Pre touch up itchies.. any tips?

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
It NEVER fails. From the moment I schedule a touch up my scalp starts to itch. My scalp hardly ever itches any other time.

I ususally wash 2-3 times a week but I knew I was going for a touch up so my last shampoo was Sunday. Monday I scheduled my touch up for today (the new growth is outta control). Monday night the itching started. All week I have did my best to resist scratching, rubbing, etc. This morning its just killing me. My appointment is at 3:30 today. Anybody have any suggestions?

Leave scalp alone and try not to touch. When the itchies hit me, I end up lightly *tapping* the areas that itch, rather than scraching or oiling. I end up literally beating my hair up, but it avoids touching my scalp. HTH

Neroli said:
Leave scalp alone and try not to touch. When the itchies hit me, I end up lightly *tapping* the areas that itch, rather than scraching or oiling. I end up literally beating my hair up, but it avoids touching my scalp. HTH

I do that too, and I always feel paranoid that people are looking at me like :eek: WTF IS SHE BEATING HERSELF FOR?! SOMEONE GET ME A STRAIGHT JACKET!!! :look:

candibaby said:
I do that too, and I always feel paranoid that people are looking at me like :eek: WTF IS SHE BEATING HERSELF FOR?! SOMEONE GET ME A STRAIGHT JACKET!!! :look:

LOL! I know. I TRY to do the *tapping* surreptitiously, you know, look around, see who's paying attention, who's not, then get a few taps in. However, when a SERIOUS itch grips me, I get to tapping regardless. **sigh** oh well, at least no burning on touchup day . . .

Back