Praying loud/silently

juju

I have the habit of praying silently,i am not the one for loud prayers
like for example when i wake up or when i am adealing with a difficult situations i am allways praying in my inner mind (if that makes sense ) i know God hears me anyway because he knows us.Now i heard from someone it is always better to pray loud or else it will not be heard,but how true is this anyone ?.

Irresistible

I have the habit of praying silently,i am not the one for loud prayers
like for example when i wake up or when i am adealing with a difficult situations i am allways praying in my inner mind (if that makes sense ) i know God hears me anyway because he knows us.Now i heard from someone it is always better to pray loud or else it will not be heard,but how true is this anyone ?.
Its not true at all :nono:

I know this for a fact because I have talked to the Lord in silent prayer and have heard him answer me directly before, also I have seen those silent prayers be answered by things he did about that prayer to change a situation etc

so no , dont believe that

some say speaking the word outloud is important so that satan hears it, but he cannot hear your silent prayers between you and God, But God does hear them!

kayte

i know God hears me anyway because he knows us

Isaiah 59
Behold, the LORD'S hand is not so short That it cannot save; Nor is His ear so dull That it cannot hear.

There is your answer!
be blessed....

Last edited:

Ms.Honey

Praying aloud or silently is just a personal preference, God will hear you either way.

Now I do believe it's good to pray aloud when you have children so they can learn how to pray by example. I think it also helps us to become more confident in our praying skills. We never know when we may be asked to pray with someone or for a certain purpose like family grace and hearing our prayers helps us to hear the Word of God and establish it in our hearts.

juju

Praying aloud or silently is just a personal preference, God will hear you either way.

Now I do believe it's good to pray aloud when you have children so they can learn how to pray by example. I think it also helps us to become more confident in our praying skills. We never know when we may be asked to pray with someone or for a certain purpose like family grace and hearing our prayers helps us to hear the Word of God and establish it in our hearts.

Very true !

DarkHair

I pray silently and praise God silently (sometimes) as well. I used to beat myself up about this, but my mom had to explain to me that everyone is different.

Duchesse

I pray silently and praise God silently (sometimes) as well. I used to beat myself up about this, but my mom had to explain to me that everyone is different.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my mom regarding being in church and sometimes feeling uncomfortable. I'm a more introverted silent prayer/worshiper and the church we go to is more geared towards vocal/extroverted praise.

At moments I would feel "wrong" for being silent and not very vocal like other members. She explained the same thing to me, that everyone's style is different and that it should not be an issue.

klb120475

Sweetie...do what's best for you. What you feel comfortable. For me if I feel like I need to empower MYSELF then I pray outloud. After I'm finish I feel like I can conquer the world. If I'm feeling more like needing a hug then I pray silently....or quietly. I do what's best for me....either way MY Daddy hears my prayers. :kiss:

Raspberry

I used to only pray and worship in a silent fashion and no doubt God heard me. However, the word definitely says many things about worshiping with a loud voice or a shout, and even the word "meditate" in the original Hebrew/Greek means to "mutter aloud"... I will come back with scriptures on this. A lot is said about how what we speak affects things in the spirit.. remember that God creates and changes realities through his Words, which never return void.

I went through a period where I felt the Spirit prompting me to open my mouth more when worshiping and praying as well as to proclaim his word out loud. It took me a while to come out of my comfort zone to do this but I when I do I feel a greater release in my spirit and greater manifestation overall. And a lot of the time it is indeed a sacrifice of praise - because there may not be feelings attached to it (God doesn't want us to depend on feelings to worship him). But that sacrifice of outward praise is a seed whose fruit is deeper faith ...

Last edited:
I once heard that it is better to pray slient than aloud b/c the devil can hear you and try to attack about what ever you are praying about has anyone heard this?

letitgrow0702

I feel that I am more focused when I pray out loud. Like Ms Honey said it is good to do this if you have children. This is confirmation because I have begun doing this in the morning while DD is home so that she can hear me pray and know that she has a praying mother.

Ms.Honey

I once heard that it is better to pray slient than aloud b/c the devil can hear you and try to attack about what ever you are praying about has anyone heard this?

It's true that the only way the devil knows what God's plans are is through us but he still is only an annoyance for an obedient saint. Besides, praying in tongues keeps the devil from hearing what your spirit says to the Holy Ghost anyway so you're covered already if you do:yep:

WonderfullyMade

I don't remember anyone ever telling me this, but I've always believed it. That's why when I'm praying by myself, I usually pray silently. That is UNLESS I am rebuking the devil and any other demonic spirits, then I'm LOUD!

I pray silently and my prayers (sooner or later) always get answered.

My pastor recently spoke about why prayers must be said out loud. He said that you must speak it into existence. By praying out loud you are allowing God permission to answer the prayer. It become a verbal contract between you can God. It also shows a level of faith; you believe that God can hear your words.

I will continue to pray silently, but with this new information I will also make a point to pray out loud at least once a day.

chicacanella

I got this from another Christian site by Diane Clancy.

3. Spend time with the Lord everyday. Pray.

Here is one definition of prayer: Prayer is a cry from the heart that is couched in relationship with God.

Prayer doesn’t have to use words. Hannah, for example, was praying and moving her lips, but no words came out. The priest thought she was drunk, 1 Samuel 1:13. God heard her prayer. Prayer can be with tears, Ps. 126:6, but it does not have to be with words.

The most effective prayer, I’ve found, comes with brokenness, “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. A broken and contrite heart, these, O God, you will not despise,” Ps. 51:17. Do you recall Jesus’ account of two men who went to pray at the Temple? One was self-satisfied. The other was humble and prayed for God‘s mercy. Which one was justified before God? Luke 18:9-14.

Prayer is strengthened by relationship. Just as a marriage is strengthened by spending time together, so is your relationship with God strengthened by spending time alone with Him. The psalmist said, “Seven times a day I praise You!” Psalm 119:164. Whether this is a literal number, or just descriptive of a close relationship with God, here is a challenge for us all. The point is to spend time with the Lord, from early morning to late at night, praying on the go sometimes, but also spending time alone just focused on the Lord. Praise Him. Worship Him.

This is an effective way to come into prayer:

Psalm 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him and bless His name.

Here is a practical help if you have difficulty praying. Just thank the Lord for His goodness to you, your family, your home, your life. Thank Him for His kindness in revealing Himself to you. Thank Him for His character.

Also, another help. Try to find a regular time every day just to pray. It may only be a few minutes at first. But pray, make it a habit. As in my testimony above, even the best marriage suffers if there is not time alone together. Similarly, your relationship with God will also suffer if you don’t have this time with Him on a regular basis.

There are several hindrances to prayer. The biggest is sin:

Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.

As in the example Jesus gave in Luke 18:9-14, prayer filled with pride and self involvement does not please God. And prayer from a sinful heart is not heard at all.

There is only one prayer that God hears from a person in sin: the cry for forgiveness. 1 John 1:9 was written to believers:

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Also look at the next verse:

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

I have found it useful to always ask God to search my heart as I go into prayer, Ps. 139:23. I ask Him to show me anything that I need to change in my life as well as any sin. Correction is a blessing, always, Ps. 141:5.