Post your height and how that affects your hair length.

caribeandiva

Human being
i'm 6 ft tall (yes really). i think if i was shorter i would be shoulder length already. i also think it's gonna take me an extra year to get to brastrap cause of my long torso. what do you ladies think?

inthepink

I think that's true. Just like a child can have waist length hair but on an adult that same hair would probably only be bra strap length.

shunta

Caribbeandiva, you representin' for the tall girls!!:lol: Anyways, Im 5 9", and if I was shorter, Im sure Id be at BSL. Oh well:ohwell:

leleepop

I am 5'9 with a long neck lol, and I have to get 25 inches to reach brastrap.I had to edit this becuase I had the wrong measurement

Last edited:

secretdiamond

yup. I always thought about that. I remember looking at some members' pics and going "how in the hell did they get to BSL already!" Then I realize that they're like 5'2". :lol: Now I'm not mad at those who are shorter at all. :nono: But for me, it's even more remarkable for someone tall to reach BSL.

Kimberly

5'8" with a long head, neck, and body...and if I was shorter I'd probably be below BSL but not quite MBL....

but I guess that would depend on how much shorter.

plove

I'm 5'1 and it only took me 5 months to get from 1inch to SL.
I know it's not going to take me as long as you tall women to get long hair but on the other hand long hair looks better on tall women.
Short women with long hair look like their hair is trying to eat them.:lachen:

If my hair make it to WL i will cut back to BSL.
to much hair for a short woman like me.

MissMarie

***sigh***
plove said:
I'm 5'1 and it only took me 5 months to get from 1inch to SL.

Oh, wow. I never realized height could make that much of a difference.
It'd take me at least 3 times that many months to get to the same point.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Height definitely affects hair length. I'm 5'5" (average) with a long-ish neck, but full bra strap length is only about 24 inches (from my hairline). Fascinating!

However, I would trade longer hair for extra height any day! :grin:

hairlover

i'm 5'4" and i have a long neck and torso. bsl for me is 24" wl is 32". since my bc i'm only at 15.5 inches. (long way to go to wl) if i were shorter, i'd be at apl by now.

beyondcute

Im officially 5'8 and 3/4 :) I wish I were 6 feet tall but I dont think Im gonna grow anymore... Bra strap on me is 27 inches form my hair line straight back. Straightened Im at about 20 inches form hairline... So another year from today I guess woudl put me at bra strap... And Id still be transitioning... (ugh).

Kimberly said:
5'8" with a long head, neck, and body...and if I was shorter I'd probably be below BSL but not quite MBL....

but I guess that would depend on how much shorter.

Co-signed I'm 5'8 with the biggest head on the earth (and loving it:D), long neck and long torso- so I am hoping to be at bra strap by next year...

~Nigeria~

caribeandiva said:
i'm 6 ft tall (yes really). i think if i was shorter i would be shoulder length already. i also think it's gonna take me an extra year to get to brastrap cause of my long torso. what do you ladies think?

I think you're so right. I'm 5' 10 1/2" with a long neck and it's taking me for ever to get to shoulder length. Granted I have trimmed like crazy but I shoulda been there by now. I'd hate to see how long it takes to get to brastrap. :ohwell:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
secretdiamond said:
yup. I always thought about that. I remember looking at some members' pics and going "how in the hell did they get to BSL already!" Then I realize that they're like 5'2". :lol: Now I'm not mad at those who are shorter at all. :nono: But for me, it's even more remarkable for someone tall to reach BSL.
I agree.

Great thread. I'm about 5'9". I'm always looking at my cousin's hair which is probably past her waist and I'm like wow, but she is like 5'1 or 2.

darkangel25

5ft8! I actually like my height, but it also means that it'll take longer to get to waistlength.

Last edited:

Lebiya

Wow, I haven’t really thought about the difference it would make in terms of height. I wonder how many inches it would take form me to reach waist length- I’m 5’2

Princess Pie

I'm 5'11", and it is definitely taking me longer to reach my goals. APL is 23-24", and BSL is 26-27". I can't even think about midback right now...

KiniKakes

I'm 5'4" 1/2 so I guess that's about average. Havent measured my hair or anything, so i dont know how many inches I need. But yeah, i definitely agree that our taller LHCF sista's will have more of a challenge reaching longer lengths than those who are petite or average.

Sridevi

I'm 5-8" . I'm natural but when straightened my hair is somewhat long but not at bra-strap. If I were shorter it defintiely would be bra-strap.

Because bra-stap is used as a gauge for long hair I never thought my hair was long. One day when I was wearing my hair straight, I was at the grocery store and I heard someone say "Her hair is so long!" Of course I'm looking looking around like "Who?What Where!" I didn't see anyone else, then I realized the woman was talking about me. That was a cool moment though for me pychologically it doesn't seem like my hair is long because I'm not at that magic bra-strap level.

KiniKakes

OT:

Gee, we have a lot of tall ladies on the board! Thats cool. :) But making me wonder if perhaps I need to rethink my notion of what is "short," "average," and "tall" for women in society. I always thought the average woman in the US was around 5'3"-5'4", but that doesnt appear to be the case across this board.

Sorry for that digression ladies.... carry on! :lol:

JustKiya

Wow!! I never thought of this - finally, I have a reason to be happy that most of my 5'5 height is in my legs!! I just measured, and waist length is 28 inches, and tailbone length is 34. 34 inches ain't all that bad!

KiniKakes

nappywomyn said:
Wow!! I never thought of this - finally, I have a reason to be happy that most of my 5'5 height is in my legs!! I just measured, and waist length is 28 inches, and tailbone length is 34. 34 inches ain't all that bad!

Where do you guys start measuring your hair from--the crown or the forehead?

remnant

I'm 5.1 (1,55m), as you see in my avatar, my torso is short too, so it wouldn't be very long (God willing) for me to reach my Mid back ultimate goal(see my siggy)! :p

EDITED: Sorry I'm lost, I'm ashamed I measure myself today just for verification and you know what: I'm 5.413 feet tall (1.65meters) what a shame I didn't know my height.

Last edited:

Tee

KiniKakes said:
Where do you guys start measuring your hair from--the crown or the forehead?

The hairline for me. (forehead)

I am 5 10' and I have always known it will take a lil longer for us taller ladies. I love being tall so I will just grow patiently.:cool:

shunta

Letitia said:
The hairline for me. (forehead)

I am 5 10' and I have always known it will take a lil longer for us taller ladies. I love being tall so I will just grow patiently.:cool:
Tee, I know I liked you for a reason!! Tall girls representing!!:D Im 5 9'

Tee

shunta said:
Tee, I know I liked you for a reason!! Tall girls representing!!:D Im 5 9'

giggles. That is right shunta!!
And the fact that we are both Texans. ;)