Prenatal vitamins and hair growth???

kiara8255

I friend of mine mentioned that prenatal vitamins has helped her sister's hair to grow tremendously. She's NOT pregnant and takes them for her multivitamin. Has anyone taken prenatal vitamins that IS NOT pregnant and noticed more growth? Before I go out and add them to my vitamin regime, I would love to hear from you all. Thanks for the replies! :)

anahnamuslyyours

There have been conflicting "reports" on this from people. Some people believe that the vitamin itself has helped with hair growth, skin health and nail growth. While others believe that the vitamin is no different than taking a regular multi. Then there is the group of people who believe that it is the combination of pregnancy hormones and the prenatal vitamins that cause all of the changes in hair skin and nail health. If you are not taking any vitamins at all and then suddenly start taking something, of course you are going to notice a difference in these areas. I started taking them back in high school, and while I'm sure they helped, they were not the deciding factor in my hair growth or skin health. However, my nails were the best they've ever been when I was taking them. I recently decided to stop as I am taking a multitude of other vitamins and feel they will be juss as beneficial without the added stuff from the prenatal. However, I am thinking about adding folic acid to my list as I don't feel I am getting enough from other means, and know that iron and folate are a big part of prenatal vitamins. HTH.

shellzfoshizzle

My mom said they make your hair grow. I never bought them because the horse sized pills because I can't swallow such a large pill. I think it all depends on the person and what your body is like and what vitamins you already take.

My sister is 5 months pregnant, taking prenatal vitamins and her hair it hasn't helped her hair or nails OR skin.

oglorious1

Mixologist
They do make you feel a whole lot better, I took them during and after my pregancy and they make a lot of difference for me, I bought 400 at Costco for less than $5.00.

hOnii

i asked this question at another board, and i was told that its not the vitamins, but the extra hormones your body has while pregnant.