Preparing for relaxer

gvsugirl

I know this has probably been posted before but I did a search and didn't come up with anything. I probably just didnt type in the right phrase. Anyway. What do you all do like 1-2 weeks before you relax your hair? Do you condition with a protein treatment before and then after? and do you put a protein conditioner after you rinse the relaxer and before the neutralizing shampoo??

mstankers

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
gvsugirl said:
I know this has probably been posted before but I did a search and didn't come up with anything. I probably just didnt type in the right phrase. Anyway. What do you all do like 1-2 weeks before you relax your hair? Do you condition with a protein treatment before and then after? and do you put a protein conditioner after you rinse the relaxer and before the neutralizing shampoo??

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest using a deep conditioner on your hair. Make sure the hair is properly trimmed and any dead ends are cut off.

LisaG

Hi,
Has anyone heard of this product by Elasta QP: it is called . Before &amp; After Protein Revitalizing Complex This what it said on the Bottle: Before and After is a sophisticated blend of natual wheat and silk proteins to rebuild and protect, seal in natural moisture, thicken, volumize, and brighten dull, damaged hair.

Directions: To repair damaged hair, spray on evenly, comb thru, place client with plastic cap under a warm dryer for 10 minutes, rinse well, and continue with styling as usual. BEFORE chemical application, spray hair liberally making sure of complete coverage. BE CAREFUL NOT TO DISTURB THE SCALP. Place client under a cool dryer DO NOT COVER HAIR to make sure hair is dry BEFORE chemical is applied. AFTER shampooing chemical from hair, reapply, comb through, and rinse well.

INGREDIENTS: purified water, hydrolyzed wheat protein, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, cetrimonium chloride, hydrolysed silk protein, polyquaternium-10, polysorbate 20, magnesium sulfate, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazlidinyl urea, citric acid.

Do you think that this will hurt my hair? I would like to use this right before my touch up as directed.

LisaG

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
LisaG said:
Hi,
Has anyone heard of this product by Elasta QP: it is called . Before &amp; After Protein Revitalizing Complex This what it said on the Bottle: Before and After is a sophisticated blend of natual wheat and silk proteins to rebuild and protect, seal in natural moisture, thicken, volumize, and brighten dull, damaged hair.

Directions: To repair damaged hair, spray on evenly, comb thru, place client with plastic cap under a warm dryer for 10 minutes, rinse well, and continue with styling as usual. BEFORE chemical application, spray hair liberally making sure of complete coverage. BE CAREFUL NOT TO DISTURB THE SCALP. Place client under a cool dryer DO NOT COVER HAIR to make sure hair is dry BEFORE chemical is applied. AFTER shampooing chemical from hair, reapply, comb through, and rinse well.

INGREDIENTS: purified water, hydrolyzed wheat protein, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, cetrimonium chloride, hydrolysed silk protein, polyquaternium-10, polysorbate 20, magnesium sulfate, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazlidinyl urea, citric acid.

Do you think that this will hurt my hair? I would like to use this right before my touch up as directed.

[/ QUOTE ] Well I tried it and I like it and will use this again and again. My hair has a fuller and thicker feeling. This product prepared my hair for my touch up.

Titansgirl

I'm glad that you tried the QP product and liked it. I think I'm going to purchase this and give it a try on next week when I touch up my sister's hair. Thanks for the review...

LisaG

Right before. Just as the directions say. Make sure you don't scratch/disturb the scalp. As soon as you are dry proceed with basing your scalp/hairline. Apply relaxer, color or which ever chemical application you where thinking about. I will use this every time I have a touch up. It has protein. the relaxer destroys/rearranges the protein of the hair. So why not have it here while the hair shaft is open?