Prayer for Humility...

DeltaQT

OO-OOOOOOOOP!!!!
Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. The result was that their minds became dark and confused.

Claiming to be wise, they became utter fools instead. (Rom 1:21-22 NLT)

Prayer: LORD, some people, thinking they are wise, will argue with anyone who will listen to them as they flaunt their own opinions and ideas as to who You are and what You are. I want to know You in humility, truth, and power. Help me to put aside my own ideas and seek Yours, to recognize that I have everything to thank You for and nothing for which to be prideful in or of myself, and to worship You and love You with all my heart. In Jesus' name, Amen.

webby

Think Slim
Co-signing and praying that I am benefited from this prayer, as well as those I intended it for. Amen.

Nyambura

surfer girl
Is there a way to practice humility without taking others' inventory? Is there a more compassionate way to live our Christian lives without constantly pointing out others' shortcomings (since we each have our own and we all fall short of the glory of God)?

Honeyhips

Lovely
I was taught you don't want God to humble you. It is best to do it yourself. :lol: You don't want to end up in a Job situation.

NapturalGlory

In praying for humbleness and meekness I think it's best to understand that we all fall short at times and so we should pray blessings toward those with ego/pride problems. Pointing out others flaws without acknowledging our own is not humble. Thanks for putting that out there Nyambura. It's tempting to focus on someone else's flaws but we are supposed to bless our enemies and be at peace.

PoeticJustice

NapturalGlory said:
In praying for humbleness and meekness I think it's best to understand that we all fall short at times and so we should pray blessings toward those with ego/pride problems. Pointing out others flaws without acknowledging our own is not humble. Thanks for putting that out there Nyambura. It's tempting to focus on someone else's flaws but we are supposed to bless our enemies and be at peace.

So true and such a good point. I needed that.