Poohbear Has Decided To...

Congrats on your decision Poohbear.

I would love to have locks, but I wouldn't want to lose the hair I've gained by unraveling them, which I would want to do eventually.

Congratulations on your decision! I hope you love your locs the way folks I know love theirs. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Congrats on your decision Poohbear.

I would love to have locks, but I wouldn't want to lose the hair I've gained by unraveling them, which I would want to do eventually.
Whenever I get tired of my locs, I will just cut the locs off and sport a teenie weenie afro again! :) I don't think I would have the patience to unravel locs that have been in my head for several years.

congrats! poohbear on your decision to loc!! Your hair will be lovely in locs!. I almost was going to loc too this summer for pretty much the same reasons you have. I felt like i was doing too much to my hair. I was doing too much manipuation, spending too much time and too much energy on my hair. However, i fell in love with box braids using my own hair. They allow me to maintain a cute style for a long time. So that has kept me satisified until the urge to loc comes back again!!

good luck!!!

congrats! poohbear on your decision to loc!! Your hair will be lovely in locs!. I almost was going to loc too this summer for pretty much the same reasons you have. I felt like i was doing too much to my hair. I was doing too much manipuation, spending too much time and too much energy on my hair. However, i fell in love with box braids using my own hair. They allow me to maintain a cute style for a long time. So that has kept me satisified until the urge to loc comes back again!!

good luck!!!
Ouuuu! Your box braids in your signature look fantastic!!!

I've worn box braids once and loved how they turned out for the first two days, and then I took them done after day 3 because of shrinkage. I started looking like a little boy with shrunken braids! :lol:

Poohbear,

Congratulations on your decision to loc!:clap:
I'm sure you are going to love them.
(FYI: I will miss your beautiful fro!)

I have always admired how well you maintain your hair and I have loved watching it thrive.
Now I get to watch those locs grow, grow, grow!:grin:

I definately feel you, though, on locing up due to too much maipulation.

I had the strongest urge to loc about a month ago myself for that very reason.
I thought, "I love the look and feel of my natural hair, but sometimes having to do so much to it just to get it to look decent so I can get out of the house :nono:."

To curb the urge, I have started doing C&G.
I'm loving the freedom that comes with not having to do a lot to my hair day to day.

Truth be told, I have been holding out to get SL's.
I have wanted them for more than a year now.

Anyway, this young lady at my church has Sister Locs.
I spoke with her after service a couple of weeks ago (I had to pull her aside to let her know how gorgeous her locs were.)
She was so humble and so kind.
She gave me her consultants card and encouraged me to go for a consultation.

I'm holding on to it, planning to wait out a year of C&G, and if I still have this strong, deep urge, then I'm going to make the investment and just go for it!

Blessings,
dk

Ouuuu! Your box braids in your signature look fantastic!!!

I've worn box braids once and loved how they turned out for the first two days, and then I took them done after day 3 because of shrinkage. I started looking like a little boy with shrunken braids! :lol:

Thanks, Pooh! Ahhh, I remember in the begining having those styles where i looked just like my brother...not cute! Anyway, have fun w/your locs!

Excellent Poohbear! Locs are one of my favorite hairstyles.:love: I'm sure they'll be gorgeous on you! I've had my own started from twists, then braids in the 90s... later I started some with kinky bulk extensions before my wedding in 02.

I cut & took those down 2+years later cause I missed my hair, my fros etc.

I BCd last year and just re-started locs a few months ago ...I'm cheating this time w/ extensions again, my own hair is only about 5 inches long.

I like the insta-length with my fake ones(being able to put it up, fill out a scarf etc) but one real benefit for me was the lack of unraveling in the shower. I have coarse hair but I had a hard time (w/the 90s locs) using my hair alone. I don't like wax so latchhooking was a G-dsend for managing new growth.

I'm not saying you'll have these concerns tho', just sharing.:grin:

Back