hair, though. :ohwell:

If I needed protein I would choose the Profectiv just because I really did not like the smell of the Cantu.

Brownie518

I prefer the BreakCure on a more regular basis and before and after my relaxer. I use the BreakFree on my hair when I apply a relaxer. My hair always seems the better for it.

Lioness

I voted Cantu Break Cure- My hair loves this!!! It make my hair stong and very elastic, BUT, before using it I have to make sure my deep conditioner moisturized the hair properly, otherwise, the hair is too hard/dry.

Miss*Tress

I use Profectiv BreakFree semi-regularly. I don't have any build-up, my hair feels soft, and it keeps breakage down to a minimum. I've never tried Cantu.

KAT25

I used these a couple of years ago. I think I liked the feel of both. I personally liked the smell of the Profectiv a whole lot better. I used the entire container of Profectiv and about half the jar of Cantu before I realized that using protein daily was causing breakage in my hair, though. :ohwell:

If I needed protein I would choose the Profectiv just because I really did not like the smell of the Cantu.

c0-signing the Cantu was too much for me and the profectiv kind of had a stinky smell to me too I use this new stuff that I found at Target the Replenshing Style Creme works really good for me

redcreme

Profectiv breakfree gets my vote...I love that Stuff!:grin::grin::grin:

Kat, those renutrient products look real tempting.....:look:

RosesBlack

I tried the Cantu awhile back and it didn't really absorb into my hair like the Profectiv. The Break free is the only Profectiv product my hair likes and it LOVES the stuff like crazy.

tbaby_8

Right now my hair is expericing some breakage/shedding. I have 3b/3c/4a hair and it is fine and soft. Do you all think that either product will weigh my hair down?

Ladyhenri

For me, i probably couldn't be without my Profectiv Break Free. My hair loves it, and whiles i occasionally try new products, i always come running back