.::Pre-Relaxer Reveal::.

D.Lisha

Hi All!

I just wanted to share a my PRE-relaxer reveal before I go in for my touch-up tmr. For those of you that don't know, I suffered a setback around the end of 2010. One side of my hair broke off terribly while the other side thrived. I tried to work with it as best as I could, but I eventually gave in and went in for a trim to even things up (BIG No No)! [this was in September]
The stylist took me from apl to neck length!!!!!!!!!
This left me so distraught...
the nxt day I got online and purchased the split-ender. I vowed to never let a stylist trim my hair again!
From that point on I buckled down on my hair care regimen to ensure maximum potential.....here are the results:

These were taken on Jan 28th

image-656670795.jpg

image-961825588.jpg

These were taken tonight: (5/22/2012)

image-3462265632.jpg

image-649588998.jpg

I'll also post the results frm tmr's touch-up as well :)
Y'all pray for me!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Evolving78

great progress! i love to hear stories about getting things on back on track from a setback. i can't wait to post my story one day. please post pics of your touchup!

D.Lisha

shortdub78 said:
great progress! i love to hear stories about getting things on back on track from a setback. i can't wait to post my story one day. please post pics of your touchup!

Thanks shortdub78!
I love hearing comeback stories myself. They always give me hope ;).
And please feel free to share your comeback story when you're ready....I'd definitely love to hear it

Mjon912

Nice job, your hair is APL and you haven't even done your touch up...LOOKING GOOD GIRL =)

30something

We should rename stylist to choppist, because thats all they seem to do.. chop chop chop
Good luck, I hope the process is goes smooth

D.Lisha

Thanks so much for your encouragement ladies. As soon as i'm done, I'll be sure to post pics!
#excited

Sent from my DROID Pro using LHCF

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
And remember to yell and scream if the stylist tries to "trim" *ahem* cut off your hair!

SmilingElephant

You made some good progress Lisha!:yep: Keep it up lady! And no matter what NEVER let a stylist cut your hair!!

Maybe soon you'll become a DIY'er that way you'd have total control over what happens to your hair!

Seamonster

Beautiful hair, nice and thick! When is your touch up? How do you like the spilt ender?

Take your own mirror to the salon, so you can watch their every move, and they know that you are watching them :eye:

D.Lisha

SmilingElephant said:
You made some good progress Lisha!:yep: Keep it up lady! And no matter what NEVER let a stylist cut your hair!!

Maybe soon you'll become a DIY'er that way you'd have total control over what happens to your hair!

Thanks Lisha :)!
And I an aspiring to be a full DIY'er one day! I have to get over the fear of applying relaxer to my own head first lol.

D.Lisha

Seamonster said:
Beautiful hair, nice and thick! When is your touch up? How do you like the spilt ender?

Take your own mirror to the salon, so you can watch their every move, and they know that you are watching them :eye:

Seamonster
Thank you ma'am :). My touch up was today (abt to post pics of the results) and I love my split-ender! I feel that it has definitely contributed to my comeback. I highly recommend it to anyone that uses the "search and destroy" method while in between trims.

D.Lisha

Okay ladies! It's that time! But before I get into the pics let me just say that my salon experience was G R E A T! She was patient with my NG, started on time and even complimented on how well my hair was moisturized :). Ah...I love my stylist!
I am very pleased with the results:

image-3590853473.jpg

image-426403693.jpg

Here is a front-view comparison:
The first pic was taken on Jan. 28th

image-2099899306.jpg

And best of all NO TRIMMING was done! Lol

Thanks for all of your encouragement :)!!!

Last edited: