Porosity Control Conditioner

caress

I thought this would be a good time to try this conditioner since I'll be getting my relaxer touch-up this week. Well I didn't use it with the matching shampoo. I used VO5 clarifying shampoo first on my roots and then I used Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo to fully wash my hair and scalp.

After using the conditioner and blow drying my hair, it was extremely smooth and soft. So I flat ironed my ends and bumped my ends with a curling iron. As the day went on most of the curl fell out of my hair and my hair seemed more flyaway and a bit puffy though not frizzy. Maybe fuller is the word. That could be due, at least in part, to 10 weeks worth of new growth. I like the softness and how smooth my hair feels though. What's the deal with this conditioner?!?!?!

Also I should add that I put a little Kenra Intensive Emollient on my ends along with the Porosity Control. I rinsed that out, and used Elasta H-Two as my leave-in and put Biosilk Silk Strate (a straightening lotion) on my ends before a blew my hair dry. Then I added a bit of Dudley Creme Press to my ends as I flat ironed them.

Have any of you used this conditioner? What were your results?

Here's some info on the conditioner:

Porosity Control pH 4.5 Corrector & Conditioner

Sally Item #: 700858

Moisturizes, detangles & lusterizes while helping to create more uniform color, perm, or relaxer results.

Size: 15.2 fl oz, 2 fl oz

Obtain even coloring results and maintain healthy hair with Revlon Porosity Control Shampoo and Porosity Corrector & Conditioner.
<ul type="square">
[*]Leaves hair natural looking, vibrant, manageable
[*]Equalizes hair porosity for uniform color, perm, or relaxing results [/list]

Usage Tips
Shampoo hair with Porosity Control Shampoo. Apply Conditioner. Leave in hair 30 seconds. Rinse.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Oleyl Betaine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lecithin, Lactic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, C.I. 61570 (D&amp;C Green #5), C.I. 60730 (EXT. D&amp;C Violet #2)

lunalight7

I believe BRH uses this product. She would have more info I bet. Ignore my last post on the other thread, caress...I hadnt realized that you posted this thread!

I really like this conditioner and have used it on and off for years now. I like to mix it with another conditioner though. Don't ask why. I think I heard from a hairdresser years ago that its nice mixed with another one (forget which other one he mean't at the time) and I never stopped doing the mixing thing.

I usually mix it with Motions Moisture Plus, a thick creamy conditioner with cones to promote smooth hair. The hair comes out nice and smooth. Ps. leave it on cold usually.

Islandgirl

i used revlon porosity shampoo and conditioner for two years in high school. i liked it, the only reason why i ceaased using it was because my new hairdresser recommended Keracare products for me (my previous one left the island). And I never turned back since, I LOVE KERACARE. I do think the revlon porosity poo and con would be good products to add to your regimen as alternates.

as lunalight7 stated brh has experience with this product too, probably you can wait around to see what she says. I didn't experience what you experienced, but that may be because i used porosity shampoo and conditioner. I stopped using it, because i found something better.

caress

Well I can't say for sure if it affected the results of my relaxer touch-up or not. I guess I have to observe my hair after a few more touch-ups.

Anyway, I think this is a good conditioner for softness and smoothness. My problem is that my ends are damaged or underprocessed or something because they are curly (3b). So when it's humid they get frizzy anyway.

Honi

There is no board.
Someone gave me this conditioner to try a few weeks ago. I'll try it this weekend and post a review.