poofy and frizzy after a wash

keeshesfromindy

Anyone know how to get rid of this? No matter what I do it still is poofy and frizzy. It has moisture. I just hate to use the flat iron to straighten it out.

Keeshes

Crysdon

You may have to practice the rollerset to get your hair as smooth as possible. There is a thread by Ami Lion giving detailed isntructions on how to get the "perfect" rollerset.

Don't feel bad...it took me a while to finally get the hang of it.

sweetcocoa

I agree with Crysdon. Also you may want to check out your water. If it is 'hard', it will cause your hair to dry hard and frizzy. Do a search on hard water. There are several posts about this. I always use distilled water as my final rinse.

hada

Hello Keeshes,

You can use a naturally alternative to "de-bulk" your hair and that is henna. Go to the Hennaphilic Thread and check it out. I am currently using Henna for the detangling and defrizzing purposes also. It is great stuff!!!!
There is lots of info in that thread. Give it a try if you wish.

hada

keeshesfromindy

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think I will try the henna after I try to calm my scalp down, let the breakage grow out and keep my ends from being dry. I slowly but surely learning how to tame my hair. I'm going to have a serious talk with my hairdresser about letting me go longer between touch ups also.

Keeshes

hada

Hi,

Since you have a relaxer I would try the Hennalucent brand of henna formulated for relaxed hair. You don't have to wait to cut out your split ends. Henna will strengthen your hair. Henna is excellent for the scalp too.

hada

azul11

what is this hennalucent in neutral supposed to look like. i saw it in a store but the hair they had picture was blond. i was like i am not going to put this on my hair and mess my hair up. most of the boxes had different colors if it was meant to color and the neutral had blond thats why i didnt pick it up. anyone have a photo of the neutral one??
God bless you all.

Lindy

You just sit under a hooded dryer with your hair wet and loose???!!
No wonder it dries poofy and frizzy! I would say that's a definite no-no. I think if you MUST sit under the dryer then at least brush your hair back smooth into a ponytail and put a roller on the end. And I think you'd be better off letting it air-dry (in the ponytail method) than sitting under the dryer.

keeshesfromindy

Lindy, i'm a newbie, but i'm learning. I have even discovered samples. I do like air drying, I tried that last week, and loved not sitting under the dryer. I will try the pony tail method though. Thanks