SLIP? Elucence or Humecto *only if you've tried both*

• Elucence

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Humecto

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shunta

KeraCare hands down!:yep: Elucence leaves my hair soft, but the slip is definitely lacking (at least for my hair).

crumbling_images

I've tried both. Humecto is by superior to Elucence. I bought Elucence based on the raves fromt this board...Totally disappointed!! What a waste of money. Never again.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
For me it's Elucence hands down!:yep: Humecto was just a normal conditioner to me but elucence (I use it as a leave in) has more slip than anything I've ever used. I could get a fine tooth comb through my natural hair with that.

MissB

Humecto has better slip but you can follow it up with Elucence as a leave in. The Elucence detangles very well.

loulou82

I got ZERO slip out of Elucence. I now use it as a leave-in which works out great. So Keracare smacks Elucence in terms of slip.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I don't know if I expected too much from Elucence but I was greatly disappointed after all the reviews. Humecto is better all around (except as a leave-in I guess). I haven't tried the Elucence as a leave-in yet because that is not what I was looking for. To answer the question, Humecto was great for slip and Elucence gave me none.

LABETT

For me it's Elucence hands down!:yep: Humecto was just a normal conditioner to me but elucence (I use it as a leave in) has more slip than anything I've ever used. I could get a fine tooth comb through my natural hair with that.
Same Here Elucence works better for my hair and love combing thru my rough new growth with fine tooth comb.:up:
I still like Humecto Tub version only.

shunta

Same Here Elucence works better for my hair and love combing thru my rough new growth with fine tooth comb.:up:
I still like Humecto Tub version only.

Labett, whats your hair type? I think I remember reading somewhere that people with type 3 hair really have a lot of success with Elucence, which probably explains why it doesnt give me that slip factor since Im a type 4.

Evazhair

I pick humecto over elucence as a dc for slip even though humecto doesn't work consistently for me. Elucence only works for me diluted/sprayed as a leave in. I haven't used either since late last summer.

LABETT

Labett, whats your hair type? I think I remember reading somewhere that people with type 3 hair really have a lot of success with Elucence, which probably explains why it doesnt give me that slip factor since Im a type 4.
YEP,I am 3C and and Humecto cant help me when 10 weeks post relaxer like Elucence.

Shaley

ELUCENCE! I actually like both but when it's time for a relaxer, Elucence saves me EVERY time. I don't know what I'd do without it. I like Humecto too, but Elucence works much better for me when I'm 7-8 weeks post.

tylertown

okay ladies thanks. I'm still not sure which to use. I'm between 3b and some 4a. I might just try both.

Am I right that 3a, 3b responds better to Elucence?

And 4a, 4b better to Humecto?

Does it matter if you are near time for a relaxer? Sounds like Elucence does better during that time..?

2grlsandme

I am so glad you posted this? I just bought a tub of humecto and am anxious to try it. thanks for all the input ladies