Prenatal Vitamins for hair growth

autumnbeauty29

Has anyone who is not expecting taken prenatal vitamins to increase hair growth and thickness? And has it actually done anything? I have heard that it does increase hair length but then some have said that it is simply the hormones from pregnancy. I am taking Biotin5000 but the breakouts are something fierce and I have always had clear skin so I am not at all used to this :nono: Also I have heard that taking prenatal vits can make you h3lla fertile.... (not really the boat I want to be in right now).

Any tips????

Tamrin

unapologetic
Has anyone who is not expecting taken prenatal vitamins to increase hair growth and thickness? And has it actually done anything? I have heard that it does increase hair length but then some have said that it is simply the hormones from pregnancy. I am taking Biotin5000 but the breakouts are something fierce and I have always had clear skin so I am not at all used to this :nono: Also I have heard that taking prenatal vits can make you h3lla fertile.... (not really the boat I want to be in right now).

Any tips????

To avoid the breakout you have to balance Biotin out with the other B vitamins, like B6, B50 and Super B vitamin. I have not experiences the biotin breakouts and its been months I take them all together at night is better.

autumnbeauty29

To avoid the breakout you have to balance Biotin out with the other B vitamins, like B6, B50 and Super B vitamin. I have not experiences the biotin breakouts and its been months I take them all together at night is better.

I am taking a women's multivitamin currently also, I do not know if this counts as a B vit you are talking about. I did have some actual B vitamins but did not want to take actual B vit AND my multi too. I have heard of a taking too many vitamins.

PanamasOwn

I have been taking pre-natal vitamins for about 2months now. I usually am not one to believe in "hair growth" pills or things like that, but I must say that the texture of my hair is much softer, and I have noticed more growth than usual. Another odd thing that I noticed was that my bust size increased. Im NOT lying! it was like a week or two I went from a C to D. I cant even fit my C's anymore. I am taking the regular ones you can find in CVS.

MonaRae

I was taking them but had to stop b/c it was backing up my plumbing really really bad!!!!! :rolleyes:

I spoke to a friend about this who just had a baby and she said it the iron that causes this. So I will be on the look out for some without iron.

bablou00

Bigger BOOBS???? What kind are you taking and where can I get it???

I have been taking pre-natal vitamins for about 2months now. I usually am not one to believe in "hair growth" pills or things like that, but I must say that the texture of my hair is much softer, and I have noticed more growth than usual. Another odd thing that I noticed was that my bust size increased. Im NOT lying! it was like a week or two I went from a C to D. I cant even fit my C's anymore. I am taking the regular ones you can find in CVS.

neonbright

Now after having my daughter years ago, my doctor had me take my prenatal for 8 months after the birth; due to my health condition and yes my hair keep growing like made, and the only shedding I had then was normal. Once I stop shedding was normal until I got really sick but the length kept coming.

autumnbeauty29

bumping back up for more replies ......

because both my best friend and I have currently started a generic prenatal for hair growth and thickness with my biotin and super B complex and notcing great growth on my sides

Last edited:

AvaSpeaks

Ladies be careful with this. Taking these vitamins and your not expecting might have long-term damage. If this stuff is increasing estrogen levels and changing hormones, stuff liek this can lead to fibroids and cysts.

Just take a multivitamin and some Biotin. Or B Complex and Biotin. That can be enough and safe.