POLL: What ingredients does your hair love?

T

Tee

My hair loves soy protein, silicones, avocado oil, shea butter oil, olive oil, and honey.

tc_333

my hair loves motions plus conditioner (cones); motions neutralizing shampoo (I use this every shampoo); jojoba oil; and wildgrowth oil. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

londongirl3

My hair loves certain conditioners, coconut oil and whatever is in world of curls.

My hair hates SLS, water, petroleum products, heat and relaxers. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sweetcocoa

My hair like products with the first ingredient of <font color="blue">water</font> and loves any products containing <font color="green">olive oil</font>.

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sweetcocoa said:
My hair like products with the first ingredient of <font color="blue">water</font> and loves any products containing <font color="green">olive oil</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]
I second the water. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nyambura

surfer girl
I'm continuing to learn about my hair and its requirements but, off the top of my head, I know it loves water, jojoba oil, meadowfoam seed oil, glycerin (when it's not icy cold outside), water-soluble silicones (e.g., elucence shining spray), and silk proteins.

I've also noticed that when I go back to California for vacation, the air is SO much more moist that my hair seems to get by with A LOT less - say, water, glycerin, and jojoba oil. But the lack of moisture out here in the prairie air when the temperature dips below zero changes the game substantially. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

BlkMane

Jojoba Oil
Castor Oil
Blackstrap Molasses
Rosemary
Sage
Lanolin
WildGrowth Oil

As far as styling aids, I think my hair likes PVP (whatever that stuff is).

Any type of 'cones', glycerin (realized this after discovering s-curl activator. Now I want to try the World of Curls gel too). Virgin olive oil.

Kitkat

My hair also loves Motions Moisture Plus for the cones, wild growth oil, and LOADS of moisture. The level of moisture that I need would probably be way too much for most folks. But because my hair is dry (those /images/graemlins/swearing.gif no lye relaxers!!), it can take excessive amounts of moisture and not look bad.

ngaa

since i've been braidin my hair for a bit now its hard 4 me to remember off the top of my head what ingredients my hair like but here i go
-olive oil
-glycerin
- water as 1st ingredient
- very lil protein /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

T

Tee

Nyambura, I just got some meadowfoam oil to try in my conditioner/oil mixtures. How are you using it? Do you use add it to any particular conditioner, and if so, how much do you use?

Nyambura

surfer girl
Tee said:
Nyambura, I just got some meadowfoam oil to try in my conditioner/oil mixtures. How are you using it? Do you use add it to any particular conditioner, and if so, how much do you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tee,
I use it either for my preshampoo conditioner or to help seal in moisture after I wet my hair. I have also mixed it in with conditioner (using the homemade Cathy Howse recipe). This is one of my favorite oils, along with jojoba and monoi.
HTH,
Nyambura

beana3

protein, cholesterol (weirdly most Cholesterol condits aren't my thing, but rather daily products w/ cholesterol), Panthenol. and i can TOLERATE minimal amounts of cones, Motions moisture plus is a no-no for me !

JenJen2721

bumping...because I just fell in love w/using water and jojoba oil as a styling aid...

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
My hair loves <font color="orange">all natural oils,</font> <font color="purple">glycerine, cones,</font><font color="green"> fruit extracts and </font><font color="blue">water, all the way.</font>

karezone

Rigth now my hair is loving africa's best ultimate herbal oil, coconut oil on the roots, Lekair Cholesterol, Queen Helene's Placenta, and Profective Mega Growth

Jenai

karezone said:
Rigth now my hair is loving africa's best ultimate herbal oil

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Karezone, What are the main ingredients? And what does it smell like? Thanks.

Karonica

1. Castor Oil (hair and scalp love this stuff. Been using it for years.)
2. Shea butter (new find and I'm sticking with it!)

Lita

My scalp loves-Rosemary oil . My hair loves-jojoba &amp; profectiv for moisture. My ends loves-coconut oil &amp; petroleum. Happy Hair Growing!