Prepare yourself... LOTS of questions inside....

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Okay ladies, prepare yourself for a flurry of questions! Here goes: What is set dry? What does CON mean? Is it short for something? How do you prepoo? What is it? How do you use Jamaican Black Castor Oil? Is it better than the Hollywood castor oil? Has anyone use Praital Silk Worm Rinse? How did you like it? What exactly is the purpose of a rinse? Where can I find La India Winder Creme? I saw someone mention it, and I can't find it. What do I do with my hair at night? How does the whole Neosporin AF work? Do you grease your scalp with it? Do you use it alone or mix it with something? Can I seal in moisture with Lisa's Hair Elixer by Carol's Daughter? How do you seal in moisture? Just put the oil on my hair? Dangit, my baby's crying again. Be prepared for chapter two! Hehe! ETA: Thanks in advance, you ladies are great! (ETA means Edited To Add... Doesn't it?)

Last edited:

cutiebe2

First off welcome to the board!!! Some of your questions can be answered by doing a simple search of the forum (look at the top of screen for the search button). Although I can tell you the basic information about Castor oil, there are threads with pages of information that are so helpful.
CON is cream of nature
Neosporin AF contains Miconazole Nitrate (do a search..there are 40 page threads on this) which can contribute to hair growth
Those are the answers I have for right now
welcome again!!!

londonjakki

I think con stands for creme of nature ,shampoo and conditioners..ladies please correct me if i'm wrong...
I LUV THE JAMAICAN CASTOR OIL....I use it on my daughter to seal in moisture...(after you add your leave in moisturizer, you add oil...jojoba, coconut,avocado,jamaican castor.. etc)its made her hair thicker and black..I like the hollywood also..but I've been more consistant with the former!!!
as far as the pratial silk worm/ lhcf member Ekomba always raves about it......sorry don't have the answers to the rest!!!!:)

Last edited:

RZILYNT

I will speak to what I know, I am sure you will get a flurry of responses.
CON stands for Cream of Nature products.
Prepoo is when you use oils, conditioners or any other homemade hair preparation to serve as a pre-conditoner for your hair. It often softens conditions and can make it easy to work with while shampooing your hair.
The conditoning rinses also make the hair very soft and will detangle the hair. I have not used Praital but a similar product. Many ladies love how there hair feels once used. Most of your oils are used for prepoo, hot oil treatments or for sealing the ends after you have done your Shampoo DC Conditioning and Moisturizing routine. You could seal in the moisture with oils or Butters. ;)

How'd I do Y'all did I miss anything? :)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Thanx ladies! So is leave in conditioner considered a moisturizer, or would I need something else? Would the Africa's Best liquid mayo be considered a leave in conditioner? With sealing, do I do it on wet or dry hair? And do I just rub some oil on my hair and comb to seal it? Once again, THANK YOU!

Last edited: