polyester satin sheet set

TexturedTresses

I got polyester satin pillowcases. I'm wondering if this has the same effect as silk. Do I still have to tie my head if I don't want to?

i wouldnt. i feel like the polyester will still suck the moisture out. i went out and bought a half yard each of satin and silk; used the silk for a head scarf and the satin became two pillowcases.

i think the polyester satin pillowcases are definitely a step up from the cotton ones but silk would be probably be better

thanks for all the responses... so yay or nay to sleeping without a head tye. I refuse to sleep with a head tie when my bf sleeps over but I also don't want to sacrifice my hair.

eta: also, I sometimes forget to tie my head especially when i'm feeling lazy.

bumpin... come on guys. i'm finding some info on line tha seems really promising. however, i trust lhcf so i would really like more opinions.

This may sound stupid, but please humor me :grin:. I was wondering if wearing silk scarves on your hair would impart protein to your strands. I came up with this thought by thinking of a cast iron skillet. I know that when you cook with a cast iron skillet it imparts iron to your food, so I was wondering if silk did the same for your hair. TIA :)

Back