CLARIFY PRE-TOUCH UP?

BrooklynSouth

:perplexed I am wondering...I'm due for my relaxer around the second week of November...is it wise to clarify {SALLYS generic NEXXUS ALOE RID}prior to my relaxer touch-up? Should I do only the hair closest to my scalp? My beautician is good, she does not over lap onto the older strands. Normally I coat my hair the night before touch-ups with ORS olive oil. Your experiences?

sareca

I'd say only if it needs it. I tried clarifying and doing a protein treatment in preparation for my relaxer and it was a disaster. :yep:

LiLi

BrooklynSouth said:
:perplexed I am wondering...I'm due for my relaxer around the second week of November...is it wise to clarify {SALLYS generic NEXXUS ALOE RID}prior to my relaxer touch-up? Should I do only the hair closest to my scalp? My beautician is good, she does not over lap onto the older strands. Normally I coat my hair the night before touch-ups with ORS olive oil. Your experiences?

Yes. I did a post on this a while back. Build up can cause the straightening properties of the relaxer to take longer. I would do one (a chelator, which Nexxus Aloe Rid is) a week before you get the relaxer along with a deep moisturizing protein treatment. Also, be careful with the type of products that you use on your hair up until the day that you get the relaxer.