Praise Dancer - Hair Help -- Please

Zeal

Hello

I am a praise dancer. I need to have my hair in a bun. However, I have a TWA. Is there a way I can get a bun, I was thinking of making one. Plaiting kakalon (spelling) hair into a long braid making a bun and pinning it on. However, I have 4b hair, How will I slick it down and get it to stay down?

Help TIA

SayLeesa04

Well I was a praise dancer instructor!! and I always tell my young dancers to hold it down with one black bobby pen!!! I hope this helps a little.

As far as alicking, I would use some honey and aloe vera gel!! mix it up and brush it on then tie it with a silk scarf!!

When you get back home waskk ASAP

Good luck SIS

Zeal

SayLeesa04 said:
Well I was a praise dancer instructor!! and I always tell my young dancers to hold it down with one black bobby pen!!! I hope this helps a little.

As far as alicking, I would use some honey and aloe vera gel!! mix it up and brush it on then tie it with a silk scarf!!

When you get back home waskk ASAP

Good luck SIS

Thanks so much. I hope this stuff stays down. It fights Let's Jam.

Should I use a silk scarf or cotton bandanna?

Zeal

I am doing a test drive (hair) this weekend. I think LHCF is supposed to meet this weekend.

czyfaith77

Zeal said:
Thanks so much. I hope this stuff stays down. It fights Let's Jam.

Should I use a silk scarf or cotton bandanna?

What I use to slick down my hair for buns is Elasta QP glaze. It works very well. I like it better than Let's Jam because it doesn't leave a residue feeling. HTH You can find it at most BSS or Wal-marts.

czyfaith77

Zeal said:
I was given the following advice:

While your hair is soaking wet, apply fantasia ic gel with sparkle lites ( $3.00 from any local beauty supply store) Comb hair in an upward style as close as you can get to a pony tail. Secure what hairs you can with a rubber hair band/soft band, whatever. I recommend you purchase a pre made bun -it's less hassle. Your other choice is a drawstring ponytail. You should be able to lay down any twa at any length. I was doing buns with an inch of hair on my Head. just tie a scarf or do-rag around the side while drying. it should give you nice waves

I have a twa some spots 1 inch others 1/2 inch. It's fights unless it is gelled down and hard as a rock. What am I to do? Will the IC gloss on sopping wet hair with a scarf keep it flat. I am not sure if my wool will give in to this. I need it to lay flat and I reall don't want to use protein gel. But I have to do what work

May ask why is it necessary for you to have you hair like this to praise dance. I know about uniformity but if you can not style your hair as such then what? You can't use your gift of dance to give God glory? Did you express your concerns?