Revlon Realistic Users: How do u relax?

SweetNic_JA

Do you apply a protein conditioner before your wash with a neutralizing shampoo? Do you wait a few days after the relaxer and then apply a protein conditioner?

I really need to know.

Thanks

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I usually neutralize first and then apply a protein reconstructor right after and sit under the dry for about 15 minutes with a cap on. I follow with a moisturizing conditioner and then rinse out.

SweetNic_JA

Thanks DSD and CurlyCurly. Do you use a heavy protein treatment like Aphogee or do you use a reconstructor like Nexxus Emergencee or Sebastian's?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I either use the apoghee two minute reconstructor or Motions CPR if I'm using a protein conditioner. Sometimes, I just use a regular conditioner (vo5, infusium, or elucence).

SweetNic_JA

Thanx Curly

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious too. Also what are the effects of your hair when conditioning before neutralizing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious too. I've only tried this while I was using Motions. My overall Motions experience was a very negative one (severly underprocessed hair)so I can't say how effective the actual conditioning method was.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
The last time I relaxed (last week), I didn't use neutralizing shampoo to neutralize. I used conditioner....Roux Porosity Control. The pH is less than the pH of of my neutralzing shampoo. My desire is to be completely shampooless and that's why I did it. My hair was softer and less dry than it normally is after neutralizing. I followed it up with a stronger than normal ACV rinse.

SweetNic_JA

curlycurly that's an interesting method but I would be afraid to apply relaxers without using any shampoo. How is your hair coming along?