praying out loud

springbreeze

after reading the previous post on the Power of the tongue
is it o.k. to pray out aloud, or would it hinder us

i know that God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and
a sound mind..and i know God has given us authority over everything
even the d**l, so in saying this should we still pray silent and never
out loud.

I've never been taught that this was a 'don't'.

I talk to God and pray aloud at times. The more I think about it, I usually pray verbally. I am always alone when I do.

Wow, now that I think about it....that's pretty much the only way I pray is out loud.:yep: I may pray silently if I'm in a situation where it wouldn't be appropriate to pray out loud.

I've always wanted to pray outloud (for particular reason), but have never been able to...even when alone. I am sooo self-consciencious (sp) about hearing my voice, I can't do it...even when I used to go to the altar to tarry for the HolyGhost (I was never one to just get hit with it in a second), I could praize HIM outloud without thinking about what's going on around me...it's a real hinderance.

Oh my, I use to think the same thing, well I guess I still do. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I thought I remembered that someone sai when you pray out loud, the devil can also hear and will try to use it to attack you..or something like that.

Oh my, I use to think the same thing, well I guess I still do. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I thought I remembered that someone sai when you pray out loud, the devil can also hear and will try to use it to attack you..or something like that.

This is my thinking as well. There's no evidence that the Devil and his demons can read minds, but God hears you whether you pray silently or aloud.

I pray out loud, because I seem to focus and zone in that way almost like hearing my voice strenghtens me, the many times I have prayed within me and then fallen aslep without knowing is plenty.....

Maybe that is the tactic of the enemy, I speak aloud, he hears, I speak within, sleep follows :perplexed

I feel like there are some things that I just NEED to get into the atmosphere. When I pray aloud, I set the atmosphere. I know that when I praise that God will inhabit it, so I feel as though I am inviting God in. Not to say that He wouldn't be there if I prayed silently, but I feel Him differently when I speak the words out. It is the same way when I sing to Him. I can't explain it, but I feel Him all over and through me....even walking down the street singing and praying to Him. I know sometimes people have to think I am crazy.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I pray out loud. I'm glad you started this thread because I noticed the spirit urges me to. I am convinced. And another person I know said the same.

As you pray out loud, you speak the prayers into existence. You should always bind spirits that are not of Christ and lose spirits that are of Christ. And complete your prayer, in the name of Jesus. You are speaking those things into your life. Binding unclean spirits that causes job problems or that wife to act up or that husband to mismanage finances. Loose the holy spirit of Jesus Christ agains those spirits. and claim it done in the name of Jesus.

You have the power. Jesus gave it to you so use it I say by speaking it. :yep:

I used to pray out loud and then like Pemuny said, got scared that the Devil would also hear me and try to sabatoge everything I prayed for and about and he did and got me more frustrated so now I pray silently all the time no matter where I am at.

Sometimes I don't even realize I do it because I do it so much and sometimes people have caught me mouthing or lip synching to myself and ask me "did u say something?" and i say, "no, not to you, just talkin to myself...(and God)"

Unlike others, the the only time I can truly say that i feel any notion of Him giving me a sign or "talking" back to me is when I sleep and dream. That's probably why I love to sleep so much and I love to dream and i get therapy from it.

For those of you who have concerns about praying aloud, do you have the Holy Spirit with EVIDENCE of speaking in tongues?

Acts 2:4: "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

Romans 8:26-27: "26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good. (The Message)

1 Corinthians 14:14-15: 14For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

13-17 So, when you pray in your private prayer language, don't hoard the experience for yourself. Pray for the insight and ability to bring others into that intimacy. If I pray in tongues, my spirit prays but my mind lies fallow, and all that intelligence is wasted. So what's the solution? The answer is simple enough. Do both. I should be spiritually free and expressive as I pray, but I should also be thoughtful and mindful as I pray. I should sing with my spirit, and sing with my mind." (The Message)

Back