Pre Poo

Sanndy

For some odd reason I still dont know EXACTLY what a pre poo is. Can someone please explain the process and the point?

TIA

chebaby

a pre poo by my definition is almost like a deep condition before you shampoo. but you can use anything from conditioner, to an oil to a butter. what i do is apply ojon restoritive treatment to dry hair and cover with a plastic bag and sleep with it. in the morning i shampoo. you can warm oil and do the same thing for a couple of hours. or one of my other favorite things to do is mix suave coconut conditioner with honey, coconut oil and castor oil and let it sit on my hair for 1 hour and then proceed with the shampoo or co wash.

BrooklynSouth

Pre-poo..anything you want to do to your hair to soften it, help with detangling, combing, aid the later shampoo process. You can add oil, conditioner, herbal mixture..whatever your hair likes then do a regular shampoo. I like to use mustard oil, any other oil or conditioner for an hour or so, sometimes just a cap or a heat cap then do regular shampoo..I follow with a quick rinse out conditioner and lots of rinsing to avoid scalp build up. Check the threads by searching..lots of ideas.